Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Put this in the Accies thread....

A year ago you guys were spunking over puppies faces at the very thought of McPake. Walked league one and some of you were pushing him as Manager of the Year. Posters on bedroom walls, the lot.

Now, against tougher opposition, you're stabbing him in the back. He isn't doing a Leishman and doing another promotion push...so he should be sacked?

Fickle Pars. Forsooth, for shame.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Put this in the Accies thread....

A year ago you guys were spunking over puppies faces at the very thought of McPake. Walked league one and some of you were pushing him as Manager of the Year. Posters on bedroom walls, the lot.

Now, against tougher opposition, you're stabbing him in the back. He isn't doing a Leishman and doing another promotion push...so he should be sacked?

Fickle Pars. Forsooth, for shame.

Did you lot not want McGlynn sacked after the play offs?

6 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I really don’t get why McPake has such a strong backing from a majority of the Pars support.

From the derby games and a few other times I’ve seen you on TV I think he looks tactically inept. An opinion backed up by the majority of the Dee fans. Falkirk showing like you guys did last season how woeful league 1 really is so it really shouldn’t be held up to any sort of achievement.

Was delighted to see Otoo go off yesterday and that charlatan McCann come on. That was the easiest we’ve seen out a game all season, we’re known to shit the bed but your manager weakened the team whilst chasing. Utterly bizarre.

On a positive, that team you had start the game is only 2/3 players from being decent. Dunfermline board should be doing everything to bring in Rhys McCabe. 

It’s a strange one, the cards dealt this season would impact any club, just as you found out last season so he deserves some slack for that. Some of the players are back now and it’s helped, we really were so bad a handful of weeks ago, but we signed Chris Kane, got some guys back and all of a sudden had some positive results. When Chris Kane is missing it’s like we just do not function in the final third, absolutely hopeless as you would have seen yesterday. Some and I count myself in that think he deserves more time with the squad he actually built.

Falkirk haven’t really had any competition this season. Hamilton Accies didn’t put up any fight at all and rolled over and got their bellies tickled anytime they played Falkirk. Whereas when we won League 1 we still had Falkirk and Airdrie to deal with. Without both Dunfermline and Airdrie there it’s a much easier league. No doubt they’ve made it look good but they chucked more cash at it this season and it finally paid off.

One criticism I will have is last season we were fairly toothless up front but still managed to grind out wins every week. We all knew that wouldn’t be allowed in the Championship yet it wasn’t addressed. Wighton and McCann got new deals, Todorov was wrongly let go as was O’Hara’s which I completely agree with. We dicked about the whole window and finally opted for the out of contract Alex Jakubiak who isn’t a bad player but isn’t a proper striker that’ll get you 15-20 goals a season. We opt for the signing of an untried Blackpool kid, take a couple of pastings and all of a sudden the club panic, dip into their pockets and sign Chris Kane.

The Otoo sub was wild and was rightly met with criticism. Now Otoo could have had a knock, been asking to come off etc but we’ll need to wait and see. If it was tactical then that would be enough for me to change my stay or go opinion on him. Otoo was easily our best player.

We don’t have a bad squad. The back four yesterday were absolutely fine. The midfield was fine, once guys like Todd and Richie-Hosler get some more minutes they’ll bring more, but at the business ends of the park we’re poor. Deniz Mehmet is a butter-fingers b*****d who’s always blaming everyone else but himself. At the opposite end, Chris Kane is the only one I really class as a proper striker. McCann doesn’t know what he wants to be, Wighton isn’t a proper #9 (at this level anyway) and is also out for the season, the boy Holmes is just a young guy from down south who is physical but hasn’t looked like scoring and Jakubiak is better as a wider forward or playing up as a two, which we’ve not really done yet.

I like McCabe as manager but at the same time I think he’s quite suited to Airdrie, if he did move it might not work as well for him, not yet anyway. He has a team who all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet, a team of grafters who play good football.

Our board are stubborn. They appointed Peter Grant following him relegating Alloa. Then waited too long to sack him. They appointed Yogi and despite him having from early November to fix things, we still got relegated. They weren’t going to sack him until he resigned. The McPake appointment raised eyebrows at first but he won us all over. I can’t see them sacking him with eight games to go.

3 hours ago, jasperellon said:

Having seen Dunfermline this season they have a few players who think they are better than they actually are. Wighton, who must be the laziest striker in the league but thinks he is Haaland.

This is the weirdest take I’ve read on this website in some time. Are you okay?

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Did you lot not want McGlynn sacked after the play offs?

We're in a relegation fight, can't score goals, just got ridden for the 5th time off our local rivals but I'll still sleep easy safe in the knowledge that at least I'm not a Falkirk fan

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

League One is poor but this season's division is a lot worse than the one we won IMO. No Dunfermline or Airdrie who were two of the better teams, Edinburgh who had some cracking results last season are a shambles, Queen of the South are somehow taking the crown of worst ever senior team off of our own John Potter inspired jobbers who came 7th, and the only team who are anywhere close to challenging - Hamilton - are so bad that their fans want the manager gone despite being second. Hopefully it lulls Falkirk into a false sense of superiority and they crash and burn next season! 

🤣 I genuinely hope we don't pass like ships in the night. Will be nice to get back to seeing you.

Just out of interest, what sort of reception did the players/managers get at full time on Saturday? We left as soon as Hammy launched one into the away end from outside the box, however I think there could have been still 5-10 mins left as we were back at the car on the other side of Beveridge Park by time the whistle went.

8 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

🤣 I genuinely hope we don't pass like ships in the night. Will be nice to get back to seeing you.

Agreed mate, we’ll win at least four games next season if that’s the case 😁

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just out of interest, what sort of reception did the players/managers get at full time on Saturday? We left as soon as Hammy launched one into the away end from outside the box, however I think there could have been still 5-10 mins left as we were back at the car on the other side of Beveridge Park by time the whistle went.

That's when I left too. It's like a switch going off in your brain to know it's time to just f*ck off. I think they could have played all night and not score tbh. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

That's when I left too. It's like a switch going off in your brain to know it's time to just f*ck off. I think they could have played all night and not score tbh. 

Aye 100%! To be fair as soon as the second went in my mate (who was the designated driver) made a beeline for the stairs, however we jumped in a quiet row near the side of the stairs and watched for a few minutes more. As soon as Hammy hit that poor, floaty shot into the away end that was enough for me. I think if there was a set of full size goals on top of the original ones it would still have gone over the bar.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’m in the same position as you, except I must have parked a bit closer. There can’t have been many left at full time. I got into the car, turned the radio on and Rovers had just been awarded their penalty.

Just now, CallumPar said:

I’m in the same position as you, except I must have parked a bit closer. There can’t have been many left at full time. I got into the car, turned the radio on and Rovers had just been awarded their penalty.

Aye we were in Beveridge Park when the big roar went up for the penalty.

Well if anyone in here stayed around until FT can you let me know what the reaction was like? The boys didn't play badly but just curious if there was apathy from the fans towards the players and manager. I still can't get my head around the Otoo sub. 

My Gran could manage Falkirk, with their huge financial advantage in that gubbins division, to League One glory.

Edited by Enigma

28 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

What a load of fucking pish - this Falkirk side is simply the best to play league one football since sevco.

Shiting it

59 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

You'll be getting your arse handed to you by the shell-suit wearing flappy penguin's resurgent Navy Blue juggernaut. 

Remind me how that worked for you last time out.