Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think we were better for the change in midfield and the fact Arbroath are very poor, so we always should have been putting on a better display. We are proper shite, but I'd put my mortgage on Arbroath going down. I think we'll sleepwalk our way to a 9th place finish. Just got to hope we are firing on all cylinders by the time those games come around, particularly from Todd, Bene and KRH. A lot of hope and expectation is going to be put on these guys' shoulders. 

I believe Chalmers has another season out us. I'd be getting him to f*ck ASAP if there is any sort of clause in his contract, or punting him to League 1 on loan for a season if we manage to stay up. He is absolutely useless in this league, but is handy for the top teams in League 1. Mehmet has until 2026 ffs. Another one that can't step up from League 1. We're stuck with him for a while it looks. Out of the senior players that are out of contract, I wouldn't be extending anyone's contract:

Allan - not good enough for top half League 1, never mind Championship.

McCann - good League 1 player, but if we have any sort of aspirations of being a competent, Championship challenger, this is the type of player you have to be ruthless with and let go. 

Jakubiak - will be on a fair wage and doesn't offer enough IMO to justify that wage. Could be spent wisely elsewhere, especially on the misfield. 

I believe we have extended Edward's contract another year? Therefore I haven't counted him. But he is one that is needing to get the finger out to get us out this hole. Not convinced on lots of players but willing to wait until the end of the season to decide what I make of the likes of Wighton and Breen. Wighton has something about him but this season he has been very disappointing. Breen is also permanently crocked, so that's a wage being pissed against a wall. 

Big problems to sort out for McPake. 

Edited by DAFC.

10 hours ago, North West said:

Some day in the not too distant future you'll be tumbling backwards, your financier will have run out of conservatories to upgrade, and Goodwillie will be a dim and bad memory. I used to like you lot, being fellow Fifers etc, but not now. Falkirk are kuntz, and they see us the same, we know this about each other and being honest I now see your club as an irrelevance. Give me Falkirk any day, at least I can hate them with impunity, you lot, fuckin tinpot. 

HATE??,,,,,,,Kinda to be expected, I guess, these sort of responses from those who rode the hubris train for so long!

Wonder if they EVER regretted the many businesses they killed off by their mis management?

After all the chaos DAFC have caused are their fans really sorry? I doubt that many are NOT! ....and NOW THEIR HUBRIS HAS TURNED TO .........BILE!!  I have friends who are DAFC suppporters.......reasonable, thinking people.....

Have a word with your selves....and step away from The Bucky!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

10 hours ago, North West said:

Some day in the not too distant future you'll be tumbling backwards, your financier will have run out of conservatories to upgrade, and Goodwillie will be a dim and bad memory. I used to like you lot, being fellow Fifers etc, but not now. Falkirk are kuntz, and they see us the same, we know this about each other and being honest I now see your club as an irrelevance. Give me Falkirk any day, at least I can hate them with impunity, you lot, fuckin tinpot. 

And yet your 2nd bottom, bringing in many players just to not go down. We're irrelevant look at your club, run by Germans thar don't care about 1st team affairs. Do you really think they'll stick around if they don't make money from your youth. You also have to remember 50% of our board are Raith supporters one of which sold his business for 40 mil. 

Just now, raith1974 said:

And yet your 2nd bottom, bringing in many players just to not go down. We're irrelevant look at your club, run by Germans thar don't care about 1st team affairs. Do you really think they'll stick around if they don't make money from your youth. You also have to remember 50% of our board are Raith supporters one of which sold his business for 40 mil. 

Nah hope they piss off ASAP.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Just got to hope we are firing on all cylinders by the time those games come around, particularly from Todd, Bene and KRH. A lot of hope and expectation is going to be put on these guys' shoulders. 

Every time I hear somebody say that we'll be OK once Benedictus or Todd gets back, I picture the bit in The Running Man when all their henchmen have been dispatched and so they call on Captain Freedom. Sadly we can't just AI Generate some 1-0 wins...

3 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Wonder if they EVER regretted the many businesses they killed off b8

I

Py their mis management?

Firstly, can you name these businesses that were killed off? Secondly, given that every creditor barring Masterton (and Yorkston IIRC) accepted the offer, and that a great many of them subsequently formed Pars United to bring the club out of administration, I'm happy that they felt that way. 

In terms of the Rovers, I'm neither here nor there. Probably wish them well more often than not, except when they play us or are direct rivals for promotion or relegation or whatever. But while some of the social media stuff they put our is funny (I liked the tweet along the lines of "today's over-celebrations as seen from the dug out) and has digs at the right people, I find it a bit odd that so many posts are directly or indirectly about us. Falkirk tried the same last year and it was all a bit forced and flat.

3 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Summers, Allan, McCann and Benjamin should not be starting next game. 

Allan didn't start on Saturday there but did set up a pretty decent chance after coming on at half time. I don't think he's great but as a squad man I think he's OK and won't be on big wages. He's a marginally better option than Chalmers IMO.

3 hours ago, raith1974 said:

We don’t even hate you…………. 

10 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

No more than the ginger step child. I wish them well enough, the rightful order will be restored in due course.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

19 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Allan didn't start on Saturday there but did set up a pretty decent chance after coming on at half time. I don't think he's great but as a squad man I think he's OK and won't be on big wages. He's a marginally better option than Chalmers IMO.

I'm not saying it was all his fault, but we didn't look as good in the second half and he contributed by and large, hee haw. When he leaves in the summer he'll slide down the leagues. 

On 17/02/2024 at 17:36, grumswall said:

What's the case for him to stay at this stage? You're going down if you don't make some sort of changes and chris kane for all his work rate is unlikely to be the saviour you need. 

What was the case for Ian Murray to stay at Raith last season when you finished 7th with 11 wins? I’m fairly sure the board thought he deserved another crack at the whip without all the disastrous injuries.

There’s no available managers out there that will guarantee we avoid relegation.

I welcome all these worried Raith fans and their heartfelt concerns about our current situation. They won on Friday night so their focus obviously moves away from questioning and/or emptying Murray for a bit.

It's not surprising at all. They are more concerned about us than their own team.

Hopefully we can get Ashcroft over the line and a midfielder from somewhere. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

It's not surprising at all. They are more concerned about us than their own team.

Why do you say that? Because a few Rovers' fans come on here and wind you up? (and it is only a few).

There's a few Pars' fans post on the Rovers' forum. Does the same apply to them?

8 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Why do you say that? Because a few Rovers' fans come on here and wind you up? (and it is only a few).

There's a few Pars' fans post on the Rovers' forum. Does the same apply to them?

I planted a couple of deliberately crass statements and you're all fizzing and banging like a shower of cheap Chinese fireworks over here and on your own threads. Tbh I'd be ignoring shite windups if we were sitting at the top of the league but I really do think the deep seated inferiority complex is an inherent part of your average Rovers supporter. 

11 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

What was the case for Ian Murray to stay at Raith last season when you finished 7th with 11 wins? I’m fairly sure the board thought he deserved another crack at the whip without all the disastrous injuries.

There’s no available managers out there that will guarantee we avoid relegation.

Given the spread of points in the league this season, it's not inconceivable that Dunfermline could finish higher than 7th, but Murray was deemed worthy of another crack, by most of our support at least, as we never looked in any danger of relegation. He also got us to the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup, knocking out Premiership opposition on the way, to the final of the diddy cup and also put together a fairly lengthy unbeaten run (albeit it contained too many draws with points dropped from winning positions).