Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How is Ryan Scully doing?

Looked a really promising keeper when he first broke through for us but completely lost all his confidence, and looked a nervous wreck whenever he played.

We might have progressed too much for him to get a game when he comes back, but hope he at least starts to push on from his initial promise.

Doing well so far, good shot stopper and playing regularly is helping his confidence. Would be happy to have him for longer than his current loan deal.

Have Pars Utd actually taken over the running of the Pars, or is Bryan Jackson & his mob still in charge.?

It's still Bryan Jackson. Pars United should be officially in control from some point this week though, from what I've heard.

Early October and already it's our second two week lay off of the season. Sure, I want Scotland to do well but I really struggle to see why we should have two week gaps between games down at this level. Not really going anywhere with this - just having a moan.

Booze/rolls etc sounds a plan for the hospitality, at least for the time being. It's a big ground and getting more folk in earlier spending money at the bars can only help the coffers and hopefully encourage folk to bring a pal or two along. I've said for a while we need to cater more for the average 'bloke'. Booze, banter, simple grub, football on the TV, cheery staff - make East End the obvious choice of venue for pre and post match festivities for home and away fans.

Maybe speak nicely to Dick Campbell and see if we can practice at Station Park at some point in the next 10 days. What is it about those surfaces that seems to rot our players' brains?

If only it was a cake jumper

It probably was and he probably left it there deliberately in an attempt to get rid of it without causing offence to his housekeeper, who had kindly knitted it for him. He was gutted when he got the call to say someone had found his feckin' jumper.