Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Appreciate fans of other clubs best wishes.

Sounds like we are finally royally fcuked.

Frustrating not being able to do anything about something that is in my blood & has occupied my thoughts since 1984 being allowed to wither & die by people who claim to be lifelong fans but have led us down the road to ruin the minute they took over the reigns.

Dunno what I'll do with my Saturdays.

Just had a read of that thread and had to stop, jesus it was like being back on fan talk *shudders*

Seriously tho i had a chat with a pars fan on Sat night and at one stage thought he might swing at me :lol:

Basically i was making enquiries as to why the Pars have been letting the situation stagnate for so long, the basic response was that no one in the club would tell them what was happening. When i asked about a fans rep he said they didnt know who it was. Fans will be the ones who decide if the club lives or dies with their support and fundraising efforts. Agreed with the guy who advised raising the money but keeping it away from the club until you get a better idea of the situation, without sounding like the BOD are panto villans if you hand the cash to the club you have no idea where it is going

As ive said beforeI hope the Pars dont go out of business but as Andy has mentioned if you are sweating on getting the go ahead for the 2 derby games to keep you afloat, isnt looking good

It was me you were talking to on Saturday, and that's not quite what I said. What I said (or at least what I meant to say - maybe didn't come out right as I was getting quite emotional talking about it) is that the board won't tell us the situation and so it's hard to get folk united to doing things to help, for example as the Hearts fans have done recently. We don't have a fans rep on the board at all so not a matter of not knowing who it is, although we know folk involved with the supporters' trust. And the most important bit is that it's grown to be far too big for the fans to be able to do anything about, particularly as we're bound up in this group structure with its massive debt that could cause the club to go down even if DAFC were to be viable.

Shame to see .net getting into such a state today, until now it's actually been quite constructive in this. I wasn't quick enough to see the ones that have caused the uproar today, but it does seem that things have been said that make it are making it a bit twitchy for the current directors. Although there have been times int eh past when Brian has just lost it completely, I do have some sympathy for his situation this time. It's obvious from even a quick read that he's been threatened with legal action himself by the current board if he doesn't intervene. A difficult position, but one he could have handled better.

Appreciate fans of other clubs best wishes.

Sounds like we are finally royally fcuked.

Frustrating not being able to do anything about something that is in my blood & has occupied my thoughts since 1984 being allowed to wither & die by people who claim to be lifelong fans but have led us down the road to ruin the minute they took over the reigns.

Dunno what I'll do with my Saturdays.

^^^^^not a clue.

the-saturdays.jpg

Just had a quick read on DAFC.net and noticed Cambozpar post this on there. Can only assume he's in the loop, either via Islay or Honk/Renegade Master, or is thinking along a similar track:

If what i have heard is true or not doesn't change the fact that the pars are heading the wrong way up **** street on an exocet missile. A blind man could see that, but some people on here have there heads buried in the sand and are hoping a few whip round buckets and an extra couple of thousand on Saturdays gate will fix it. We will all find out sooner or later if what i heard is pish or not but im bracing myself for the worst. We already know theres a short term cashflow problem, but here's some imaginary but possible scenarios for the ones who cant think what else could go or could be wrong for themselves.

Imagine if we are still due Cowdenbeath the ticket money from the first game of the season. Anyone fancy taking on Donald Findlay in court?

Imagine if the new board members are not investing money ,but only there in an advisory capacity.

Imagine if the people in charge of some fans groups have a little more insight into the situation than the rest of us and don't want to hand funds raised to the club directly for a reason.

Imagine if we had to cut hundreds of thousands from the clubs running costs by the end of the season when we might already have first team squad members who could possibly be on next to minimum wage as it is.

Imagine if the ex board members had advised that it would be best that the club go into admin because finances were an impossible situation and didn't want to throw more money down a black hole ,imagine if that was the cause of their resignations.

Imagine if the tax man wasn't prepared to think of football clubs as special cases anymore. After all far bigger clubs have been nailed in the past.

Imagine if we couldn't afford to pay our players the wages they were due again.

Imagine if we have no "holy grail" games over the festive period due to bad weather.

Imagine that all of this was only the tip of the iceberg.

Think about it !!!

Thought it was pretty much thought the Cowdenbeath money had already been given to them, but who knows about the rest....or not laugh.gif

Edited by rw89

Haven't seen the pm, (would be helpful I'm someone could forward me it, cheers) but its pretty clear the club in the shit even if we just follow the facts and not the rumours that come with them. We know that club are due HMRC a lot of cash, we can't pay our players and we've got long term debt owed to a poorly performing group of companies.

The club need to come out and tell us what is and isn't true and the plans to solve the problems and I'd like to hear the mastertones exit plan, 10 years + they've made the same mistakes over and over they can't be allowed to continue if we survive the current crisis. Bob purvis seems to have got a lot of consessions from them so possibly with the help of the PST he maybe able to take the club on.

On the thoughts of starting up a new club, I dont think this is a path we should be looking to take this path unless all else fails, we should atm focus on making sure the current club survives.

On the thoughts of starting up a new club, I dont think this is a path we should be looking to take this path unless all else fails, we should atm focus on making sure the current club survives.

That's exactly what it is. a completely last resort but there's no reason why we shouldn't look into it and ask for advice at this stage, I'll forward you the PM jst now.

Just had a quick read on DAFC.net and noticed Cambozpar post this on there. Can only assume he's in the loop, either via Islay or Honk/Renegade Master, or is thinking along a similar track:

Thought it was pretty much thought the Cowdenbeath money had already been given to them, but who knows about the rest....or not laugh.gif

I don't know Cambozpar. His first hypothetical point is incorrect though as we have paid Cowdenbeath the money we were due them.

Worst thing about Masterton is that his name doesn't work well in songs. Does he have an insulting nickname?

Handshake banker? ;)

PM if possible folks. Sad to think the Pars are on the brink. People like Masterton and his pal Murray have done Scottish football a disservice. Fan ownership has to be the way forward. I'm sure there is an organisation that can give advice to fans' groups. Think its the supporters trust.

Good luck.