Sons' sorrow

It’s pretty poor though eh ? Like a free team sheet is hardly a sell…they are free in the supporters bar last time I checked lol 

I just think it’s a bit of a con. There’s a load of us that go to the last game of the season every year but I go cause it’s a good day out. Would I choose to go any other time in the season. Definitely not 

I actually think it’s good value for money compared to other hospitality that’s probs because I don’t mind paying sixty quid but your right the season ticket discount jumping from a tenner to 3 pound bit of a slap in the face it’s not like you can say costs arising as the non ticket holder price has not went up at all

Why are we looking for a new stadium sponsor?? Where is all the ‘new money’? Where are the new kids on the block, flashing their cash? Moreroom?? Morebentowners! Morebullshit!

From what I see on linked in it looks like they are getting it out their early for next season
I have a company in the area I do plan on doing sponsor a player and get signs at the stadium

Be interesting to know what their shirt sponsor fee is

I do know few year back when I met the commercial guy at Patrick when they were still in premiership their shirt sponsorship was only 35 grand for the season

13 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Thats us being laughed at for the state of the pitch thanks to the spfl putting out a video of the alloa winner. 

I dont think the video even does it justice how bad it was.

It's sure to be on The View From The Terrace this Friday night.  Any embarrassment is the club's though.

3 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

It's sure to be on The View From The Terrace this Friday night.  Any embarrassment is the club's though.

I notice the club have offered an apology for the state of it last Saturday. Imagine that was routine practice in the latter years at Bogheed? We'd have needed a permanent apology pinned to the homepage of the os. 

The social media ribbing we’re currently getting from football fans, pundits and players/ex players isn’t a shock unfortunately, it’s just a shame the club aren’t being tagged in any of the posts so they can see just how many people are pointing and laughing at us.

Like I said in a previous post the apology is pretty pointless. They have given absolutely no guarantees that it will be sorted going forward, they just give a bit of an excuse and say they will try their best to make sure it’s better for the next game. I’d be extremely interested in hearing what the manager has to say about it.

56 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The social media ribbing we’re currently getting from football fans, pundits and players/ex players isn’t a shock unfortunately, it’s just a shame the club aren’t being tagged in any of the posts so they can see just how many people are pointing and laughing at us.

Like I said in a previous post the apology is pretty pointless. They have given absolutely no guarantees that it will be sorted going forward, they just give a bit of an excuse and say they will try their best to make sure it’s better for the next game. I’d be extremely interested in hearing what the manager has to say about it.

Not to mention there’s a supporters fundraiser game on it in may too! 

8 hours ago, George Parr said:

I notice the club have offered an apology for the state of it last Saturday. Imagine that was routine practice in the latter years at Bogheed? We'd have needed a permanent apology pinned to the homepage of the os. 

Do they Honesty think we're daft enough to buy into the bullshit about the weather causing the state of the pitch..... perhaps conceding to that fact were letting another team use it aswell and getting little to nothing in the way of up keep . 

It just adds to the poor management of the club from those sitting in ivory towers . 

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The stats from tonight's Falkirk v Peterhead draw make quite sobering reading ahead of this Saturday, never mind that Peterhead play with two wingers 😬

I agree with this. Sign of just how poor our season has been, despite the optimism pre season and a good start, when a win against Peterhead feels a tough proposition. Big game. Lose this and I don’t see how we will finish higher than 9th …. at best.
Hoping the team is really up for this game.

42 minutes ago, Robertsons said:

I agree with this. Sign of just how poor our season has been, despite the optimism pre season and a good start, when a win against Peterhead feels a tough proposition. Big game. Lose this and I don’t see how we will finish higher than 9th …. at best.

Two things will be crucial, team selection and how we approach the game.  IMO serious consideration must be given to resting Pat Boyle in favour of Sam Muir on the grounds of mobility - provided Wylde understands the need to offer defensive cover.  We also need to get the right-back position correct, and I'm going to stick my neck out here by saying that I don't think Edin Lynch was any worse there than those who have followed.  He had one very poor game at CB at Falkirk and has not featured since.

On the approach to the game, we will hopefully have a decent day weather-wise and a fair surface so given the magnitude of the fixture I really hope we have a real go and don't try to shitebag our way to a result; never mind that most of us are fed up with it, it very rarely works.  

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Two things will be crucial, team selection and how we approach the game.  IMO serious consideration must be given to resting Pat Boyle in favour of Sam Muir on the grounds of mobility - provided Wylde understands the need to offer defensive cover.  We also need to get the right-back position correct, and I'm going to stick my neck out here by saying that I don't think Edin Lynch was any worse there than those who have followed.  He had one very poor game at CB at Falkirk and has not featured since.

On the approach to the game, we will hopefully have a decent day weather-wise and a fair surface so given the magnitude of the fixture I really hope we have a real go and don't try to shitebag our way to a result; never mind that most of us are fed up with it, it very rarely works.  

I think the fact that Carlo, Stanger and Hutchinson have all been favoured at right-back in recent games tells you all you need to know about where Edin Lynch features in Stevie Farrell's plans at the moment. I'd actually be tempted to loan him out for the remainder of the year - there is a player in there, just maybe not one who is quite ready for this level week-in week-out yet. Unfortunately Muir seems to be in a similar boat, only featuring when absolutely nobody else is available. 

Stanger was forced off with cramp, so I'd imagine he should be fine for Saturday. I thought he looked steady enough. Although I'd probably have Carlo there above anyone else. He's solid and dependable, and his delivery into the box is usually better than those who have also featured there.

Assuming that everybody is fit and available (which is a big if given we seem to have some sort of curse that sees our players miss games just as they come into form..) then I'd like to see us go with something like this.

Kieran Wright

Carlo Pignatiello Stephen Bronsky Gregor Buchanan Sam Muir

Conner Duthie Stuart Carswell Paul Paton Gregg Wylde

Joshua Oyinsan Ross MacLean

Muir and Carlo as the full backs are certainly a fair bit more attacking than other options we could have. But there are a few reasons to pick them; namely that we concede far too many anyway so might as well try and outscore Peterhead (who are struggling for goals), and we have two naturally defensive minded midfielders who should be able to plug any gaps.

Given on my last six visits to Aberdeen I've seen us lose six times without scoring I'd say I'm travelling more in hope than expectation. But that run has to end one day...doesn't it?

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Don't get your hopes up, 50mph winds forecast. Still, it's better than the 60mph that were predicted when I looked yesterday! I would accept almost anyone at LB other than Pat Boyle.

I prefer to be optimistic - we’ve looked decent for the best part of a month now, lost a game at the weekend courtesy of a freak goal,on an embarrassing pitch, while having 2 key players out (both appear close to a return).

I personally believe we have enough quality in our squad to believe we can avoid 9th and tbh I fully expect Clyde to be dragged into things. Alloa and Peterhead are decent teams - no stronger than us however and it’s a lottery who will end up highest.

This is just my perception but the league certainly feels stronger than in previous years. I don’t think the teams down this end of the table were nearly as strong in past seasons and if you compare us now to last season I certainly have more belief in this team.

Honestly I strongly believe we need Carlo back at RB. Overlaps on the right have been one of our main attacking avenues this season and Hutchinson/Stanger don’t have the pace while Lynch has a good engine but his crossing and dribbling is horrendous.

Muir gives us more pace than Boyle but he’s absolutely miles away from being good enough. When I see him starting I honestly shiver because he’s so naive defensively and panic’s every time he has possession (punting it to no one). I’ve called for Wylde at LB for ages now and tbh I think most of us thought he was being signed to play there. He has some defensive question marks but going forward would give us good quality.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think the fact that Carlo, Stanger and Hutchinson have all been favoured at right-back in recent games tells you all you need to know about where Edin Lynch features in Stevie Farrell's plans at the moment. I'd actually be tempted to loan him out for the remainder of the year - there is a player in there, just maybe not one who is quite ready for this level week-in week-out yet. Unfortunately Muir seems to be in a similar boat, only featuring when absolutely nobody else is available. 

Stanger was forced off with cramp, so I'd imagine he should be fine for Saturday. I thought he looked steady enough. Although I'd probably have Carlo there above anyone else. He's solid and dependable, and his delivery into the box is usually better than those who have also featured there.

Assuming that everybody is fit and available (which is a big if given we seem to have some sort of curse that sees our players miss games just as they come into form..) then I'd like to see us go with something like this.

Kieran Wright

Carlo Pignatiello Stephen Bronsky Gregor Buchanan Sam Muir

Conner Duthie Stuart Carswell Paul Paton Gregg Wylde

Joshua Oyinsan Ross MacLean

Muir and Carlo as the full backs are certainly a fair bit more attacking than other options we could have. But there are a few reasons to pick them; namely that we concede far too many anyway so might as well try and outscore Peterhead (who are struggling for goals), and we have two naturally defensive minded midfielders who should be able to plug any gaps.

Given on my last six visits to Aberdeen I've seen us lose six times without scoring I'd say I'm travelling more in hope than expectation. But that run has to end one day...doesn't it?

Happy with your team sheet. As OKI pointed out the way we approach the game is crucial. We’ve played well in games but only for spells with a couple of exceptions. I liked the energy and effort in the Dundee game and how our midfield covered their area of the pitch. Too many times this season the midfield have been bypassed and we’ve resorted to pointless long balls. The game against Peterhead will be won or lost in the middle. From accounts of their midweek game v Falkirk they didn’t give their opponents a minutes peace in the middle of the pitch.