Depression

I have been trying to remain positive for my wifes sake as she has been furloughed since March and has been told the earliest she will be back at work is July. Work has been okay, still doing the carepacks for the vulnerable but other than that it's not busy at all. I think today was the first day in a couple weeks where I felt proper down, maybe just need a proper goodnight sleep, hope everyone else is okay.

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thanks lads. The advice and support means a lot. Appreciated 👍

You might not fancy it, but it’s live free football. The K league is being streamed live on youtube and twitter. 

24 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Around this time 11 years ago Mrs. RN #2 committed suicide.
I’m doing ok so far, maybe time is healing finally

ffs RN, heavy heavy scene.

My heart goes out to you.

Never really understood the time concept, the hurt for me got buried rather than going away. Some days i think feck it that was 20 years ago and then you remember it wasn't 20 years ago but 30 years. And of course the loved one doesn't grow old. They remain the same age in our minds forever.

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Around this time 11 years ago Mrs. RN #2 committed suicide.
I’m doing ok so far, maybe time is healing finally

Good.

(This too shall pass.)

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

As has been said, you'll get there. Look after yourself and those better days will come. They really will.

Wish I could see better days happening soon. Even silly things like no live football to go to makes me feel down. Going to sports or gigs is an escape from all my dark thoughts and I don’t even have those things now 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Work, and the whole lockdown thing is, severely affecting me just now. I'm considering getting up on Monday and heading for the woods somewhere Instead of work. Not going to end it all,  I just need to get away from it for a day or two. It's either that or I lose my job for telling my bosses what I really think of them. This is just fucking shit. 

Work, and the whole lockdown thing is, severely affecting me just now. I'm considering getting up on Monday and heading for the woods somewhere Instead of work. Not going to end it all,  I just need to get away from it for a day or two. It's either that or I lose my job for telling my bosses what I really think of them. This is just fucking shit. 

See about getting a day or two annul leave mate? Might seem daft to take holidays when you can’t do anything but it means you don’t need to feel guilty doing f**k all and just letting your head clear.

12 minutes ago, philpy said:

Why don't you take a couple of days off? I'm sure if they don't give you it at short notice you can explain the situation and they'll sort it out?

Guest JTS98
6 hours ago, philpy said:

6 hours ago, philpy said:

Not allowed to take holidays due to other people being on furlough. 

Hi mate.

Just over a year ago I was at the point of wanting to take a walk in the woods to do myself in. Had been coming and going over a few months. One of the worst parts was my work situation which was really getting me down for various reasons.

One morning I was on the bus to graft having a really bad day. Felt how it seems you feel about going to work.

I got the phone out and sent my boss a text telling him I wasn't coming in that day because I wasn't feeling well. Which was true. However, I didn't go home and hide the way you often feel you have to when off sick. I treated it like Ferris Beuler's day off and decided I was just going  to have a nice day out. Went to a cafe and had a coffee, had a wander round a bookshop, walked round a part of town I didn't know, took a five-mile walk home eventually instead of getting the bus.

It felt fantastic. The pressure of going to work was lifted by just making the call that going to work that day was going to be very bad for me and it was within my power to do something about that. As soon as I'd sent the text and the day off was sorted I felt this massive weight off. Immediately. The feeling of being strangled stopped, the tightness in my chest stopped. I'd decided to have a good day.

If you want to go for a walk in the woods and have a nice day to yourself, then do it. As DA mentioned above, if there are questions later then answer the questions later. It sounds like you need a nice day now. Give yourself a nice day. Don't take holiday, just call in sick.

I'm not sure what your work is, but it's not more important than looking after yourself. You deserve a good day, you deserve to feel good. It's only fucking work, mate, sack it off.

Edited by JTS98

If you were physically unwell, you’d be well within your rights to take a day or two off. Your mental health isn’t any different mate.

11 hours ago, philpy said:

You thought about seeing your GP see if he can sign you off for a few days ? even just to give yourself a bit of a break to recharge in this day and age and given the fact its mental health week as well should be a bit accomodating to it ?

I've went back to a skeleton staff and now being asked to do the same amount of stuff that three people normally do.
The boss keeps saying take your time and dont worry but at the same time he flings people under the bus when senior management come calling.
Added to that they've ran out of quality new parts so I'm churning through all the shite that's just been put back into production.
All of the time and what I'm doing is logged so no real worries but I received a back to work letter saying that in the future I could be furloughed to protect the business.
Daft me thinking it was for health and safety, have to say that side of things is ok. They have ppe and sanitiser.

Got an email from a recruiting agency asking if I wanted to apply for another role. Quite shocked that people are looking to employ new staff atm.

I dont mind working hard, I always put in 100% but im not daft and they're asking six staff to do the work of ten or more. Also the staff that get put into my section to help dont know it so I end up reworking half of it.

I'd still rather be there than sitting at home for another couple of months though. Getting worrying for the other staff, if management realise that ten people can do the work of twenty then they will keep it that way. Hope not.

14 hours ago, philpy said:

Sorry to hear that. As others have said phone in sick and have a few days to yourself to recharge or go out walking I feel the weather is nice. In my last job I worked with two faced bitches and it really got me down for the last few months I was there. I felt like ending things was the only way out. With help from my now ex, I was able to find a new job that I love and I felt happier at work than I’d felt for about 8 years! 

Lockdown certainly isn’t helping anyone and especially those of us who struggle with mental health at the best of times. I miss my work so much and tbh I don’t think I’ll be back working again this year (I’m in the events industry). I also struggle with regrets and heartache about my last relationship ending. I lost my Dad in Feb. Just seems like one thing after another and there’s been so many times in the last few months I’ve wanted to fall asleep and never wake up. Please know you’re not alone in how you feel. There’s good guys on this thread who always listen and offer support. Know you’re not alone and we’re here to listen to you 

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I've went back to a skeleton staff and now being asked to do the same amount of stuff that three people normally do.
The boss keeps saying take your time and dont worry but at the same time he flings people under the bus when senior management come calling.
Added to that they've ran out of quality new parts so I'm churning through all the shite that's just been put back into production.
All of the time and what I'm doing is logged so no real worries but I received a back to work letter saying that in the future I could be furloughed to protect the business.
Daft me thinking it was for health and safety, have to say that side of things is ok. They have ppe and sanitiser.

Got an email from a recruiting agency asking if I wanted to apply for another role. Quite shocked that people are looking to employ new staff atm.

I dont mind working hard, I always put in 100% but im not daft and they're asking six staff to do the work of ten or more. Also the staff that get put into my section to help dont know it so I end up reworking half of it.

I'd still rather be there than sitting at home for another couple of months though. Getting worrying for the other staff, if management realise that ten people can do the work of twenty then they will keep it that way. Hope not.

Why are you still there? You need to get out ASAP 

Not having a go, but from what you've posted about that place it isn't doing you any good at all. You owe them absolutely nothing but they seem to have taken loads from you, including your mental wellbeing. 

It isn't worth it at all, and it won't change, and neither will your situation. You need to be the change, as hard as that may be.