Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I see there's a wee laddie missing in the Kirkcaldy area  

thought I’d copy and paste this here, more eyes looking out for the lad the better 

Police Scotland Fife
11h • ® We are asking for the help of the public to trace a 14-
year-old boy reported missing in Kirkcaldy.
Ewan Park was last seen around 4pm on Thursday, 22 February, near a bus stop at the junction of
Ostlers Way and the A901 in the town. He is described as around 5ft 4ins, of slim build with shoulder length blonde, curly hair. When last seen he was wearing grey jogging bottoms, a blue hoodie and
grey Adidas trainers with a white stripe. Inspector Conrad Musgrave said: "Concerns are growing for Ewan's welfare and we want to make sure he is safe and well. He has connections in the
Gillespie Grove area of Kirkcaldy. "I am asking the public to keep a look out for Ewan and if you see him or know where he might be then
please get in touch." Anyone who can help is asked to call Police Scotland
on 101, quoting reference number 2742 of Thursday,

IMG_6857.thumb.png.b6bdcaed72cd55c718fb9b248838e0c5.png

Edited by Wacky

18 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Miles Welch-Hanlon 27 year old defender on loan from Livingston 

Such a Dunfermline signing.

Double-barrel name ✍️

Injury issues ✍️

Hardly kicked a ball this season ✍️

Welcome to the Pars big man!

Dont Panic Dont Panic GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Home Truths

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I see there's a wee laddie missing in the Kirkcaldy area  

thought I’d copy and paste this here, more eyes looking out for the lad the better 

Police Scotland Fife
11h • ® We are asking for the help of the public to trace a 14-
year-old boy reported missing in Kirkcaldy.
Ewan Park was last seen around 4pm on Thursday, 22 February, near a bus stop at the junction of
Ostlers Way and the A901 in the town. He is described as around 5ft 4ins, of slim build with shoulder length blonde, curly hair. When last seen he was wearing grey jogging bottoms, a blue hoodie and
grey Adidas trainers with a white stripe. Inspector Conrad Musgrave said: "Concerns are growing for Ewan's welfare and we want to make sure he is safe and well. He has connections in the
Gillespie Grove area of Kirkcaldy. "I am asking the public to keep a look out for Ewan and if you see him or know where he might be then
please get in touch." Anyone who can help is asked to call Police Scotland
on 101, quoting reference number 2742 of Thursday,

IMG_6857.thumb.png.b6bdcaed72cd55c718fb9b248838e0c5.png

Good on you, Wacky. 👍🏻

Regarding new signings I now follow the Kevin Nisbet rule. Wait until you see them playing a few games before drawing conclusions. 

Hope the Pars do the business tonight. To help us out primarily, and because it's better having derbies to look forward to if we remain a Championship club.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Good on you, Wacky. 👍🏻

Regarding new signings I now follow the Kevin Nisbet rule. Wait until you see them playing a few games before drawing conclusions. 

Hope the Pars do the business tonight. To help us out primarily, and because it's better having derbies to look forward to if we remain a Championship club.

I’m a parent mate, and I couldn’t begin to imagine what  this lads parents will be going through. 
I hope the laddie turns up safe and well. 

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Comrie in crutches apparently which explains why they've went for a fullback. Get this season firmly in the bin.

I think the club need to assess what’s gone wrong this season. The contact injuries or injuries like KRH’s shoulder are obviously unavoidable. But the extent of our issues can’t just be bad luck. The amount of muscular injuries, or tendon/ligament issues is a concern.

It could be the quality of surface we’ve been training on. If so, all the more reason to make sure the new facilities are excellent.

It could be that the medical team (physio, sports scientist) haven’t done their job to the required standard. They should be monitoring players and helping to avoid a lot of the muscular injuries, as well as ligament/tendon issues. In the modern day, there is a lot of technology and tests that can be done quickly and easily, which can help to reduce the risk of these things and pick up issues before they become more serious. Maybe the club need to invest more money into that side of things?

It could be the coaching staff/players just not listening to advice, or trying to hide injuries until they become really serious. Particularly looking at Bene/Breen for this one, who got muscular injuries immediately upon returning from injury - twice.

Worth adding, these are just some of the possible reasons for this and I’m not suggesting any of them are necessarily correct. It could even be a combination of them all. But it needs to be assessed to make sure we don’t go through this again.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Comrie in crutches apparently which explains why they've went for a fullback. Get this season firmly in the bin.

Aye the new signing now makes a bit more sense if that's the case, although a complete sh*tter of news about Comrie, however not surprised.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Good on you, Wacky. 👍🏻

Ditto,

Firmly want the pars to find some form tonight for both reasons highlighted above.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think the club need to assess what’s gone wrong this season. The contact injuries or injuries like KRH’s shoulder are obviously unavoidable. But the extent of our issues can’t just be bad luck. The amount of muscular injuries, or tendon/ligament issues is a concern.

They'll have to mate although it could be a hard one to actually digest, I can't imagine things have changed drastically in last season and this season's sessions, we done okay with injurues last season only really Allan, O'Hara and McCann at various stages and McCann's happened in a game. Can't remember the other two. If we had changed something in training, you'd like to think we might have reverted back to the previous schedule that seen us injury free for most of last season.

Apparently we have an annual budget for medical stuff put aside and 50% of it was used up in one week which must've been nearer the start when Bene, Kane, Matty all required surgery(s), scans etc and it's just spiralled since.

Can you imagine being the medical team waiting to receive a scan/medical report back from somewhere, and having to go into the manager and say another one is long term, requiring surgeries and what not. Must've been a complete nightmare and probably a very lonely place. I know the physio and medical guys are doing their best and understand their line of work but I'd imagine they all felt to blame at some point, even when they probably weren't.

Anyhow... roll on tonight, I can't really see anything but a Thistle win and probably quite a convincing one at that given recent performances. Thistle will want to keep hot on he heels of Raith and Dundee Utd, couple of dodgy results for those two and Thistle could quietly sneak into the race for the top spot, absolutely anything is possible in this league.

From our point of view, I'd like to see us compete and show a bit of fight and togetherness, come away with no new injuries and hopefully see Matty and Jakubiak play some part. As mentioned above, I can't see anything but a home win so if it has to be a 1-0 without us getting a pasting live on the telly then fair enough. Luck has to change at some point, so if it could start tonight then that would be very welcome! 

Edited by The Toun Clock

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

From our point of view, I'd like to see us compete and show a bit of fight and togetherness, come away with no new injuries and hopefully see Matty and Jakubiak play some part. As mentioned above, I can't see anything but a home win so if it has to be a 1-0 without us getting a pasting live on the telly then fair enough. Luck has to change at some point, so if it could start tonight then that would be very welcome! 

To be fair we created plenty chances last Saturday, if we can find the net a bit more then a nation wide tv hammering might not happen. My heart is overruling my head though 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Can't decide if I come back from self imposed exodus to watch this online or to avoid yet again. Shiter of a day so far personally, so might just give it a miss incase it drives me mad.

I’ll be watching and switching it over if we are getting utterly destroyed. I’m interested in seeing our new lad play though. I have some Haig and an empty tonight, so win win for me regardless 

As a fan of a club who over the last decade who have loved an injury, I'm genuinely unsure who you lot have managed to piss off to get the luck you've had. 

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

As a fan of a club who over the last decade who have loved an injury, I'm genuinely unsure who you lot have managed to piss off to get the luck you've had. 

Is it luck though? Wouldn’t want to speculate without knowing anything about the inner workings at the KDM but I do wonder if there are underlying factors which aren’t helping.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Is it luck though? Wouldn’t want to speculate without knowing anything about the inner workings at the KDM but I do wonder if there are underlying factors which aren’t helping.

Sounds like you're speculating about whether there are undelying factors which aren't helping