The Alan Partridge Thread

Swampy

I've got a train trip from Montrose to London coming up soon, and had planned to watch the whole first series of I'm Alan Partridge on DVD. But reading this thread reminds me why I can't - I'd be howling with laughter all the way!

I've got a train trip from Montrose to London coming up soon, and had planned to watch the whole first series of I'm Alan Partridge on DVD. But reading this thread reminds me why I can't - I'd be howling with laughter all the way!

I was sitting in a cubicle in work the other day, laughing out loud at the quotes on the first couple of pages on this thread.

I've got a presentation to do for Monday to the directors. I usually crap myself beforehand so I am going to get about 10 partridge quotes in to relieve the tension.

Any suggestions?

I reckon "back of the net" and "cashback" are my starters.

I've got a presentation to do for Monday to the directors. I usually crap myself beforehand so I am going to get about 10 partridge quotes in to relieve the tension.

Any suggestions?

'In off the red' and 'mines a pint' are sure to go down well.

Any suggestions?

"A few gremlins in the system there, ghosts in the machine, perhaps a metaphor for.. um....... good evening! Erm, afternoon."

I was watching a bit of Alan Partridge the other night, I'm always infinitely tickled by this:

“That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they ‘Paved paradise to put up a parking lot’, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn’t quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song.”

Any suggestions?

It's not Partridge, but to relieve tension and build confidence I recommend doing this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFu17II-Is

And if it goes well...

Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!