Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Jeffries shooting his mouth off about Falkirk in the Retard today. You'd think Dunfermline would be looking for friends right now.

Obviously things must be looking rosier for Dunfermline if they're cool with bad-mouthing clubs attempting to help them in the press.

Hardly bad mouthing - infact he says & I quote "They're doing it because they want a free weekend for the cup semi final, they're not doing it to help us. I know that for a fact. I'm not having a go."

He goes on to state that in November we had asked Falkirk to bring the fixture forward to the last international weekend which would obviously be better for us income wise, they refused for whatever reason which is their right. Since then Falkirk have made it through to the cup semis (well done for that btw & good luck!) they have came back to us & asked us to bring it forward to give them more time to prepare.

They're not trying to help us. They want a free week ahead of the Cup semi-final. Which is fair enough.

It's just ironic since we wanted the game moved forward earlier in the season but it was rejected. As JJ says though, he would be doing the same thing in Falkirk's situation.

In fairness, there were good reasons for Falkirk rejecting that request. The club had already granted several players permission to go home for the weekend (including Lyle Taylor) and at that point Dunfermline were going great guns in the league.

We were hardly going to accept an invitation to come and get humped were we?

While bringing the game forward does benefit us, it does not mean that had that not been the case that we wouldn't have been forthcoming with assistance. Declining the request in November wasn't because we 'didn't want to help'.

It's also worth noting that Falkirk have already helped Dunfermline out with their financial problems this season by not reporting them to the SFA for non-payment of ticket money when we were within our rights to do so.

Edited by Hughsie

Hopefully Dunfermline survive, we had some great games against them in the 90's.

Also, the seethe from various Sevco-supporting spackers that yet another "diddy" club survived something that they couldn't would be rather pleasing.

This club not deid yet? Guys are like Boromir or something, just get on with it!!!

You guys getting bored of the lack of company in the graveyard?I do find it hilarious that so many Sevco fans are bitter and wanting other clubs to go under because nobody wanted to help their old dying club. The reason people didn't help is that you were an institution for cretins, morons and scumbags. A few good fans, yes, but for the most part it was bigotted knuckledraggers. Unlucky.

He goes on to state that in November we had asked Falkirk to bring the fixture forward to the last international weekend which would obviously be better for us income wise, they refused for whatever reason which is their right.

Move the fixture to a date when Duffie & Kingsley would be away with the under 21s, not to mention Fulton with the under 19s? I can see the problem with that.

They're not trying to help us. They want a free week ahead of the Cup semi-final. Which is fair enough.

I think JJ could have expressed it better, though - "Falkirk have agreed to move the game forward, which suits us both for very different reasons."

And so the goodwill ends............... :thumsup2

no it doesnt.....i too have detested everything dunfermline since i was old enough to go on my own (about 1985) & i remember the atmoshphere at brockville for a game between us on say a wednesday or SUPER TUESDAY night (sorry). i remember the atmoshphere at EEP when we took all the Leishman baloons for the new year game...then it all went flat when we quickly went 2 down (i think). Many many great games between the two of us...& although the atmosphere over the last couple of seasons isnt what it was...it is still special when dunfermline comes to town...i even warmed to big leish after his excellent appearance at the dinner in the inchyra a couple of years ago when before i used to see him as the dark lord of the sith...id be lying if i said i didnt want DAFC to be weaker after this cause i do..but i also want them to survive & kick on again.as fans we all knew pars were living outwith their means but really what can supporters do about it..they give us a fans rep as a token gesture to sit on the board but in reality they usually end up trotting out the party line whilst being "in the know" themselves...anyhoo i hope you get through this

You make a lot of good points there. You'd have thought if any group was going to be baying for Dunfermline to implode and fall apart, it would be us Falkirk fans, yet it's actually not the case. While I think everyone was pretty much convinced that Dunfermline were living well beyond their means, and there is (a probably deserved) widespread "told you so" sentiment throughout the supporters of other clubs, there is nothing like the depth of vitriol you might expect amongst the Falkirk support. A much higher percentage than you might think have put it all into some sort of perspective.

Where we probably have much in common is in our utter disdain for Masterton. Now that it's all becoming a bit clearer just what this guy really is, then while "sympathy" might be too strong a word, then there's certainly an understanding amongst our support that what the board of DAFC has done might harm clubs other than their own, and ultimately, the demise of any club (with perhaps the exception of Livingston), does no-one any good.

no it doesnt.....i too have detested everything dunfermline since i was old enough to go on my own (about 1985) & i remember the atmoshphere at brockville for a game between us on say a wednesday or SUPER TUESDAY night (sorry). i remember the atmoshphere at EEP when we took all the Leishman baloons for the new year game...then it all went flat when we quickly went 2 down (i think). Many many great games between the two of us...& although the atmosphere over the last couple of seasons isnt what it was...it is still special when dunfermline comes to town...i even warmed to big leish after his excellent appearance at the dinner in the inchyra a couple of years ago when before i used to see him as the dark lord of the sith...id be lying if i said i didnt want DAFC to be weaker after this cause i do..but i also want them to survive & kick on again.as fans we all knew pars were living outwith their means but really what can supporters do about it..they give us a fans rep as a token gesture to sit on the board but in reality they usually end up trotting out the party line whilst being "in the know" themselves...anyhoo i hope you get through this

You make a lot of good points there. You'd have thought if any group was going to be baying for Dunfermline to implode and fall apart, it would be us Falkirk fans, yet it's actually not the case. While I think everyone was pretty much convinced that Dunfermline were living well beyond their means, and there is (a probably deserved) widespread "told you so" sentiment throughout the supporters of other clubs, there is nothing like the depth of vitriol you might expect amongst the Falkirk support. A much higher percentage than you might think have put it all into some sort of perspective.

Where we probably have much in common is in our utter disdain for Masterton. Now that it's all becoming a bit clearer just what this guy really is, then while "sympathy" might be too strong a word, then there's certainly an understanding amongst our support that what the board of DAFC has done might harm clubs other than their own, and ultimately, the demise of any club (with perhaps the exception of Livingston), does no-one any good.

Fair doos lads. Cheers.

Statement from the #DAFC Steering Group this afternoon -http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130308/statement-from-the-steering-group_2208030_3102116

A non statement to be honest. Not exactly confidence building.

Bit vague, what does positive mean? We are positive that the Pars will survive? We are positively fucked? What?

Edited by renton

I think the fact that talks are continuing over the weekend is a positive. Obviously a shit load to be ironed out but it would appear both parties at least see there might be something they can both agree on or it would all be over already.