Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I turned it off at one point, and then foolishly put it back on again.

The arse is probably making a decent living at this, gibbering shite on that and Sportscene.

Says it all his wife is down in England and he's left up here

Millen is an excellent crosser, but he’s not really a good RB if you are playing 4 back…probably better suited as a RWB. He’s sometimes a bit, er, deliberate getting back, his defending is mediocre (he’ll generally force the attacker wide but not stop the cross), and his heading is, well, absent. With decent or better CB’s and a DM to aid in covering his jaunts forward, he’ll give you some sterling crosses and a genuine threat…but tends to cross from about where he gets the ball rather than driving forward and crossing. Has already been suspended for both accumulated yellows and for an incident at the end of a match that resulted in a second yellow when the opponents goaded him.

With the shape The Pars play, Millen would probably do a turn for you as a right wing back. 

He’s decent technically, good crosser of the ball and effective with set pieces/penalties. 

Nout to do with what’s going on, but I’ve always been sceptic of his defensive capabilities and have argued until I’m blue in the face with many. He’s not the quickest, and not the greatest physically - has a cynical side in him we’re hell take a yellow for the team.

But for the height of the guy, he’s brutal in the air and he’d often not even compete for headers or turn his back on them and that infuriates the life out of me. 

It would appear we’re finished in the loan market then? I would have liked another striker as I think this is a step too far too soon for Holmes right now, and CB in for extra cover would have been handy. 

42 minutes ago, Wacky said:

It would appear we’re finished in the loan market then? I would have liked another striker as I think this is a step too far too soon for Holmes right now, and CB in for extra cover would have been handy. 

Never know but I can't personally see anyone else coming in. I have a feeling Bene, Breen and Fisher aren't a million miles away. I'd have liked another striker too, as without Kane we're a bit toothless up front. I know he hasn't scored yet, but his all round striker play is so much better than the rest.

52 minutes ago, Wacky said:

That's our problem for bringing in a striker who just isn't good enough then, we can't just keep throwing money and bringing players in. 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

😂 2 weeks ago you were saying Holmes should start as he had something about him.  Let’s not write him off completely just yet. 

20 minutes ago, parsboi said:

😂 2 weeks ago you were saying Holmes should start as he had something about him.  Let’s not write him off completely just yet. 

I think I’m just flapping at yet another potential long term injury and Holmes not getting up to speed as quickly as I’d like. 

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, £1.04m loss last season. Will look at them in detail later.

Nice one, I hope you can make sense of it to help many of out in understanding what’s what 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The accounts make bad reading, the reasoning given by the statement reads worse, taking of not playing play-offs ffs we’d have easily made up for that with the queen of the south game, trophy day and increased prize money

Wow, looking forward( or not) to reading all this later or at the weekend. Fck me.

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

TBH, I expected far worse considering how folks were talking. 
It’s still a shed load of money, but not horrific IMO. 

They're absolutely horrific. 

As is the reasoning in the club website.