Sons' sorrow

I too was surprised that Lennon remained at the club and I think has played in every game since the incident.

He seems to be enjoying his football here so he’s maybe just not letting it get in the way of that.

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

If people feel so strongly about it and are Trust members maybe they should explore a vote of no confidence.

Meh, I think that would be an unnecessary distraction from the real issues going on at the club and I’d be surprised if anyone was that bothered by it. I think it would’ve been odd if folk hadn’t commented on what seems a very strange situation, with an element of double-standards, but the fans need to stand united. It doesn’t seem like the trust dealt with it perfectly (in terms of optics to the average outsider), though I can’t pretend I know what the perfect approach would’ve been. Let’s just forget it and move on, I reckon. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

Edited by FifeSons

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Maybe the people in the trust who made the decision are better informed and know more about what actually happened than all the people speculating here

Undoubtedly. That’s why I said “optics to the average outsider”. And optics are important. You’ve got someone saying they won’t donate any more money to the trust because of it. Regardless of whatever the non-public info is, it’s just not a great look, is it? But if the club/trust had laid out all the facts, there wouldn’t be speculation. And what we’ve been told, doesn’t really make sense.

Anyway, it’s much more important that we get promoted, than any of this.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Maybe the people in the trust who made the decision are better informed and know more about what actually happened than all the people speculating here

The guys has admitted guilt. I like your commitment to your mate, but all accept he’s been out of order in some shape or form 

I think the club ban is a fair assessment. When I read it I genuinely didn’t think much of it until I saw someone post about the Trust perspective. I’m amazed, that someone who has admitted guilt (of derogatory terms to a player of Dumbarton FC) can be banned from stadium but still hold a position on the trust board. 

given the zero tolerance announcement from the trust, it’s not a good look. 

9 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

It's no surprise you are getting red dots.  Some people are enjoying the witch hunt too much to even consider that they might not have the full picture.

9 hours ago, Grumpysonoftherock said:

The guys has admitted guilt. I like your commitment to your mate, but all accept he’s been out of order in some shape or form 

I don’t even know the guy. I just think that as the trust have investigated the matter fully and will be aware of all the facts they will be in a better position to reach a fair decision than people on a message board who won’t be as well informed

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

I don’t even know the guy. I just think that as the trust have investigated the matter fully and will be aware of all the facts they will be in a better position to reach a fair decision than people on a message board who won’t be as well informed

Well the club had all the facts and they banned the guy for a year but that conclusion was deemed confusing on here because a lack of info was given. Now the Trust reach a conclusion which fans feel confused about and are told to shut up as they aren't informed?

Playoffs confirmed. Hopes ready to be crushed again.

Annan are in good form, I’d want to avoid them. I know QoS are awful, but I reckon Faz would shit it against them, with them being full-time. Stirling, would be my choice, please. Neither Peterhead or Spartans in convincing form. It’s there to be won. 

Relegating Stirling would be nice given there are still to this day wee bitter bawbags among their support that comment snidey things on our page after every bad result but I have absolutely no confidence that we beat Peterhead first. 

On 10/02/2024 at 19:49, Ocelot1877 said:

It’s well documented in this thread I believe. 

They also didn’t present any plan once the letter was submitted. A lot of wait and sees, the whole thing was a shambles. 

I’d love to see Thomson and especially Taylor leave, but I’d like to know who’s going to step up first

On 21/02/2024 at 14:38, SLClyde said:

You don’t need to run and stretch our defence to win, ask Forfar. 

On 25/02/2024 at 08:07, Jack Burton said:

One of my favourite Clyde games, that season was amazing. 

Ridiculous result yesterday should do wonders for their confidence. Have to follow it up with a win against Elgin next Sat though. 

We've just broke our long over due away winless run so hopefully can put the long run without winning two league games in a row to bed too. 

On 21/03/2024 at 06:18, Right turn Clyde said:

Agreed, but as you say injuries, suspensions could kick in....also, don't forget BR have 4 or 5 key players out and if they return soon....this could still easily go down to the wire....there are no easy games in the run in and everyone in the league appears to want us gone.

To even be in this fight is a complete disgrace and no-one who loves this Club should forget the ludicrous decisons at Board level that put  us here.

Please god we stay in league 2, but the Board has to be removed if we are to challenge next season for promotion. Surviving in league 2 is just not good enough for Clyde FC.

On 21/03/2024 at 20:51, clyde_r_us said:

yea but leaving out alan seems bizarre to me