Depression

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Further on to this, I had an email from UCAS earlier. It informed me that I had an update regarding my application.

I logged in to check it, expecting to see something like "your application has not been successful this time".

NOT SO.

I. HAVE. AN. OFFER. TO GO TO UNI!!! 

I bellowed like a madcunt, the shirt was whipped off and I ran about the house.

Excellent news! 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Further on to this, I had an email from UCAS earlier. It informed me that I had an update regarding my application.

I logged in to check it, expecting to see something like "your application has not been successful this time".

NOT SO.

Some boy, congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

I resigned today.

After ten weeks waiting I was basically shoved back on the roundabout of no one allowing me back. Occ health took that long produce a report confirming I had what was on my line and got my diagnosis date wrong by 9 years.

I loved the job but mom wage 15 hrs a week with no one letting me back has caused so much damage my mental health. 

We live in the dark ages.

41 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I resigned today.

After ten weeks waiting I was basically shoved back on the roundabout of no one allowing me back. Occ health took that long produce a report confirming I had what was on my line and got my diagnosis date wrong by 9 years.

I loved the job but mom wage 15 hrs a week with no one letting me back has caused so much damage my mental health. 

Maybe feel liberating? or maybe make you feel in control again?

Hope you are OK RH.

On 11/03/2021 at 17:58, Richey Edwards said:

NOT SO.

Delighted for you amigo. 

I resigned today.

Sorry to hear that, you’re better out of it if it’s causing you issues.

On 09/03/2021 at 17:01, senorsoupe said:

I've been doing really well lately but the other day my wife's cousin Leo was murdered (a really great guy) and it just knocked the stuffing right out of me.  I took today off work as I just could not focus on things, it's now noon and I should probably eat something or have a shower but I just can't bring myself to do it at the moment.  

Any bereavement would knock you sideways, never mind a murder, don't be too sore on yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I bit the bullet the other day and phoned the doctor. I'm now on Fluoxetine. Started taking it on Thursday. However I'm noticing a decrease in appetite - anyone else had anything similar?

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I bit the bullet the other day and phoned the doctor. I'm now on Fluoxetine. Started taking it on Thursday. However I'm noticing a decrease in appetite - anyone else had anything similar?

That's probably just your body adjusting to them. It can take up to 2 weeks for your body to right itself once you start Fluoxetine.

Don't worry about it. Also well done on getting to this stage. Not easy to do but they'll be worth it.

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's probably just your body adjusting to them. It can take up to 2 weeks for your body to right itself once you start Fluoxetine.

Don't worry about it. Also well done on getting to this stage. Not easy to do but they'll be worth it.

Cheers. I'm not complaining too much as I've got a fair bit of weight to lose so any helping hand is welcome!

I've never been on Fluoxetine before, I had Escitalopram a few years ago when my Dad died but haven't been on anything for a couple of years. Last year has just taken its toll. Hopefully improvement is in sight!

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Cheers. I'm not complaining too much as I've got a fair bit of weight to lose so any helping hand is welcome!

I've never been on Fluoxetine before, I had Escitalopram a few years ago when my Dad died but haven't been on anything for a couple of years. Last year has just taken its toll. Hopefully improvement is in sight!

I took Fluoxetine for a year and a bit (can't mind how long it was!) and it took a couple of weeks to kick in.

Definitely helped me and hope they're good for you.

Wouldn't recommend quitting them cold turkey though. The brain zaps were mental! Wean yourself off them when you need to.

Supposed to be “. 50 minutes to an hour” turned into nearly 2 hours.
On the basis of today I’ve been prescribed mirtazapine, sent for blood work so they can put me on naltrexone or give the vivitrol shot and a possible completely new diagnosis of bi-polar instead of clinical depression and anxiety disorder. Still got the PTSD diagnosis.

Could possibly mean I’ve been misdiagnosed for years (possibly down to the alcohol/me not being completely honest about myself)

Time will tell

Supposed to be “. 50 minutes to an hour” turned into nearly 2 hours.
On the basis of today I’ve been prescribed mirtazapine, sent for blood work so they can put me on naltrexone or give the vivitrol shot and a possible completely new diagnosis of bi-polar instead of clinical depression and anxiety disorder. Still got the PTSD diagnosis.

Could possibly mean I’ve been misdiagnosed for years (possibly down to the alcohol/me not being completely honest about myself)

Time will tell

Hopefully the fresh diagnosis and new medication help mate and we start moving forward [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know if this is the right thread to post this but if it’s the wrong thread. I apologise for any offence caused. 

I’m meeting some of mates for the first time in 2 weeks time for a few pints since before the first lockdown last year and i have turned down numerous invites since the first lockdown to meet them due to my anxiety and my mental health taking over my life last year. I’m now ready to go to a pub and meet people after the last 16 months i’ve had but I feel nervous at meeting them as i feel like they think I’ve abandoned them for whatever reason or they don’t understand what i was going through at that time. I’m worried i’ll get a negative reaction from i meet them and it’s made me upset constantly recently worrying what the reaction will be when i meet them. I feel like i’ve lost a lot of mates due to how badly i struggled last year and i feel like i’ll lose even more due to suffering with mental health and anxiety throughout the past year. 

i’m just constantly overthinking this event coming up and it’s making me worry a lot about it a lot. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Don’t know if this is the right thread to post this but if it’s the wrong thread. I apologise for any offence caused. 

I’m meeting some of mates for the first time in 2 weeks time for a few pints since before the first lockdown last year and i have turned down numerous invites since the first lockdown to meet them due to my anxiety and my mental health taking over my life last year. I’m now ready to go to a pub and meet people after the last 16 months i’ve had but I feel nervous at meeting them as i feel like they think I’ve abandoned them for whatever reason or they don’t understand what i was going through at that time. I’m worried i’ll get a negative reaction from i meet them and it’s made me upset constantly recently worrying what the reaction will be when i meet them. I feel like i’ve lost a lot of mates due to how badly i struggled last year and i feel like i’ll lose even more due to suffering with mental health and anxiety throughout the past year. 

i’m just constantly overthinking this event coming up and it’s making me worry a lot about it a lot. 

1.  They are your mates,  they want you around and are making an effort to spend time with you.  That doesn’t sound like people who feel abandoned. Similarly you making the effort shows you haven’t been abandoning them.

2.  Just about everyone has had a shite time of it, I think the understanding of mental health struggles will be at an all time high.

3. Enjoy your pints