Walking Down The Halbeath Road

people are aware that the pars trust and the pars supporters trust are 2 completely separate entities with no connection to each other right ?

Why do you need 2 trusts?

By f**k you like to over complicate things down Halbeath Road don't you.....

Why do you need 2 trusts?

By f**k you like to over complicate things down Halbeath Road don't you.....

The Pars Trust is the registered charity of the club, the Supporters Trust is... well exactly that. The two are not linked

Which one would you trust with your cash? & I assume its the club one that's in debt (if indeed that previous post was correct)

I'm not convinced by either of them tbh I need more information on the supporters trust and yes it's the club one that's in debt(if that post's true, and it probably is). I wouldn't trust the club with any money at all, not even chocolate coins.

In the interests of fairness, I was going to compare and contrast with the Rovers for the same year, but there's different information available. For example, there's no details on wages, salaries or number of employees for the Rovers, but there is a list of shareholders, which there isn't for any of the Pars-related companies.

I was referring to the Pars Trust being in debt to the tune of £59k.

On your other point about directors' remuneration, what you are saying is that Karen Masterton and Tracey Martin pitched in with their £50k and that they are not being paid, My bet is that no they didn't and yes they are.

Ah that's the confusing part I thought you meant the supporter's Trust not the club's Trust, so they have four "companies" operating within the club, this is the part I don't understand why have all these different companies? Where the feck is AND180Y now with his business knowledge eh? Anyway what do you mean by Trusts around the country being in negative territory? Do you mean supporter's trusts?

I'm not saying anything about Karen or Tracey's finances at all, I was just letting you know that not all directors of companies take a wage & some pay for the privilege of a seat on the board in order to have a say in the way the business is run. I haven't a clue who they are or what they do as directors & that doesn't interest me. Why have you got a bee in your bonnet about those two specifically out of all the directors at DAFC? Got some gossip?

The Pars Trust is the registered charity of the club, the Supporters Trust is... well exactly that. The two are not linked

Does the charity have a directors board too? There must be one hell of a lot of suits on a matchday, I wonder if they get complimentary tickets for the game? That would cost a few bob.

I'm not convinced by either of them tbh I need more information on the supporters trust and yes it's the club one that's in debt (if that post's true, and it probably is). I wouldn't trust the club with any money at all, not even chocolate coins.

How could you doubt the trust after all my rabbiting on about them? All supporters trusts follow the same guidelines & are run by fans who volunteer their time & effort (& the vast majority of their spare time for most of us) there is no hierarchy, all members are equal including the board members (who do not get any special privileges, far from it) who are nominated to represent the members and voice their concerns to the BoD if required, help the club strengthen its links in the community, fundraising etc. I've heard the excuse being thrown about before that "The board members are in it for themselves, yes-men to the board, unapproachable etc" if you feel like that then you can join the board I have heard of people claiming that there are cliques on some boards that is wrong and a good board should have a mix of people from different backgrounds etc in order to represent the members.

Get off your ass & join your trust, then you can go on the board & make a difference for the members, allow them to finally realise that their voices & concerns will be heard by the club.

How could you doubt the trust after all my rabbiting on about them? All supporters trusts follow the same guidelines & are run by fans who volunteer their time & effort (& the vast majority of their spare time for most of us) there is no hierarchy, all members are equal including the board members (who do not get any special privileges, far from it) who are nominated to represent the members and voice their concerns to the BoD if required, help the club strengthen its links in the community, fundraising etc. I've heard the excuse being thrown about before that "The board members are in it for themselves, yes-men to the board, unapproachable etc" if you feel like that then you can join the board I have heard of people claiming that there are cliques on some boards that is wrong and a good board should have a mix of people from different backgrounds etc in order to represent the members.

Get off your ass & join your trust, then you can go on the board & make a difference for the members, allow them to finally realise that their voices & concerns will be heard by the club.

I've nothing against trusts per se and admire the work they do. I'm just not convinced by our one.

Not quoting that monster from PLL but I have more or less the same questions re Dunfermlines complex management structure,

& agree 100% re trust membership,

I need to renew my own as I think it's lapsed but as far as I'm aware any money raised and donated to the club has to be spent where the trust says, ie youth development programme or training gear for u16's for example, so the cash isn't just disappearing into the black hole of debt,

Ok the cynical amongst us may say "if we donate £5k to youth development that's £5k less the board will give them" but at least you know the money you helped raise is going to be spent in the areas of the club you as trust members wish & vote for.

I'll say one thing... if you'd like to waste several hours and be utterly fucking confused then try to understand the ownership structures of Raith Rovers and its various companies.

If you think that having a separate company to run your youth set-up and commercial income is complicated, try to organise the following:

Raith Rovers Football Club Limited

Stark's Park Ltd

Raith Rovers FC Holdings Limited

Stark's Park Properties Ltd

New Raith Rovers Limited

NRR Investments Limited

From the PST meeting on Thursday I can confirm two things. 1) Monthly wage bill is £131k 2) Gavin's daughters are paid out his own pocket and not by the club.

Bloody hell, that's some wage bill. I worked at the rovers a while back and the wage bill was 25k pm. Ok, allowing for inflation and the cost of living rising, it'd be more these days but 131k? Jeezy peeps!