Sons' sorrow

Surely Rangers won't be on our pitch again next season. Their agreement was only 1 year in the LL was it not..........

I would think relaying the pitch would be a damn sight cheaper than a plastic pitch which, I understand, you don't get much change out of £250K

DR’s posts really are interesting if sad reading when we see how bad a state the pitch is in.
What do we think is the reason for it being so bad suddenly when DR was able to get it looking tip top, and where realistically can we go from here with the state of the pitch?
Apart from what I've already said I can't really say much more as I'm not in there seeing what's happening. I know how hard it is to keep the middle of the park good, but my penalty boxes and goalmouths were always in really good nick. Wtf has happened to them [emoji45]. There must about 10 ton of sand on them.

1 minute ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Apart from what I've already said I can't really say much more as I'm not in there seeing what's happening. I know how hard it is to keep the middle of the park good, but my penalty boxes and goalmouths were always in really good nick. Wtf has happened to them emoji45.png. There must about 10 ton of sand on them.

Thanks for the reply. It’s a sad state of affairs.  You always had the pitch in excellent nick and it’s a shame that it no longer is and that’s a poor reflection on what’s happened to it since you left unfortunately.

Surely Rangers won't be on our pitch again next season. Their agreement was only 1 year in the LL was it not..........
I would think relaying the pitch would be a damn sight cheaper than a plastic pitch which, I understand, you don't get much change out of £250K
I heard it is an option but nothing has been agreed. Prices for 3g/4g/5g pitches can range from £300,000 to about £900,000. Problem they have down there is it would need to be levelled first which isn't cheap. Plus I know for a fact that it is still subsiding and not just in the far corner.

I've just returned from having a look through the fence at The Rock and as far as I could see the going would be described as 'soft', but with no surface water visible.  The near goalmouth looked muddy but the nets are hanging in presumed preparation.  There's no doubt the pitch is heavy and will cut up, and the mention of sand is seldom good news, but I suppose for Saturday everything now depends on the weather.

I've just returned from having a look through the fence at The Rock and as far as I could see the going would be described as 'soft', but with no surface water visible.  The near goalmouth looked muddy but the nets are hanging in presumed preparation.  There's no doubt the pitch is heavy and will cut up, and the mention of sand is seldom good news, but I suppose for Saturday everything now depends on the weather.

It will be like the good old days of Boghead Slide tackles galore