Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

7 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

Nothing confirmed but the talk was that it would pretty much be Liam fronting Noel’s current band.

If that’s right, is it just me who thinks that’s weird at best? Obviously both Noel and (now) Liam, can command big audiences for their own tours, but if it’s the High Flying Birds line up with the bold Liam shoved out front.. then after the big ‘25 tour as ‘Oasis’, they go back to being Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds again? I find that weird. Obviously, I understand Liam and Noel are the main players in this story, but surely they need something at least approaching ‘Oasis’ on stage beside them. Will there be a scissors solo? 😜

Just now, pozbaird said:

If that’s right, is it just me who thinks that’s weird at best? Obviously both Noel and (now) Liam, can command big audiences for their own tours, but if it’s the High Flying Birds line up with the bold Liam shoved out front.. then after the big ‘25 tour as ‘Oasis’, they go back to being Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds again? I find that weird. Obviously, I understand Liam and Noel are the main players in this story, but surely they need something at least approaching ‘Oasis’ on stage beside them. Will there be a scissors solo? 😜

I absolutely agree. I get Gem Archer was in Oasis from the late 90's but Sharrock was only very briefly a touring member towards the end. 

For me has to include some of Bonehead, Andy Bell, Alan White, Guigsy. 

42 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Noel has been interviewed fairly recently saying he was speaking to Liam and was getting on with him. He also said that he didn't see the point in a reunion because he couldn't really see the point of it as they had done everything they wanted to (which I agree with). Looks like financial incentives have won out but I don't see anything to suggest they havent been in contact/have been arguing with each other. 

Financial incentives are always going to be there but they clearly still love performing and even though they do their solo stuff the Oasis tracks go down the best live. There’s not a British band that can perform nowadays and do nostalgia like Oasis I don’t think there’s anyone even close. It will be incredible.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s not just you, no. For me it never really felt like Oasis after McGuigan and Arthurs left, despite their replacements being more competent musicians. By the time Live 25 comes round they’ll be more like Triggers broom. 

I'm of the age where I was too young for the Stone Roses the first time round but Oasis' peak was right at the start of my teens, had the first couple of albums on cassette before upgrading to CD player.

Was desperate to see the Roses when they came back but was a bit of a damp squib, think Oasis will be better as a live act but I don't think I'm going to be able to justify the nonsense prices given I've already seen them first time round.

Might be worth waiting for European shows which will inevitably follow, and make a holiday of it somewhere.

Top 5 thread for this pish etc

Top 5 Manchester Bands

1) Hollies 

2) Buzzcocks

3) Magazine

4) The Smiths 

5) The Fall

You can argue about Joy Division/New Order, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays,10cc , even Freddie & The Dreamers or Simply Red.  But Oasis ? Nah. But they're certainly the number one self publicists. God Bless 'em.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Top 5 thread for this pish etc

Top 5 Manchester Bands

1) Hollies 

2) Buzzcocks

3) Magazine

4) The Smiths 

5) The Fall

You can argue about Joy Division/New Order, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays,10cc , even Freddie & The Dreamers or Simply Red.  But Oasis ? Nah. But they're certainly the number one self publicists. God Bless 'em.

Excuse my language, but I am outraged. The. Fcuking. Charlatans.

Go make a new list. Now. 😄😜

50 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Just had a laugh at the prices of the hotels near Murrayfield for August 8th next year. If that's an indication of the ticket prices, I'll just watch the Youtube footage instead.

Tynecastle state of the art hotel already sold out. 

52 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Just had a laugh at the prices of the hotels near Murrayfield for August 8th next year. If that's an indication of the ticket prices, I'll just watch the Youtube footage instead.

Was the same when Springsteen played Murrayfield, no doubt was mental when Travis Kelce’s burd was there too.