Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can't understand how some people STILL can't grasp the finances of current football. They talk about 'cashing in' on our players, and whilst we need to get as many as we can off the wage bill, we won't be getting much money in transfer fees for them at all. I bet some reckon we'd sell Falkingham for about £100k when we'd be lucky to get a quarter of that.

Also I fully agree with Gordie Boy's .net post. Well put.

I can't understand how some people STILL can't grasp the finances of current football. They talk about 'cashing in' on our players, and whilst we need to get as many as we can off the wage bill, we won't be getting much money in transfer fees for them at all. I bet some reckon we'd sell Falkingham for about £100k when we'd be lucky to get a quarter of that.

Also I fully agree with Gordie Boy's .net post. Well put.

No i really do, we had John Sutton when he left Spurs scored about 13 goals in half a season and went to Millwall for about £40k, still finished the season as our top goal scorer. The point i was trying to make before was more about the wages, anything you get for a fee is a bonus, thats all providing that the players are still getting full wages or some of them may take it to a tribunal and move elsewhere for nothing

No i really do, we had John Sutton when he left Spurs scored about 13 goals in half a season and went to Millwall for about £40k, still finished the season as our top goal scorer. The point i was trying to make before was more about the wages, anything you get for a fee is a bonus, thats all providing that the players are still getting full wages or some of them may take it to a tribunal and move elsewhere for nothing

I wasn't referring to you.

Appears my anti-Masterton stance has earned another ban from .net. Looks like a perma-ban this time out as no card (:lol:) has been issued just a complete deletion of the account.

That's a shame, your posts were always entertaining.

EDIT:

Players received 37% of their wages, oh well that's all right then

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20121204/statement-re-players-november-salaries-_2207955_3000154

I like how it's just a DAFC "spokesperson" rather than putting a name to it.

Edited by GordieBoy80

A fair bit of clutching at straws in that statement

Citing the Falkirk and Rovers games.There is no guarantee of these going ahead and very much dependant on the weather.I know Dunfermline have undersoil heating but can they afford to run that?Even then polis would put games off because surrounding areas were unsafe.

If results dont go in Rovers favour up to the Dunfermline game you could be looking at a sub 1500 away support

Edited by Mij