Walking Down The Halbeath Road

After getting their fingers burnt last year in terms of average crowd predictions - and taking note of your crowds last time around when you won the league in a close race with Falkirk and Raith - how in heaven's name did your board think budgeting on 4,000+ crowds was sensible?

They shouldn't have been budgeting on cup runs, general away crowds, non-existent friendlies or failing to note the fixture list either.

Good luck in your plight. It must be so frustrating having to deal with such muppetry.

They did it under Calderwood - the crowds never materialised and we nearly went into administration. They did it last season and we suffered cash flow problems.

It's astonishing how they've never learned. And why the f*** they aren't budgeting for realistic attendances, and setting their budgets without including away supporters (which should be looked upon as a bonus, surely) is unbelievable.

I just don't know what to think at the moment. But the fact that dafc.net is full of threads about fundraising ideas and payments due all over the shop has extremely worried me. It's just ridiculous we've managed to put ourselves into this situation.

I have to hope we get through this period as there'd be a massive hole in my life without the Pars. It doesn't bear thinking about and if anything were to happen to them, I won't lie, I'd be absolutely devastated.

POET raised the point earlier about how we go around fixing this, yet i genuinely have no idea.

One things for sure is that i have no interest in giving the board any money on top of my entry fee for the Dumbarton game. There's no point giving them any extra money, as they don't know how to run the club.

Any money raised by the fans should not go towards Masterton and co, we need to get them out of our club. Hopefully we can somehow survive the administration process and come out of it with a fresh start.

Agreed!

Fingers crossed we somehow pull through this farce! I dont know the exacts of what goes on from within the club , but I cant help feeling that we are gonna be ok! Maybe just naive on my part but i'm staying positive ph34r.gif

How about 200 fans (who could afford it ) rally together and each buy like a 5year season ticket for a reduced price of say £1000ish. I'm sure 2 or 300 of us could do this. It would give the club a much needed boost and certainly help with this season anyway.

Probably very flawed and a silly idea i know, I'm just thinking out loud . unsure.gif

I get the impression that you're a young guy, and your heart is in the right place, but I get the feeling that you aren't fully aware of the full implications of what's going on. No one should be doing what you're suggesting in my view. Which leads me to...

#selloutvsDumbarton

Many ST holders paying £17 in stead of using their ST. I'm a student and should be paying £11 but will pay £17. Also buying derby discount tickets for £20 each plus my usual food, programme & 50/50 tickets. Roughly £50 coming Pars' way soon. Get your mates, family, colleagues or even lapsed fans you know. Lets get everyone and anyone to East End on the 24th. COYP!!

I would urge all Pars to NOT do this. Have no part of this. I'm not saying don't go to the games, but if you have a season ticket, use it, and don't give the club any more of your money. If you want to give over money, best give it to a fans fund. Also by all means we should be looking to get more people to games, but frankly the onus isn't on us, it's on the club, and people really need to be looking as to why the attendances are so low and have been dropping for years.

Also sell out? Not going to happen. In fact I would be surprised if the crowd got over 3000.

Edited by DA Baracus

Meanwhile, in a far away reality known as the DAFC boardroom:

DAFC – Restructuring of the Board of Directors

DAFC is delighted to announce that Bob Purvis, Chairman of the Purvis Group, Jim Thomson, Managing Director of Purvis Group, Bob Garmory Chairman of Carnegie College will be joining the board.

The new board will focus on the restructuring of the Club's activities into two distinct groups.

1. Football operations – managed by Black and White Limited

2. All non-football operations – managed by East End Events Ltd

Both companies are 100% subsidiaries of DAFC Ltd and overseen by the main DAFC board which has complete budgetary control.

Black and White, chaired by Craig McWhirter, will concentrate on developing a strong youth led football strategy. Black and White will focus initially on the U17's with phase 2 bringing the Community under their wing and ultimately all youth and senior football operations will fall under their remit.

Meanwhile, East End Events Ltd, headed by Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin, will be responsible for delivering a meaningful and increasing profitable contribution to the Club, mainly through its events activities.

Further changes to the DAFC board include Rodney Shearer who has been appointed Deputy Chairman of DAFC and will assume the role of Chairman from 1st June 2013 replacing John Yorkston who will take up the role of Honorary President. John will also serve as Chairman of the Club's charitable entity, The Pars Trust.

Jim Leishman has been appointed as an Honorary Director of the Club and will continue to apply his vast footballing experience to the benefit of the Club. Jim's main focus will be fund-raising, growing DAFC's main corporate events through all Jim's contacts, and acting as a key liaison point for DAFC supporters groups.

Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin will step down from the Board of DAFC on the 1st December 2012 enabling them to focus 100% of their effort on building a successful East End Events Ltd.

Commenting on the changes, Gavin Masterton said: "All new Board members are highly successful professionals who are willingly giving their time and energy to take the DAFC overall team forward in the future on a sound and secure basis.

"We would like to pay tribute to John Yorkston under whose stewardship over the last 13 years has taken the Club to Hampden on many occasions for Semi-final and Cup Final events. We are delighted he will continue to play such an important role in DAFC going forward."

Bob Purvis added: "Purvis Group believe that DAFC has a bright future and we are looking forward to being a part of the Club as it strives to return to the SPL. We are confident that we can add a new dimension to the business and look forward to joining the current directors in making all the facets of the Club successful."

Hindsight's a wonderful thing blah blah blah etc. but was fighting for 3rd in the SPL, getting to Cup Finals and watching some great players worth the mess we're in now ? In my opinion no, no it wasn't.

I've worked it out John Yorkston is a genius! The Pars go bust as well and then re-establish themselves along with Rangers and Hearts as a 'phoenix' club in the 3rd division. It's a back-door attempt to create SPL2. Relegation is the new promotion!

It's affa suspicious how Rangers, Heart of Midlothian and Dunfermline Athletic could go down that route and rebrand themselves as The Rangers FC, Hearts FC and Dunfermline FC. Dundee, Livingston and Motherwell on the other hand couldn't really do that and keep a useful or relevant name, hence they were forced to survive the hard way. How's that for a conspiracy theory? unsure.gif

There is no logical reason behind it, it's more than a hobby and effects me very emotionally at times.

I refer to it as 'emotional gambling'. My other half will never understand it, but the most euphoric moments I've ever had have been football related (don't tell the missus this, it doesn't go down well). However, it wouldn't be close to that if there weren't the lows to go with it. This will be pretty low though. sad.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Meanwhile, in a far away reality known as the DAFC boardroom:

DAFC – Restructuring of the Board of Directors

DAFC is delighted to announce that Bob Purvis, Chairman of the Purvis Group, Jim Thomson, Managing Director of Purvis Group, Bob Garmory Chairman of Carnegie College will be joining the board.

The new board will focus on the restructuring of the Club's activities into two distinct groups.

1. Football operations – managed by Black and White Limited

2. All non-football operations – managed by East End Events Ltd

Both companies are 100% subsidiaries of DAFC Ltd and overseen by the main DAFC board which has complete budgetary control.

Black and White, chaired by Craig McWhirter, will concentrate on developing a strong youth led football strategy. Black and White will focus initially on the U17's with phase 2 bringing the Community under their wing and ultimately all youth and senior football operations will fall under their remit.

Meanwhile, East End Events Ltd, headed by Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin, will be responsible for delivering a meaningful and increasing profitable contribution to the Club, mainly through its events activities.

Further changes to the DAFC board include Rodney Shearer who has been appointed Deputy Chairman of DAFC and will assume the role of Chairman from 1st June 2013 replacing John Yorkston who will take up the role of Honorary President. John will also serve as Chairman of the Club's charitable entity, The Pars Trust.

Jim Leishman has been appointed as an Honorary Director of the Club and will continue to apply his vast footballing experience to the benefit of the Club. Jim's main focus will be fund-raising, growing DAFC's main corporate events through all Jim's contacts, and acting as a key liaison point for DAFC supporters groups.

Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin will step down from the Board of DAFC on the 1st December 2012 enabling them to focus 100% of their effort on building a successful East End Events Ltd.

Commenting on the changes, Gavin Masterton said: "All new Board members are highly successful professionals who are willingly giving their time and energy to take the DAFC overall team forward in the future on a sound and secure basis.

"We would like to pay tribute to John Yorkston under whose stewardship over the last 13 years has taken the Club to Hampden on many occasions for Semi-final and Cup Final events. We are delighted he will continue to play such an important role in DAFC going forward."

Bob Purvis added: "Purvis Group believe that DAFC has a bright future and we are looking forward to being a part of the Club as it strives to return to the SPL. We are confident that we can add a new dimension to the business and look forward to joining the current directors in making all the facets of the Club successful."

Felt I had to quote this. Are they for real ??? blink.gif

Topic Originator: zuton

Date: Fri 09 Nov 15:15

What this means is the future of the Pars is secure !

Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

That statement strikes me as being nothing more than a bunch of lip service.

It makes no reference to the two bills that we're due HMRC by November 21st, nor does it mention how it's going to be paid, nor does it give any indication into the true financial standing of the club.

Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

That statement strikes me as being nothing more than a bunch of lip service.

It makes no reference to the two bills that we're due HMRC by November 21st, nor does it mention how it's going to be paid, nor does it give any indication into the true financial standing of the club.

That's exactly what it is. Not surprised that it's being eaten up though.

I was just pleased to read we're still going to be in existence for Yorkie to resign at the end of 2013 season.

Or are we ?

Like Parscelona has just mentioned what about the HMRC bill ? Are we going to pay it ? Can we afford to pay it ?

From what I have just heard, I think John Yorkston has bigger problems than the Pars.

I sympathise with his health problems but he has made a mess of running the club in the past 13 years and shouldn't be excused from that.