Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hope he proves his fitness and we get this over the line. We need quality and experience and he ticks the boxes.  Signing guys like Summers just isn't what we need. 19 years olds on loan,  that show little bits here and there won't take us forward.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

if they're letting him train and he signs for somebody else in the league then you just have to laugh

It's completely bizarre.

He should only be training if he's signed for us. This isn't some random trialist who the management team need to look at to see whether they're any good, they're aware of Wotherspoon's abilities.

If he doesn't want to sign, we should have told him to piss off and train elsewhere.

Edited by Parscelona

Mehmet/New GK

Comrie Bene Fisher New LB

Hamilton Otoo

KRH Todd Wotherspoon

Kane 

Would be the makings of a decent side for all the doom and gloom. Appreciate that would require McPake to play a back four and the bench would need strengthening. 

8 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

https://dafc.co.uk/introducing-the-new-head-of-professional/

On paper, a decent appointment IMO and underlines that the club are taking the academy very seriously. Going to need a lot of patience but if we are going to do this, we at least seem to be doing it right and trying to build something that's credible.

It's obviously adding expense to the club but investment is a good thing if managed correctly. Hopefully it all becomes beneficial and an integral part of how the club is managed. 

59 minutes ago, North West said:

It's obviously adding expense to the club but investment is a good thing if managed correctly. Hopefully it all becomes beneficial and an integral part of how the club is managed. 

Yeah, it's a definite reminder that the academy won't be cheap, although pretty sure Greg Shields was being paid so this isn't a new cost.

12 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

https://dafc.co.uk/introducing-the-new-head-of-professional/

On paper, a decent appointment IMO and underlines that the club are taking the academy very seriously. Going to need a lot of patience but if we are going to do this, we at least seem to be doing it right and trying to build something that's credible.

Can he play LB? 

19 hours ago, Wacky said:

If “word” has been given then why not just sign if a deal is there? 

Purely speculation on my part. The club aren't always just ready to announce new signings as annoying as that sounds for all of us. Sometimes the club photographer isn't available, sometimes the social media guys aren't available. Most of these guys are club volunteers. Sometimes the club hold back signings news for particular days, or to help get season ticket sales past a milestone.

Last summer, guys like Otoo, Fisher, KRH had all signed and were in training before it was actually announced to all of us. Same could be applied here. Maybe they're waiting for the away kit to be available so they can announce a new player in the new kit.

Again, purely speculating but it's not always the case that a player arrives to train on day 1, with the promise to sign and he's out there with the shirt on and the scarf above his head that day. In an ideal world, yes but not always the case.

18 hours ago, Parscelona said:

It's completely bizarre.

He should only be training if he's signed for us. This isn't some random trialist who the management team need to look at to see whether they're any good, they're aware of Wotherspoon's abilities.

If he doesn't want to sign, we should have told him to piss off and train elsewhere.

I was told that someone in his family said he really wanted to join but the offer we made for him was too low for him to afford to accept

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Purely speculation on my part. The club aren't always just ready to announce new signings as annoying as that sounds for all of us. Sometimes the club photographer isn't available, sometimes the social media guys aren't available. Most of these guys are club volunteers. Sometimes the club hold back signings news for particular days, or to help get season ticket sales past a milestone.

Last summer, guys like Otoo, Fisher, KRH had all signed and were in training before it was actually announced to all of us. Same could be applied here. Maybe they're waiting for the away kit to be available so they can announce a new player in the new kit.

Again, purely speculating but it's not always the case that a player arrives to train on day 1, with the promise to sign and he's out there with the shirt on and the scarf above his head that day. In an ideal world, yes but not always the case.

I hope yer right neebs, that would give the majority of fans a huge lift. 

Edited by Wacky

1 hour ago, Danpar said:

I was told that someone in his family said he really wanted to join but the offer we made for him was too low for him to afford to accept

Which wouldn't tie in with the accepted story that he came back later willing to accept the offer. 

It worked out well for him with the United move in January tbf. 

Also Strapp confirmed as going to Finland, I would've been happy with either Strapp or McMann, I can't think of any other players that immediately jump to mind, Edwards replacement might be unknown? 

21 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Which wouldn't tie in with the accepted story that he came back later willing to accept the offer. 

It worked out well for him with the United move in January tbf. 

Also Strapp confirmed as going to Finland, I would've been happy with either Strapp or McMann, I can't think of any other players that immediately jump to mind, Edwards replacement might be unknown? 

Could be a lot of pish but was definitely said so who knows

Edited by Danpar

38 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What I heard as well FWIW.

7 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

rumour was we missed out on him for £100 a week

I also think we will end up with otoo as left back

Which is totally at odds with everything coming out the club just now.  Not only has the recent statement actually called out signing a left back as a priority, Otoo himself said the other day that while he’s happy to help out there his preference (and the managers) is to play in midfield.

should he be still at left back during mid season due to failure to sign someone, then heads should roll at the club, no excuses.   But I do think we’ll have someone in. 

2 hours ago, Coypars said:

Otoo will be our left back his natural position.

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

rumour was we missed out on him for £100 a week

I also think we will end up with otoo as left back

Will be stunned if we simply go with Otoo as left back option. That leaves a fairly large hole in the middle of the park as when he played there last season he was our best player along with Hammy, end of season awards spoke for themselves. 

Is left back really Otoo's natural position? I thought he played centre half for Celtic B, and he's only played centre half or centre midfield for us so far. Not disputing he can't play there, he's a defender and a left footer but wasn't aware that was his "natural position".