Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Something like this with Murdo McLeod, Owen coyle and an ally McCoist would be decent 

So long as Murdo's answers were a bit less careful than that cringey Q&A he did for the website a couple of years back.

Ex player Chic Charnley would surely be good crack for a sportsman's dinner.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see that Cove Rangers have a sportsmans dinner with Alex Ferguson, Alex McLeish and Dick Campbell booked as speakers. I’d love to see us organise something along the lines of this. I’ve been to a few over the years (never a DFC one FWIW) and they are always very well attended. 

I can understand why some Sons fans are frustrated about the lack of social events that appeal to the average football punter. I’m all for the club making money through other avenues but it’s nice to have an event now and again that appeals to our supporters, such as the event the supporters team have organised.   If a drag night or a Queen tribute brings in money I’m all for it but it would be good to see the odd night organised that appeals to the core support.

Get Richard Campbell booked and they will come.

I'm going to this in May. It's in celebration of our centenary year. Richard Gordon is the host and I always enjoying listening to him on Sportscene.

Dick Campbell story telling is probably worth the ticket price alone!

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wilson and McKee are clearly confidence players and it’s down to Farrell to get the best out of them. Both of them (and Orsi) are signed up for next season. Wilson was a previous player of the month, McKee previously bagged double figure assists for us. Why can’t we find a way of getting these guys back to form and at least utilising them in their natural position when we have injuries? Is playing defenders all over the place really a better option? I mean started with 3 defenders in midfield yesterday!

Absolutely this.

I found it really really strange that McKee was brought in from the cold against Dundee and has since been frozen out again.

I really think we need to find a way to get McKee into the team, even if he needs to play off the left. We’re severely lacking a player that can pick the ball up and move it around. His deliveries could also come in handy for home games on that bog of a park.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see that Cove Rangers have a sportsmans dinner with Alex Ferguson, Alex McLeish and Dick Campbell booked as speakers. I’d love to see us organise something along the lines of this. I’ve been to a few over the years (never a DFC one FWIW) and they are always very well attended. 

I agree with this and have been to sportsman’s dinners at the club in the past that have been well attended. The club have two dinners planned for the 150 celebration I believe, that should tick those boxes.

The key is getting as much on at the club as possible to generate as much income as possible, and that requires a wide spectrum  Of events to cover all tastes.

Would it not be easier and more effective to allow local bands to play at a “band night” and sell tickets themselves to friends fans and family. Would bring in a crowd that usually wouldn’t venture down. Use the other suite to host local food places at the same time in street food styled pop ups like bangin pizza, eat at Loch Lomond etc and the club could charge them to hire the space they will use. Lennox would cover it..make it a monthly thing… millions in the bank. (Well maybe not the last part) I think it’s a winner 

11 minutes ago, SANDYSON said:

Would it not be easier and more effective to allow local bands to play at a “band night” and sell tickets themselves to friends fans and family. Would bring in a crowd that usually wouldn’t venture down. Use the other suite to host local food places at the same time in street food styled pop ups like bangin pizza, eat at Loch Lomond etc and the club could charge them to hire the space they will use. Lennox would cover it..make it a monthly thing… millions in the bank. (Well maybe not the last part) I think it’s a winner 

Great idea. Might struggle to beat out the stiff competition from Angie's 90s Techno Anthems and Sue and Bob Present Abba though.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

Why are we looking for a new stadium sponsor?? Where is all the ‘new money’? Where are the new kids on the block, flashing their cash? Moreroom?? Morebentowners! Morebullshit!

Christ knows but I’d be delighted with a local company giving us money and having their name on the stadium instead of the current crooks. 

The Akrams Arena.

Christ knows but I’d be delighted with a local company giving us money and having their name on the stadium instead of the current crooks. 
The Akrams Arena.

Chivas were in hospitality on Saturday then went into the boardroom at half time hopefully something can be thrashed out

6 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

You seem to have a difficulty in accepting that some people will have different tastes to you

OR, maybe, just maybe... I have a sense of humour. I know that it's all business on here, but some people still like to laugh at things they perceive as shite. Funny old world, eh?

31 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Chivas were in hospitality on Saturday then went into the boardroom at half time hopefully something can be thrashed out

Chivas are there every week. They still sponsor the boardroom. Just about everyone and their granny that works in there gets a day out to the rock. 

as for the hospitality I think it’s a pretty poor sell this weather. A £3 saving for a season ticket holder is piss poor. And not really worth it at all. 
Probs worth it if ur an away fan…even at that £60 or (57) isn’t great value. 
imo 

Chivas are there every week. They still sponsor the boardroom. Just about everyone and their granny that works in there gets a day out to the rock. 

as for the hospitality I think it’s a pretty poor sell this weather. A £3 saving for a season ticket holder is piss poor. And not really worth it at all. 
Probs worth it if ur an away fan…even at that £60 or (57) isn’t great value. 
imo 

Season ticket holders get it for fifty

It’s pretty poor though eh ? Like a free team sheet is hardly a sell…they are free in the supporters bar last time I checked lol 

I just think it’s a bit of a con. There’s a load of us that go to the last game of the season every year but I go cause it’s a good day out. Would I choose to go any other time in the season. Definitely not