Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can't my head around the utter morons who are planning of paying to get into the Dumbarton game despite having a season ticket or those doing similar things? As well as being fucking idiots, do they have no dignity either, or are they happy to continually have buckets of shit poured over their heads? These fools seem to not only accept it, but seem to lap the shit up and ask for more.

If somehow the restructuring helped us, these people would go back to thinking all was well with the club and wouldn't be decrying the utter inadequacies of the club and the continual shite treatment of the fans.

Or simply it's their way of trying to help the club short-term in terms of additional revenue? I really don't see what the issue is if people want to do it.

I am fully behind the fundraising initiatives that fans have come up with, and also the work currently being done by the Pars Supporters Trust. To label people as "fools" for simply having their heart in the right place is a bit OTT.

I can't my head around the utter morons who are planning of paying to get into the Dumbarton game despite having a season ticket or those doing similar things?

Because the club has no money, and by doing this they're helping raise funds for the club, it's not particularly hard to get your head around the fans raising money for the team they supportrolleyes.gif

Let's discuss the root cause.

Didn't the Pars board project an average support based on their bumper derby with Raith?

Well, they based last season's budget on 6,000 each week, no discussion is even needed there.

This season apparently was for 4,000 when we struggled for that last season and the average for our last season in the 1st division was 3600 odd which included a sell out against the wee team and a title party against the scum.

I can't my head around the utter morons who are planning of paying to get into the Dumbarton game despite having a season ticket or those doing similar things? As well as being fucking idiots, do they have no dignity either, or are they happy to continually have buckets of shit poured over their heads? These fools seem to not only accept it, but seem to lap the shit up and ask for more.

If somehow the restructuring helped us, these people would go back to thinking all was well with the club and wouldn't be decrying the utter inadequacies of the club and the continual shite treatment of the fans.

Interesting viewpoint.

Are the Hearts fans, who have shelled out for tickets & raised over £300,000 in 48 hours, fucking morons, idiots & fools as well?

The club is on its knees & may cease to exist shortly. If this happens, will you be smug & content in the knowledge your money is safe in your pocket?

Whilst its not ideal money going to the current BOD, surely turning up & paying at the gate is THE single best way of helping the club?

Or am I missing something?

Edited by da_no_1

I kind of get the arguments on both sides. I understand that people want to save their club but it does strike as closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Kinda the point I made a few weeks ago when statements started surfacing about the debt situation. If your board had been more up front about the situation earlier then it would of given the fans more time to try and raise some cash for the club. As it is the begging bowl comes out in November after repeated statements saying the club is fine and the think this is an adequete time to do it?

As has been mentioned on this and other threads no one wants the Pars out of business. From our point of view its our biggest derby and guarenteed high gate for the season. In saying that trying to get sympathy from fans who support clubs who have had to struggle with medicore players and seasons in the seaside leagues because the have lived within the means while Dunfermline constantly spanked away money on large squads and wages. Erm naw

You have my sympathy in that being a fan in this situation is terrible not knowing what will happen to your club. Tho I do think it is a harsh wake up call for all those buying into Yorkston's apathetic "we have always been in debt so what" mentality and thinking this would just go away. The board are to blame for the situation tho it should never been allowed to go on 5 years never mind 12

Just catching up with all this. Only 1 home game until the 15th of December? It's fucking hillarious.

I thought Masterton was writing the debt off at a million a year? No?

Why have you not all demanding cut back for years when it has been patently obvious you were in the grubber about a decade ago? If you taken your medicine you'd probably back where you are now already.

But no, no, no. All that moral high grounding, puting the boot in to 'Scumdee', whilst demanding a budget fit for promotion.

Well as the song goes 'you're all outta luck', there is no hope whatsoever. Best of luck paying twice to get in, if you can 1/4 of a million people to do that you'll be fine. I don't want you to cease to exist altogether, the east of Scotland junior league will do fine.

Oh how I'm going to enjoy this total implosion. 25 point deduction, relegation to division 3.

Imagine not paying your taxes?

Well, they based last season's budget on 6,000 each week, no discussion is even needed there.

This season apparently was for 4,000 when we struggled for that last season and the average for our last season in the 1st division was 3600 odd which included a sell out against the wee team and a title party against the scum.

Given the circumstances, I would have thought you would show some civility

towards clubs who's posters are showing support for your teams plight.

Edited by Zen Archer

This will come across as a post from a bitter "wee teamer" but I have no sympathy for the Pars at all. Last time in the first, the major difference at the end of the season was Dunfermlines ability to strengthen the squad in the January window.

Like Rangers and Hearts, DA have lorded it over their local rivals for years faking supremacy with money they don't have.

Like I said, no sympathy. Take your medicine and GIRUY in the process!

This will come across as a post from a bitter "wee teamer" but I have no sympathy for the Pars at all. Last time in the first, the major difference at the end of the season was Dunfermlines ability to strengthen the squad in the January window.

Like Rangers and Hearts, DA have lorded it over their local rivals for years faking supremacy with money they don't have.

Like I said, no sympathy. Take your medicine and GIRUY in the process!

Coming from the team who has had to cut back drastically after overspending in the very same season?

Jog on ya mess

This season apparently was for 4,000 when we struggled for that last season and the average for our last season in the 1st division was 3600 odd which included a sell out against fife's 2nd team but an absolute country mile away from the pars and a title party against 3 stand fc.

Edited for the benefit of Zen Archer

Coming from the team who has had to cut back drastically after overspending in the very same season?

Jog on ya mess

That was due to a combo of over estimating crowd sizes and gambling by bringing in a player during the window (not even the right kind of player tbh) to try and push on. We have been cutting back our squad size and wages for years, up until a few years ago we were still handing out 1 year deals to players hence losing players like Sutton, Agathe and Novo for no money (apart from Sutton). The situation is not one purely based on that one season and the only player recently we pushed the boat out for salary on was Marv which was not paid by the club directly. Heck even the season we had Goodwillie on loan the monies we raised from a race night pretty much went directly to his wages, def not the same situation

Edit to add the loss of the derby games also contributed to the drop in income for the following season

Edited by P.C

This has to be seen as very positive news for Dunfermline. Masterton has obviously convinced Bob Purvis to shove some cash into plug the hole in the short terms for a couple of seats on the BoD. My guess is that Purvis will have committed enough loan funds to Dunfermline to cover the tax bills and wages shortfall for the next few months at least. He might even have written off some of the debt due to Purvis companies for work done at EEP, etc. Expect forthcoming announcements on new and extending sponsorship deals with Purvis companies.

After all these years keeping a sensibile distance (but still supporting the club financially from the outside), I'm surprised Bob Purvis has finally been tempted to flush more of that hard-earned cash of his down an EEP toilet, never to be seen again.

Jog on ya mess

The biggest problem we had that season, budget wise, was down to the fact nobody thought we'd get close to winning anything. The players win bonuses for individual games were significant and we won twice as many games as we thought we would, without actually winning anything at the end of the season to pay for them.

The board were pretty open about that. Our overspend that season wasn't down to a title-chase, it was the exact opposite!

Jog on ya mess

laugh.gif Our overspending came in the shape of win bonuses which had not been previously anticipated by the club with a couple of extra players. We cut back due to an unexpected payment plan change from HMRC and the loss of the derbies in our budget. While we're not perfect we have been,for the better part of the last decade, been trying to change our ways.

Even a few years ago if someone mentioned the £30m debt the vast majority of the fans would say "It goes to Masterton, it'll be fine" as though the man was some financial powerhouse.

Let's discuss the root cause.

Didn't the Pars board project an average support based on their bumper derby with Raith?

Well over the first 3 games (Partick-Raith-Livingston) they averaged 4,044... but once the 2 games at the end of October (Morton-Cowden) are added - worth noting that for all they've only 1 home game this month, they had 2 in a week end of last month - they averaged 3,799. Tbh, that's actually pretty good given they averaged around 3,600 winning SFL1 a couple of years ago.

Going by the data from the fans meeting it sounds a sorry state of affairs.