Depression

29 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats the depression talking there are folk that care, just dont beat yourself up.  The cemetary thing i can understand, i'm the same lost my sister at the end of February at have my moments with grief. 

Sorry to hear about your sister. No time is ever a good time to grieve but I feel it’s been so much worse with lockdown 😞

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I went through a stage like this with exercise, damaged my ankle and was going through shit at work so it was really hard to get motivated.

Discovered a motivational video by someone called David Goggins, really hit me hard and learned about what he went through and the ways he used pain and suffering as a tool to get motivated. Have completely turned regime around and I’m disappointed I don’t do something every day.

Its just turning up and once you’re ten minutes in that’s it you get into it. You need to find something that starts the fire. I basically said f**k this and just did it, can’t really explain why.

I’ll have to watch that video and try to find something that motivates me! You’re so right though as 10 mins into my walking or cycling and I’m enjoying it, it’s just finding the motivation 

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sorry to hear about your sister. No time is ever a good time to grieve but I feel it’s been so much worse with lockdown 😞

I’ll have to watch that video and try to find something that motivates me! You’re so right though as 10 mins into my walking or cycling and I’m enjoying it, it’s just finding the motivation 

David Goggins youtube stuff is really good a lot of it comes from his own experience, his book is a great read as well

I really think it is time for me to go, my Doctors have delayed my Prescription for my anti depressants for 5 days now, they say it's because only 1 of them are working & they dont have time to send the ok to the pharmacy. Whats the point if that is the attitude of people, I want it to be an accident as I want Snork Maiden to get the insurance & get on with her life, just cherish every minute peeps, sure I will get out of this but just in case.

FFS don't do anything silly.

At my last job I got very stressed out, and took everything to heart, and sometimes could see no way out. ("out" of what I'm not sure, but that's irrelevant when you're in that way of thinking).There is a quarry/pre cast concrete/in situ concrete works near us, I had to pass both sites on my way to work. Many's a morning I woke up thinking "If I go round the corner on the wrong side of the road, there will be a concrete lorry coming in the other direction, and that will be that."

Three things stopped me: 1/ The thought of my wife and family wondering if it was an "accident".

2/ The thought of the poor lorry driver who would hit me.

3/ The thought of the insurance company going over the car with a fine toothcomb to find something to invalidate the roadworthiness of the car and refuse the insurance payout.

I got through, you can too.

I really think it is time for me to go, my Doctors have delayed my Prescription for my anti depressants for 5 days now, they say it's because only 1 of them are working & they dont have time to send the ok to the pharmacy. Whats the point if that is the attitude of people, I want it to be an accident as I want Snork Maiden to get the insurance & get on with her life, just cherish every minute peeps, sure I will get out of this but just in case.

Snork Maiden wouldn’t be any happier with being an accident or straight up suicide mate, deep down you know that too. The attitude of 2 people don’t define you, you just need to keep pressing them and you’ll get there. Like all our battles, persist, stick with it and you’ll come through it.

Please think it through PF, no-one “wins” with suicide, everyone’s a loser.

And an update, I got through yesterday ok (anniversary of last wife’s death). Went to the cemetery, had a wee cry, talked to a couple of close friends and one of my stepdaughters. Not one thought about getting drunk.

6 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

I've no idea how bad it gets if you have to do without anti depressants for a few days is, but I'd have thought self medication could be the answer, be it manic exercise or alcohol. This is probably terrible advice. 

I've no idea how bad it gets if you have to do without anti depressants for a few days is, but I'd have thought self medication could be the answer, be it manic exercise or alcohol. This is probably terrible advice. 

In moderation it’s probably okay. Exercise I’d definitely suggest first but sometimes we all need a blow out - it helps forget the the issues today but then they’re back tomorrow with a hangover so definitely not a long term solution

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

In moderation it’s probably okay. Exercise I’d definitely suggest first but sometimes we all need a blow out - it helps forget the the issues today but then they’re back tomorrow with a hangover so definitely not a long term solution

Just thinking a few days. No idea about how anti depression drugs work, but afaik they take a good while to kick in, so the reverse could be the case. I really shouldn't be posting about it with zero knowledge, but there seems to be some urgency.

Just thinking a few days. No idea about how anti depression drugs work, but afaik they take a good while to kick in, so the reverse could be the case. I really shouldn't be posting about it with zero knowledge, but there seems to be some urgency.

I’ve no idea either really mate, just go off my personal experience - alcohol definitely elevates the darkness tonight but adds to it tomorrow, for me anyway. I had a tendency to overdo it though

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The reverse isn’t the case I’m afraid.

Sorry if I have alarmed anyone, I have taken wellyheids advice & got totally smashed, or it might have been welshbairn, I can't remember, anyhoo I am hanging on for now, I love this place sometimes but the dog is really crushing me. Will trymy best to get out the other side but I have been sneeringly told I can't get my meds until Tuesday Afternoon, even the Acute Care Unit don't seem to care anymore even though I have enjoyed stays there previously.

5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Sorry if I have alarmed anyone, I have taken wellyheids advice & got totally smashed, or it might have been welshbairn, I can't remember, anyhoo I am hanging on for now, I love this place sometimes but the dog is really crushing me. Will trymy best to get out the other side but I have been sneeringly told I can't get my meds until Tuesday Afternoon, even the Acute Care Unit don't seem to care anymore even though I have enjoyed stays there previously.

Thanks Marshy, I am struggling like f**k, it is not a good place to be but little things like that really helps.

Further to the discussion about anti depressants and booze. I take neither so maybe that’s why my mind is so fcked up! Yesterday I did a 5 mile walk then a 10 mile cycle. Today I did a 20 mile cycle I feel better after excercise but it’s just finding the motivation to get out of bed! I hate that I’m 35 and I’m on the job scrap heap as well as the other sad events that have contributed to my low mood. I feel if I had work that would be a reason to get out of bed! 

Glad to hear you didn’t do anything stupid Perkin Flump

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Further to the discussion about anti depressants and booze. I take neither so maybe that’s why my mind is so fcked up! Yesterday I did a 5 mile walk then a 10 mile cycle. Today I did a 20 mile cycle I feel better after excercise but it’s just finding the motivation to get out of bed! I hate that I’m 35 and I’m on the job scrap heap as well as the other sad events that have contributed to my low mood. I feel if I had work that would be a reason to get out of bed! 

Was close but still hanging on, going to be rough though, I'm hoping that the hangover will render me incapable of doing anything.

I feel better after excercise but it’s just finding the motivation to get out of bed!

Flip this sentence round mate, there’s your motivation. I’ve been off work since the middle of last week (not the same I know) and I just wanted to stay in bed cos tbh, what was the point in getting up for a day of f**k all but I knew if I did I’d feel better for it. Remember that and use it.
You’re not on the job scrap heap at all, this pandemic has fucked things for now but things will get back closer to how they were and being young enough but with good experience you’re going to be fine in that regard.

Was close but still hanging on, going to be rough though, I'm hoping that the hangover will render me incapable of doing anything.

Two painkillers and plenty water before you go to bed, plenty water for when you wake up as well. Let your head clear tonight though, we all need the blow out sometimes and just to forget about all the shit.

Hope you dont do anything mate. I have had days where I have just went f**k it I dont want to be here anymore but I think about how it would affect the people who care about me and stop myself, everyone is different and I know its easier said than done, here if you ever need a chat.

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I woke up on my 35th birthday and said"Halfway there, I hope the next 35 years are better than the last." They were (well, I haven't quite completed the next 35, but I'm close).