Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Football clubs at it again, How long has this been dragging on for with constant denials about debt etc then the Pars fans get hit with this bombshell, Wheres has Jim Leishman been in this sorry mess also Yorkston who i read today is being appointed president of the club due to his contribution to Dunfermline i find that incredible. As a Rovers fan i would like to pose a few questions to any Pars fans out there

1. Why didnt the club conduct deeper cuts than they had and went with a more youthful team/ under21"s to make sure the club exsisted considering they knew how bad the finances were at the start of the season.

2. Why did the likes of Leishman , Yorkston not intervene earlier on to avert a financial disaster.

3. If i were a Pars fan i would insist before investing Masterton should cut all ties from the club and cut his losses because he wont see a penny anyway if the club went into admin.

4. Why did the Board lie to there supporters/ Fans trusts etc and not disclose the full facts concerning club finances when if they had been told sooner the club might have been saved by investors/ Fans.

5. Why believe anything the Pars board puts out.

Setting banter aside i feel sorry for one group and thats the Fans, Best of luck guys and hopefully whether you survive or go into Admin you will still have a football club to support .

1.The club did cut costs and go with a more youthful side, evidently they didn't cut enough. Looking at the start of the season they probably worked it out that they would have enough to see them through till the end of the season with backing from the directors, all the problems have came sinse they realised Masterton was a tit and walked out.

2.To stop this happening they should have stepped in back in 2003 when we started throwing insane amount of money around, Leishman wasn't around then and Yorkston, like everyone else got cought up. Nothing they can really do this season tbh, it's all down to Masterton.

3.What do you think everyone has been doing? Masterton though has made it clear he isn't walking away without a return on his "investment" to the sum of 4 million, nae c**t has that money.

4. Probably didn't want to give out the full scale of investments in case they scared away investors, whos going to give money to a club multiple millions in debt?

5. No body has.

Can't really see us surviving tbh.

Whilst I don't know a lot about this situation, Grant, I said the same thing a few years ago when it came public that we were going to be booted out of Broadwood which would have ended the club there and then. With the size of our fan base it seemed impossible to get rid of the debts we owed (still 90k odd left).

I think Dunfermline Athletic has too much going for it to just go down the tubes. Whether it's a long term repayment plan that'll see you go down "the Clyde route" and be bottom of the pile for the next 5 or so years then so be it if it means your team will still be alive.

It's a dreadful situation to go through and I wish the Pars the best.

If the fans back the club to the hilt, then Dunfermline will easily come out the other side of this. I don't get the opportunity to say this a lot, but just look at the messes Dundee have been in and survived.

If the fans back the club to the hilt, then Dunfermline will easily come out the other side of this. I don't get the opportunity to say this a lot, but just look at the messes Dundee have been in and survived.

Another heart-warming tale from Scottish football's greatest cheats, and irrelevant to Dunfermline's situation. I'd be focusing on the bigot managing your football club instead of wasting everyone's time with these rap lectures. How's 'fan power' working out for you there?

Another heart-warming tale from Scottish football's greatest cheats, and irrelevant to Dunfermline's situation. I'd be focusing on the bigot managing your football club instead of wasting everyone's time with these rap lectures. How's 'fan power' working out for you there?

Go on the relevant thread and check for yourself. I'm not here to inform you, good luck with your findings.

Whilst I don't know a lot about this situation, Grant, I said the same thing a few years ago when it came public that we were going to be booted out of Broadwood which would have ended the club there and then. With the size of our fan base it seemed impossible to get rid of the debts we owed (still 90k odd left).

I think Dunfermline Athletic has too much going for it to just go down the tubes. Whether it's a long term repayment plan that'll see you go down "the Clyde route" and be bottom of the pile for the next 5 or so years then so be it if it means your team will still be alive.

It's a dreadful situation to go through and I wish the Pars the best.

If it was just the money to HMRC I wouldn't be too concerned, sure it would be shite but we'd make it.

Fact is though if we survive, then what?Still owe 8/9 million to Masterton, still don't owe the stadium and it's still liable to get pulled from underneath us due to Masterton being in debt by 35 million, the amount of money being talked about is just frankly impossible. The only way a football team from Dunfermline will be playing football next year is if its Sveco Dunfermline in the 3rd, and even then we would be hiring out EEP from Masterton.

Even if we raise the delusional amount of money being touted for the share issue we are still going to be entangled within Mastertons horrible web of company's our only hope is if he fucks off, writes of all the debt and gives us the stadium, and seeing as he's 35 million in the red, that's probably not going to happen tbh.

It-appears-we-are-fucked.jpg

My understanding is that things are so bad that there won't be any administration and it will be straight to liquidation. Not a good time to be a Pars fan.

Hopefully you can find a route through it. The Old Firm aside I'd hate to see anyone lose their club.

Edited by roverthemoon

It appears the end is near. Years of mismanagement and reckless overspending is not going to be sorted out in the next couple of weeks.

There doesn't appear to be an easy solution for the club. Masterton holds all the aces and the only slim possibility (and if he is as much of a pars fan as he claims to be) is if he relinquishes control of the club and allows them a deal to play at EEP for a reasonable sum. If a bona fide deal was in place for this to happen then it could stimulate a campaign to raise funds for the club. I fear it's a very long shot though.

This is not good news for us either....

Too much glossing over the facts in that statement. Even without a chief exec I find it almost inconceivable that the board can't identify trade creditors. Leishman brushing aside the question about how the situation arose is another classic. If I was a pars fan it wouldn't convince me to give them any cash.

Edited by Martin Nelson