Evil Neighbours Thread

24 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The kid in the flat below me I’ve mentioned before is really ramping up his mental behaviour. I’m waiting on Supernanny showing up with a TV crew any day now tbh.

The screaming has gotten worse, and can now hear him I assume throwing things against the wall and ceiling in anger, and I think the mum and dad are having to physically restrain him when he does it as it instantly leads to the screaming intensifying.

Really need to get myself a detached house tbh.

No fun for you. Even less fun for the family below. 

That post gives me great fear.

We live underneath the one council property in our block and the old dead died on Tuesday.

We’re half expecting the council to dump an idiot in there and if they do I’ll be out before encountering a potential nightmare neighbour.

On 05/03/2021 at 16:10, Honest_Man#1 said:

The kid in the flat below me I’ve mentioned before is really ramping up his mental behaviour. I’m waiting on Supernanny showing up with a TV crew any day now tbh.

The screaming has gotten worse, and can now hear him I assume throwing things against the wall and ceiling in anger, and I think the mum and dad are having to physically restrain him when he does it as it instantly leads to the screaming intensifying.

Really need to get myself a detached house tbh.

Autism meltdown?

18 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Autism meltdown?

I’m always reluctant to make comment on something like that without any real basis, as the kid might be just an unruly dick, but yes that’s a definite possibility given the style and regularity of the screaming episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Pato said:

Red Hand of Ulster emerges from a front garden in my otherwise sleepy street, from the last house that was sold. Inevitably that descended into a fight when they started singing their greatest hits after achieving the incredible feat of drawing with Celtic. These guys will be fun once all the restrictions are relaxed if they're doing this now.

What is it with these p***ks? I don't recall feeling the need to vandalise my neighbourhood when my team won a league title. 

Live in a quiet estate but 2 weeks ago we had fireworks being blasted from one house for several hours. Yesterday was the same fireworks during the game then about 10pm another barrage. Got to be expected when such a new team wins their first title and then manages to get a draw with their greatest rivals.

There is a hedge that separated my back garden from my neighbour's. It has grown a wee bit wild over the winter. On Saturday I saw my neighbour in my garden trimming it with hedge clippers. Don't get me wrong, I would have done it myself probably this week. And he has done a good job. But a heads up was surely called for.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

There is a hedge that separated my back garden from my neighbour's. It has grown a wee bit wild over the winter. On Saturday I saw my neighbour in my garden trimming it with hedge clippers. Don't get me wrong, I would have done it myself probably this week. And he has done a good job. But a heads up was surely called for.

Not unless he was in your garden doing the side facing you he might have said bits might fall into your garden but probably thought "no one wants a wild hedge" (not euph)

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not unless he was in your garden doing the side facing you he might have said bits might fall into your garden but probably thought "no one wants a wild hedge" (not euph)

That's the thing - he did the whole thing. My side as well. Left the cuttings on my grass.

Just now, scottsdad said:

That's the thing - he did the whole thing. My side as well. Left the cuttings on my grass.

Aye that's a bit odd, correct thing to do would ask if you wanted it done but still tidied up after himself.

Start a war launch the cuttings over the hedge onto his side.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

That's very weird. Do you think he was worried you'd say no when offered to cut it for free?

I really don't know. It's strange - we're not strangers. We get on well. 

Thinking back, it might be related to the snow. I live at the end of a cul de sac and when the snow hit last month, I went out first thing and cleared the snow from the street (including past his house). When I was done, he came out with a big snow shovel and said something like "I was about to do that". Maybe he feels this is evening it up?

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I really don't know. It's strange - we're not strangers. We get on well. 

Thinking back, it might be related to the snow. I live at the end of a cul de sac and when the snow hit last month, I went out first thing and cleared the snow from the street (including past his house). When I was done, he came out with a big snow shovel and said something like "I was about to do that". Maybe he feels this is evening it up?

Did you dump all the snow in his garden? 

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Ma Bam might have been talking pish (something not unknown) but she did tell me years ago that there was some law that you can cut branches overhanging your property from someone else's tree as long as you offer them back to the tree's owner. Your neighbour may have had this in mind regarding the cuttings.