Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Home Truths said:

Yep, we have a uninspiring manager whose working with a thin and badly assembled squad. 

The season boils down to hoping there are a few sides worse than ourselves 😬

I'd be surprised if there is...you lot are absolutely hopeless especially at that attacking thing...unless MorTEN are awful you'll be bottom by miles... shame really..just when we get a big chance to make the all time head to head even more one-sided 

8 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Expecting bad news this week ?

Screenshot_20240812_224541_Chrome.jpg

Utter push. They weren't the first offer for a start.

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Hopefully they stick us in admin and piss off.

How could they put us in administration? Would probably kill the club if they did.

Could the rumours be true, are we really in dire straits? Things are apparently not looking good for us on and off the park, and we are all reduced to speculation made up of rumours and misinformation due to the screaming silence coming from our boardroom. 
My auld mum used to use a well worn phrase “be careful what you wish for”, and many fans wanted a change in the boardroom before the new owners came along. Some total f**kwits took their desire for change to some disgusting levels  we had a chairman that put his time money and effort into saving this club, and kept us informed every step of the way, and he did it to save the club he/we all love. Sadly some folks put that aside to abuse him and his family, spit upon him, damage his car, and most likely had him afraid to walk the streets without looking over his shoulder. You see what we have now that Ross has gone? We have a consortium of people that are invisible, that have spent copious amounts of money and it clearly isn’t in the product on the field. Like every Pars fan I’d like answers as to the truth about the state of our club, but not sure if I really want these guys to walk away. I think they have a decent plan for the future if that’s what’s their agenda really is. They can’t be that stupid as they appear to be very successful business men, but could possibly have underestimated the pros and cons of running a football club. I agree that changes are needed, and IMO the first one is to be a bit more transparent. None of us see the value of Mr Cook in his lofty position that apparently comes with a massive wage? 
I really believe Pars fans will get back behind the owners if they can prove they are still committed and getting value for money out of the wage bill for these professionals. 
I think we are all mostly frustrated by the silence coming from the board, that is leading to pure speculation which in turn is causing the unrest amongst the fans. We won’t be happy but will accept the piss poor performance on the park if we know that it’s all in hand and will change soon  

If they would just tell us what the feck is going on they could win the fans backing again 

Anyway, I’ve had a long laborious shift and I’m ready for my bed. 

Romanticising the McArthur years a bit there, especially the part about keeping the fans informed every step of the way. He was the one who brought this investor group in mind. He wanted out and wasn't forced out, because he knew the club was not sustainable.

He did a great job but even he himself said change was needed.

The folk who did that awful stuff to him are scum and deserve a sore face.

9 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Expecting bad news this week ?

Screenshot_20240812_224541_Chrome.jpg

No. That’s just some weird guy making stuff up. Our investors are wealthy and have plenty more money, if the club somehow run out - I don’t think there are any real concerns of this right now though.

They were also far from being the first offer. We rejected several offers before negotiating a deal that worked with them.

Regarding any admin chat, that’s just stupid. We don’t have any debt, other than small loans from some of the investors/directors. None of them are going to be winding the club up over these loans. That’s not in any of their interests at all.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No. That’s just some weird guy making stuff up. Our investors are wealthy and have plenty more money, if the club somehow run out - I don’t think there are any real concerns of this right now though.

They were also far from being the first offer. We rejected several offers before negotiating a deal that worked with them.

Regarding any admin chat, that’s just stupid. We don’t have any debt, other than small loans from some of the investors/directors. None of them are going to be winding the club up over these loans. That’s not in any of their interests at all.

Aye, I suspect someone is taking the lack of budget funds and adding 2+2 together and getting 5 million and three or something equally ridiculous. The lack of available budget is a bit surprising when you look that you've let ten people go (end of contract, sales and end of loan) and brought in three. Given that there are always fantastic numbers of supporters at each game, something feels off that the budget has dried up. 

5 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye, I suspect someone is taking the lack of budget funds and adding 2+2 together and getting 5 million and three or something equally ridiculous. The lack of available budget is a bit surprising when you look that you've let ten people go (end of contract, sales and end of loan) and brought in three. Given that there are always fantastic numbers of supporters at each game, something feels off that the budget has dried up. 

Yeah. I think the lack of budget is, rightly, causing concern. However, I genuinely believe that this is due to some form of review taking place. I think the investors have seen the scale of losses (along with poor results on the park) and are trying to work out where that money has gone and who needs to be moved on/can’t be trusted to make these decisions.

If you were running a business losing £1m per year and not performing well, would you want to continue to give those involved money to spend? I think we’ll see changes in the boardroom and probably in the dugout before they give the green light to spend money. They won’t want Cook/McPake giving out 2/3 year deals, just for them to get punted after a month or 2 and the player not fit into the new man’s plan. I think it’s just really disappointing/concerning that this ‘freeze’ is during the transfer window.

This is pure speculation by the way and not based on any inside info/knowledge.

Let's hope Lass-Hennemann's review doesn't take too long or we will miss the boat, even for loan signings?

I'm expecting him to take over the ceo role as well, not that a club in the championship really needs a highly paid ceo, but he is already on the payroll, through the holding company

My take on it is that after managing to lose £1m 2 years in a row someone has stuck their foot on the ball and said not another round pound until we find out where the coin is going, hence the CFO coming in. Just my take

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Maybe it is all the refunds given for season tickets which have f**ked you.

Need to sell more pies to make up for it!

9 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Let's hope Lass-Hennemann's review doesn't take too long or we will miss the boat, even for loan signings?

I'm expecting him to take over the ceo role as well, not that a club in the championship really needs a highly paid ceo, but he is already on the payroll, through the holding company

Aye we're still missing out on potential players every day that passes. I doubt any clubs will be holding any back for us. Targets will be going to other clubs and we'll be left with either nothing or shite.

8 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

My take on it is that after managing to lose £1m 2 years in a row someone has stuck their foot on the ball and said not another round pound until we find out where the coin is going, hence the CFO coming in. Just my take

That's what should be happening.

I get the frustration about the lack of quality and depth in your team this season but for me the biggest change from the league one games was your players didn't really seem to fancy it, Hamilton aside. The first goal comes from McCann not bothering to track his man and that was just 5 minutes into the game. 

Mcpake's interview after the game seemed like he'd accepted the fact you were going to struggle this season which leads me to think the rumours around a lack of financies are bang on the money.

Kane made a difference when he came on but reverting to a 5 at the back at half time was a bit mental when you were already 1-0 down and needed to get more bodies around him.

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get the frustration about the lack of quality and depth in your team this season

I think we have decent players for this level (Hamilton, Otoo, Kane, Wotherspoon, Todd (when he returns) & KRH (when played in the correct position) are all good enough for the championship.

Our biggest problem is squad depth. It's non-existent. It was the same last season & it's not been addressed & by the sounds of it (Cook pretty much said when everyone is available the squad is fine which is insane) We still don't have a recognised 2nd-choice keeper. We have 1 fit left sided player who is injured. Totally unacceptable.

And I've just about given up with McPake. Like someone said earlier, his interviews are getting a bit repetitive now. He bemoans the lack of depth & signings every week which now looks like deflection after another week of playing players out of position. 

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Romanticising the McArthur years a bit there, especially the part about keeping the fans informed every step of the way. He was the one who brought this investor group in mind. He wanted out and wasn't forced out, because he knew the club was not sustainable.

He did a great job but even he himself said change was needed.

The folk who did that awful stuff to him are scum and deserve a sore face.

I’d say we were way better informed then than now. Yes, he did recognise that he was getting out his depth, and looked for options to change that. Ross decided that these new guys would be a good fit. I know he was going to go at some point, but I heard through friends of his that he was indeed forced to go earlier than he wanted due to the bile and potential threat to his family and him. I totally agree that the people that carried out the attacks on him deserve to be totally blootered. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

If you were running a business losing £1m per year and not performing well, would you want to continue to give those involved money to spend?

I’m hoping this is the case as opposed to the administration stuff that’s being banded around. 
I personally don’t believe the club is worth the debt it supposedly has around its neck? And EEP is a separate entity which I believe is mortgaged for more than it’s worth ( I’m not sure about this mind) so it’s hardly going to be profitable to collapse the company. I don’t think these guys are to cut and run, I think/hope they’re taking stock of the situation and taking steps to arrest the situation right now, then hopefully regroup and get their plan back on the rails. 

45 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’m hoping this is the case as opposed to the administration stuff that’s being banded around. 
I personally don’t believe the club is worth the debt it supposedly has around its neck? 

What debt does the club supposedly have? We don’t have any loans.

Guys.....how the hell does this keep happening to you? You guys have some great history and yet...

we seem to hear this scenario so often!! I presume due diligence was previously  applied....

or should be applied when new owners take over the reins?

Given your "history" of Masterton time et.al.....should you not be looking at a fan base takeover?

I know. easier said than done but....no malice aforethought.....DAFC seem to be going backward.

Scary stuff. especially with little feedback or up date from your Boardroom!! Aw the best!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get the frustration about the lack of quality and depth in your team this season but for me the biggest change from the league one games was your players didn't really seem to fancy it, Hamilton aside. The first goal comes from McCann not bothering to track his man and that was just 5 minutes into the game. 

Mcpake's interview after the game seemed like he'd accepted the fact you were going to struggle this season which leads me to think the rumours around a lack of financies are bang on the money.

Kane made a difference when he came on but reverting to a 5 at the back at half time was a bit mental when you were already 1-0 down and needed to get more bodies around him.

That's Lewis McCann for you, heart of a mouse.

In fairness McPake has always been honest about where we're aiming, never setting expectations too high but he's quite rightly a bit fed up with budgets and is now showing this via his press conferences. I'd rather he was coming out and saying we won't challenge for top four as things stand than rolling out some nonsense about aiming for the promotion playoffs.

I don't necessarily think it's a lack of finances. It's more our finances are frozen at the moment. Sounds like our new CFO is doing a review, where's all this money actually going and until that's done we're keeping the purse strings fairly tight. Of course the club could come out and say this and would certainly put a lot of silly rumours to bed.

Agree with the point RE Kane. He'll be vital for us but moving to the back five was bizzare, however not unexpected since that's the managers preferred system. 

56 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I personally don’t believe the club is worth the debt it supposedly has around its neck

I believe the only debt we have is less than £20k in a loan to high street bank. Do you really value the club at under £20k? If you do I’m not sure you understand how this all works