Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

This has been the worst case of nationwide collective insanity since Diana died.

Seriously, people have been going mad over a band that released two decent albums 30 years ago, followed by a load of dross.

Normal Island thread for this pish.

3rd album was a belter and I'll not here otherwise 

7 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

Once you’re in to the £1000s you’d be as well looking at some of the international dates and making a holiday of it. 

And for your second point, with ticketb*****d surge pricing (that the band have to agree to) the “face value” of tickets is over £300.

Yeah I mean when I got to the front of the queue I was offered two tickets at £489 each ( which I couldn’t justify ATM and  I needed 4 anyway ) so I suppose £700 isn’t that much of a mark up theoretically . 

I’ve gone from being ecstatic at the reunion news to feeling pretty despondent about the band and indeed the whole live events industry.

I spent 3 hours glued to my phone yesterday morning whilst taking the wee man to his Saturday morning football. Half the usual numbers there and for the parents that were there, a good number were glued to their phones clearly trying to get tickets. I managed to get a couple eventually but it really is a shitty process that ruined a Saturday morning.  

Anyway, we’re going and I am tumescent. 

Also, I strongly agree with @Bert Raccoon Be Here Now is a tremendous album. 

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

This has been the worst case of nationwide collective insanity since Diana died.

The Euros at least matched it, truly mental amounts of money.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Have sent an email to my local MP, telling him why I have left the Labour Party due to their failure to do anything about this legalised touting & the fact they wont do anything to make reselling tickets above face value illegal. I have been banging on about this for decades. No doubt Starmer, Rayner et al will be front & centre with their VIP freebies next summer.

Well I hope that's top of the list of their priorities.

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Seriously, people have been going mad over a band that released two decent albums 30 years ago, followed by a load of dross.

Name a band with more than 2 classic albums which you would happily put on and listen to all the way through (and don't tell me the Beatles or David Bowie or The Rolling Stones, because they don't). The Masterplan as a 'B sides' collection is of higher quality than many bands' greatest hits collection. Their back catalogue is excellent and may credible critics would agree.

Edited by milhouse

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

3rd album was a belter and I'll not here otherwise 

I've always though of Oasis as the musical equivalent of the Police Academy film franchise. Started off really good, but became increasingly tedious with each release.

27 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Name a band with more than 2 classic albums which you would happily put on and listen to all the way through (and don't tell me the Beatles or David Bowie or The Rolling Stones, because they don't). The Masterplan as a 'B sides' collection is of higher quality than many bands' greatest hits collection. Their back catalogue is excellent and may credible critics would agree.

Blur 😀

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

4 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Yeah I mean when I got to the front of the queue I was offered two tickets at £489 each ( which I couldn’t justify ATM and  I needed 4 anyway ) so I suppose £700 isn’t that much of a mark up theoretically . 

I’ve gone from being ecstatic at the reunion news to feeling pretty despondent about the band and indeed the whole live events industry.

That’s how I feel right now.

Had I got tickets I would be feeling something similar to survivors guilt right now.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Bet you there's something in the T&C's that state should the gig be cancelled the refund will be at face value.

It’s also going to be an insult When a ticket you have paid £350 for is going to say £150 on it because an actual legitimate company has shamelessly fleeced you.

6 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

A setlist containing only songs from Be Here Now onwards would still be pretty good.

8 hours ago, throbber said:

Well if they approve of dynamic pricing then they’re doing it to fleece people even further so they’re actively supporting it to line their own pockets. To say they don’t give a f**k isn’t entirely accurate.

Ahhh, I remember the old days when concerts were cheap and used as advertising so people bought records, which was where the money was in those days.