Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think the fact that talks are continuing over the weekend is a positive. Obviously a shit load to be ironed out but it would appear both parties at least see there might be something they can both agree on or it would all be over already.

Agreed, it's refreshing to see press statements with mutual respect in them and one side isn't having a pop at the other

Considering how big a day this supposedly was for Dunfermline, there's not been an awful lot of news released by Dunfermline or indeed the press. Quite surprising really.

It'll all be worth it if this collective can put together a deal to save our club

It's daft to think a workable agreement can be knocked out in a few hours. It will take time to reach a deal and cover off all the bases in real detail. Cool heads are needed in this sort of situation and panicking about every single deadline or issue makes no sense. Real thought, care and patience is required in a negotiation like this in order to arrive at a clear understanding and workable way forward. To date the DAFC.net crowd were playing poker and bluffing to make TPC go all in. Act in haste repent at leisure though. TPC called the bluff and now they remain in the game and need to continue to play their own hand skilfully.

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

lets face it this is at a stage where you come out of a meeting room and make flat statements about being positive etc

I'm sure Dunfermline fans know the real meeting is about to begin when (you would hope) the real facts, figures and debts screwing the club are laid out for everyone in the room to see. Then the real business starts.

You make a lot of good points there. You'd have thought if any group was going to be baying for Dunfermline to implode and fall apart, it would be us Falkirk fans, yet it's actually not the case. While I think everyone was pretty much convinced that Dunfermline were living well beyond their means, and there is (a probably deserved) widespread "told you so" sentiment throughout the supporters of other clubs, there is nothing like the depth of vitriol you might expect amongst the Falkirk support. A much higher percentage than you might think have put it all into some sort of perspective.

Where we probably have much in common is in our utter disdain for Masterton. Now that it's all becoming a bit clearer just what this guy really is, then while "sympathy" might be too strong a word, then there's certainly an understanding amongst our support that what the board of DAFC has done might harm clubs other than their own, and ultimately, the demise of any club (with perhaps the exception of Livingston), does no-one any good.

Same old Duncan. :rolleyes:

TPC called the bluff

We can have sanctimonious posts about our overspending until the cows come home but these few words sum up the situation. Despite our fiscal fuckwittery we were still in the game so long as our various sugar daddies kept things ticking over.

The sugar daddies tested Masterton's resolve and are surely unsurprised to find he was lacking the wedge to keep DAFC ticking over in its current form.

If we end up homeless and without a league to play in I'm sure some sort of Dunfermline football club will return. If we end up as a shining example of how not to do things then maybe our downfall will be of some use to other clubs/fans.

If we end up homeless and without a league to play in I'm sure some sort of Dunfermline football club will return. If we end up as a shining example of how not to do things then maybe our downfall will be of some use to other clubs/fans.

Let's be honest here, if they haven't got it from the numerous sides that have already gone out of business and the others that have been in and out of admin with a massive scare, I doubt they ever will.

If they don't spend what they can't afford they end up lower down the leagues than their rivals. Worst case scenario: they end up lower down the leagues as their rivals.

It's daft to think a workable agreement can be knocked out in a few hours. It will take time to reach a deal and cover off all the bases in real detail. Cool heads are needed in this sort of situation and panicking about every single deadline or issue makes no sense. Real thought, care and patience is required in a negotiation like this in order to arrive at a clear understanding and workable way forward.

I think you've nailed it here CC.

Like Jimmy, I too feel that talks continuing over the weekend is a positive sign.

Was signing Falkingham meant to be a 'cheap' option? I only ask this as this was exactly my thoughts as well when the pars signed him however, I've been made aware of a fact that suggests otherwise.

A new caravan for his ma' was the only extravagance.

I feel bad for Jim Leishman, because he's clearly genuine. He loves Dunfermline, and he's trying to do what he can to save the club.

However, he's taken the position of a man who's come home to find that the family farm has gone to ruin while he's been off fighting a war, when in actual fact he's been sitting in the barn with his fingers in his ears for the last decade.

I feel bad for Jim Leishman, because he's clearly genuine. He loves Dunfermline, and he's trying to do what he can to save the club.

However, he's taken the position of a man who's come home to find that the family farm has gone to ruin while he's been off fighting a war, when in actual fact he's been sitting in the barn with his fingers in his ears for the last decade.

said much the same a few days ago

"

could big Leish not be seen to be putting himself across as the good

guy in this by fronting a new board or whatever when in fact hes sat on

the board and whilst dunfermlines debts accumulated?"

That could be aimed at our BOD

2 proposals have been received by Masterton; one by TPC and one by A N Other. In the Courier apparently. Will give answer on Monday - please accept Gavin, please!!

Suppose any deal acceptance with be determined by how much Mastertons willing to relinquish

Do you see Masterton walking away without a sizeable wedge in his pocket?

Edited by Mij

Leish hasn't been on the board since October, was still going in on match days for hospitality reasons as it's quite well known that a few folk only go for the hospitality at EEP because of him. He's a busy man, councillor, provost, head of the ML foundation and yet he's put it all on hold to try and save the club.

Won't have a bad word against him.

Leish hasn't been on the board since October, was still going in on match days for hospitality reasons as it's quite well known that a few folk only go for the hospitality at EEP because of him. He's a busy man, councillor, provost, head of the ML foundation and yet he's put it all on hold to try and save the club.

Won't have a bad word against him.

Well that's alright then, because Dunfermline's seven-figure debt problems directly stem from the last five months of operation.