Strange dreams

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was a festival of urine-themed dreams.

Dream I am peeing in a well. Wake up and dash to the bog.

Dream I am peeing on a dog (right over it's back whilst it gave me a sad look). Wake up and dash to the bog.

4 times during the night, and I hadn't been on the beer. From now on, no more drinking tea after 9pm.

I remembered six of my dreams last night.

In one of them Scotland were playing RoI in the Euro final. Into extra time at 2-2. Paul Hanlon scores in the 118th minute only to get a straight red for "excessive celebration". VAR rules the Scotland goal out, Ireland go up the other end and win it at the death. Shite.

I woke up the other morning and went downstairs to find Mrs C in a slightly excitable state.

"You've got to see this. Timpsons have trained an octopus to repair shoes. It sits up on a wee stool at the counter and can repair three shoes at once. One tentacle to hold the shoes and one to hammer a sole on it."

"That is clever", I thought. "That leaves a couple of tentacles free to pick its nose or scratch its arse."

"I've recorded it for you." She said, while fast forwarding on Sky.

Sure enough, Naga Munchetty started to introduce the piece by saying that it was an incredible phenomenon that had the country talking.

Just as I was about to experience the best moment of my life, I suddenly woke up because she (Mrs C, not Naga) was clattering about the bedroom seemingly making as much noise as possible.

I just lay there quietly seething because I never got to see this spectacle or find out if it could also cut keys.

There's a bit of me still pissed off about it days later.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I woke up the other morning and went downstairs to find Mrs C in a slightly excitable state.

"You've got to see this. Timpsons have trained an octopus to repair shoes. It sits up on a wee stool at the counter and can repair three shoes at once. One tentacle to hold the shoes and one to hammer a sole on it."

"That is clever", I thought. "That leaves a couple of tentacles free to pick its nose or scratch its arse."

"I've recorded it for you." She said, while fast forwarding on Sky.

Sure enough, Naga Munchetty started to introduce the piece by saying that it was an incredible phenomenon that had the country talking.

Just as I was about to experience the best moment of my life, I suddenly woke up because she (Mrs C, not Naga) was clattering about the bedroom seemingly making as much noise as possible.

I just lay there quietly seething because I never got to see this spectacle or find out if it could also cut keys.

There's a bit of me still pissed off about it days later.

What was Homer's dream invention : r/TheSimpsons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Debated if I should put this here or on the depression thread, but don't want to clog up the other thread so have opted for here.

I have a recurring dream, and had it last night. It isn't every night, or even every week. It's quite random when it comes and I don't know what sets it off, but it does happen every so often, sometimes more in one month that others.

In the dream I am panicked because I know I am failing at university and will have to leave. I feel really upset in the dream as I know my future is sliding away and I'll be fucked for a long time because of it, but am powerless to stop it, and I have no idea what to do with my life and feel 'trapped'. I'm failing due to pretty bad mental health issues that have meant I don't turn up for a lot of things and don't sit exams. In addition I feel deep shame for failing and feel that I've let so many people down, none more so than my dad, who feels really ashamed and disappointed of me in the dream.

Whenever I have the dream I wake up feeling pretty anxious and pretty down. Things get to me far more easily, things that I'd often just shrug off, and little things become very anxiety inducing, whereas these things wouldn't be big issues before. I feel down because the dream mirrors what happened in real life. I did fail university due to bad mental health issues. I did feel a potential future slide away from me. I did f**k up my chance of getting a degree and thus have very little prospects now. I did 5 years at Aberdeen University and only got to third year, sitting year 1 and year 2 twice because I fucked the exams (in addition to mental health problems, I had abysmal academic skills and had no idea how to study effectively and how to get the most from lecture notes). I had to sit a fucking chemistry exam 6 times and still didn't pass (just couldn't get the formulas right, both the chemical ones and the equation ones; they just would not sit right in my head and always felt jumbled no matter how much I read them over and over and over; even now trying to picture that sort of thing leaves my brain in a sort of fog). I do feel like I let loads of folk down, my dad most of all. I had to sneak out of my parent's house at 05.30 one morning to walk to the next village to get the first bus to get the first available train to Aberdeen for some re-sit exams, and had to run from the station to the university. I didn't tell them I'd failed and was repeating for a while as I was so ashamed.

This was over 10 years ago though. I left in 2012 with nothing but significant student loan debt. I don't really think about it much and have tried to put it behind me, but this fucking dream keeps popping up and won't let me let go of the past. 

Mewling over.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Debated if I should put this here or on the depression thread, but don't want to clog up the other thread so have opted for here.

I have a recurring dream, and had it last night. It isn't every night, or even every week. It's quite random when it comes and I don't know what sets it off, but it does happen every so often, sometimes more in one month that others.

In the dream I am panicked because I know I am failing at university and will have to leave. I feel really upset in the dream as I know my future is sliding away and I'll be fucked for a long time because of it, but am powerless to stop it, and I have no idea what to do with my life and feel 'trapped'. I'm failing due to pretty bad mental health issues that have meant I don't turn up for a lot of things and don't sit exams. In addition I feel deep shame for failing and feel that I've let so many people down, none more so than my dad, who feels really ashamed and disappointed of me in the dream.

Whenever I have the dream I wake up feeling pretty anxious and pretty down. Things get to me far more easily, things that I'd often just shrug off, and little things become very anxiety inducing, whereas these things wouldn't be big issues before. I feel down because the dream mirrors what happened in real life. I did fail university due to bad mental health issues. I did feel a potential future slide away from me. I did f**k up my chance of getting a degree and thus have very little prospects now. I did 5 years at Aberdeen University and only got to third year, sitting year 1 and year 2 twice because I fucked the exams (in addition to mental health problems, I had abysmal academic skills and had no idea how to study effectively and how to get the most from lecture notes). I had to sit a fucking chemistry exam 6 times and still didn't pass (just couldn't get the formulas right, both the chemical ones and the equation ones; they just would not sit right in my head and always felt jumbled no matter how much I read them over and over and over; even now trying to picture that sort of thing leaves my brain in a sort of fog). I do feel like I let loads of folk down, my dad most of all. I had to sneak out of my parent's house at 05.30 one morning to walk to the next village to get the first bus to get the first available train to Aberdeen for some re-sit exams, and had to run from the station to the university. I didn't tell them I'd failed and was repeating for a while as I was so ashamed.

This was over 10 years ago though. I left in 2012 with nothing but significant student loan debt. I don't really think about it much and have tried to put it behind me, but this fucking dream keeps popping up and won't let me let go of the past. 

Mewling over.

Interesting. I’ve been away from actually actively controlling aircraft for over three years now, but I’ll still have some variation of a dream that I’m f**king up and people are gong to die. The common factor is stress…when I moved off the active controlling for medical reasons, the dreams stopped for a few months, then started sporadically occurring in times of stress. I suspect that’s the motivating factor for yours too DA! Maybe note when you feel particularity stressed and when you have the dream?

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Interesting. I’ve been away from actually actively controlling aircraft for over three years now, but I’ll still have some variation of a dream that I’m f**king up and people are gong to die. The common factor is stress…when I moved off the active controlling for medical reasons, the dreams stopped for a few months, then started sporadically occurring in times of stress. I suspect that’s the motivating factor for yours too DA! Maybe note when you feel particularity stressed and when you have the dream?

Hmmm, hadn't really considered that before! Will try to see if there is a connection. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hmmm, hadn't really considered that before! Will try to see if there is a connection. Thanks.

Yea, taking little notes about how you feel before you turn in can result in some interesting data/links to dreams. I didn’t realize how often I was having those dreams after 25-30 years of doing the job, but it turns out you dismiss or ignore stuff like that as unrelated all too often. It certainly made me more comfortable with the dreams occurring, even if they aren’t fun to wake up after. It has also made me more cognizant of my feelings BEFORE I go to bed, and allowed me to try some minor adjustments or take actions to theoretically reduce my felt levels of stress…and it has helped a bit. Of course, they still happen, had an absolute pisser of a dream last night exactly because I was up too late and didn’t take stock before zonking out while really tense.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Mewling over.

I sometimes got the sitting in an exam dream. It was either Highers or University.

I haven't sat an exam for a quarter of a century.

The last time I had the dream I said in my dream "what the f**k? I've got a job". Then I woke up 

These days I just seem to stick to less stressful dreams like shagging Kylie.