Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Surely Jefferies is looking at Wallace with the intent of playing him on the right. It would be somewhat ridiculous to sign another forward if we're to have Kirk, Buchanan, Barrowman, Whittle and possibly Kevin Kyle.

So far we only have Kirk and Barrowman as recognised strikers, also Barrowman isn't exactly going to chip in with a lot of goals. Whittle is more of an attacking midfielder/winger and Buchanan is still deciding on the offer we gave him. We haven't signed Kevin Kyle therefore can't really take him into consideration.

Surely Jefferies is looking at Wallace with the intent of playing him on the right. It would be somewhat ridiculous to sign another forward if we're to have Kirk, Buchanan, Barrowman, Whittle and possibly Kevin Kyle.

Agreed. We only seem to be linked with attacking players at this moment of time when this is our strongest area of the squad?! Unless as you say one of the above are leaving the club and therefore signing Wallace wouldn't seem as surprising.

Key areas for strengthening are obviously central defence and central midfield. A lot of work still to be done and a lot of activity on the way (hopefully!)

We can't even call any additions to the defenders as 'strengthening.' We only have 2 full back and a pish centre half. laugh.gif

Mind you, that's not counting any youth players or Rutkiewicz, as he is barely ever fit.

We can't even call any additions to the defenders as 'strengthening.' We only have 2 full back and a pish centre half. laugh.gif

Mind you, that's not counting any youth players or Rutkiewicz, as he is barely ever fit.

True! :unsure:

It will be interesting to re-assess the personnel of the squad in 4-5 weeks time and see who we end up with.

Anyone know what the situation is regarding Dowie and Kerr, are they back from their hols yet? Personally, I'd punt them both anyway. Dowie was part of a defence that leaked 80+ goals in the league and Kerr couldn't pass wind after eating vindaloo and baked beans for a month straight.

True! :unsure:

It will be interesting to re-assess the personnel of the squad in 4-5 weeks time and see who we end up with.

Anyone know what the situation is regarding Dowie and Kerr, are they back from their hols yet? Personally, I'd punt them both anyway. Dowie was part of a defence that leaked 80+ goals in the league and Kerr couldn't pass wind after eating vindaloo and baked beans for a month straight.

Pish

Thank f**k.

So in your esteemed opinion what has he brought to the table?

Not a lot but to criticise his passig which has been his only saving grace, is foolish. Not every (hardly any) pass has led to a goal but come off it, he's done pretty well considering he's trying to pass it to players hiding behind their markers.

He bossed the Killie game at Rugby park, hardly misplaced a pass all game.

Not a lot but to criticise his passig which has been his only saving grace, is foolish. Not every (hardly any) pass has led to a goal but come off it, he's done pretty well considering he's trying to pass it to players hiding behind their markers.

He bossed the Killie game at Rugby park, hardly misplaced a pass all game.

Can't agree tbh. He brings nothing to the table at all, admittedly, I wasn't at the Kilmarnock game you refer to although I've seen him in almost every other game since. He frequently gets caught in possession, overhits some passes and underhits others and has no physical presence about him whatsover.

Would rather have seen Ryan Thompson get the nod instead of him.

The Motherwell game at Fir Park springs to mind, he was absolutely honking in that one.

Can't agree tbh. He brings nothing to the table at all, admittedly, I wasn't at the Kilmarnock game you refer to although I've seen him in almost every other game since. He frequently gets caught in possession, overhits some passes and underhits others and has no physical presence about him whatsover.

Would rather have seen Ryan Thompson get the nod instead of him.

The Motherwell game at Fir Park springs to mind, he was absolutely honking in that one.

was the game after killie, was like night and day.

for what it's worth i'd punt him as well, will be on high wages and i question his fight.

macca's mate. didn't work.

Kerr is a good passer of the ball but I'd highly doubt he'll want to stick around for the First Division. There were games which he controlled - Aberdeen away for example even though we lost - but he's also had some poor ones. But then you could argue that our midfield as a whole simply weren't strong enough.

We need to sign a whole defence. We need a dominating, no-nonsense centre back, a left back and the right back we haven't replaced since Woods left.

I heard Paddy Boyle has been punted.

Paddy done a decent job for us in this league a couple of years ago after a shocking first season, probably our most consistent performer and chipped in with a few goals. I prefer Sinclair but not sure exactly who you'd get that would be better after dropping a division.