Sons' sorrow

If we don't get Kane back (I don't think we will) who would you like to see come in? We would need a pacey striker.

Let's confirm our place in the Championship first and not get ahead, I still think there is a battle to avoid that dreaded 9th place and with Cowden, Alloa and Livi all starting to come into a bit of form I just want to see us get over the finish line.

Let's confirm our place in the Championship first and not get ahead, I still think there is a battle to avoid that dreaded 9th place and with Cowden, Alloa and Livi all starting to come into a bit of form I just want to see us get over the finish line.

We all have one win in our last 5. All against Morton i think. I wouldn't be too worried about form from any of us.

Forget the football, I'm just really glad that the board are doing everything they can to put supporters minds at rest regarding the stadium issue. It was only two weeks ago that our local paper ran the story that we are supposedly moving and the board, despite ridiculous pressure from the Sonstrust to release a statement, have kept strong and silent throughout. It's this sort of communication that has built a strong bond between board and supporters and I for one can't wait to be kept in the dark in the very near future.

I see Aaron Barry signed for Derry City last month. Shame that, I'd have liked to see him back at the Rock.

Had a quick google and going by this article it seems he enjoyed playing at the rock and that Sheffield seemed to screw him over. Hope he gets on well at Derry

THE Sonstrust Board has met again recently. Here is an update statement from us:

Following local press reports about development plans with possible implications for the location of Dumbarton FC, we have had further correspondence with a number of supporters and discussed these matters at our Trust Board meeting last weekend. As we said in our previous update, issues to do with the future of the club we all love are being monitored extremely closely and Sonstrust members and supporters will of course be kept in the loop.

We are pleased to report that there are constructive discussions taking place between representatives of the trust – which proportionate to our fan base has one of the largest supporter memberships in Scottish football – and the Chairman and Board of the Club. We see the way forward as one of partnership and collaboration, getting everyone to work together to ensure that the security of the Club, the interests of supporters and the benefit of the local community remain central (along with commercial viability and credibility) to any future plans relating to the stadium and allied assets.

Our commitment as a Trust is to widening community involvement and interest in the future of DFC. We invite all members of the Trust to come along to our forthcoming AGM on Sat 26th April, 2014 where people will have a chance to ask questions and to offer views on the future. We remain extremely positive about Dumbarton FC ‘s prospects on and off the field.

Fucking hell. Can we just have the Trust running the club officially as opposed to the unofficial way its done now? Was it really too hard for the board to put out a statement like the above? The Trust are on the ball, that's comforting but the wording used in the statement is strong. There's more to come here.

Ex trialist Craig Sutherland (remember him? went to Blackpool) has just signed for Queens Park. Would like to see us make a move for him in the summer.

Decent wee player! Bit of pace and knew how to finish as well. Went and saw Blackpool playing shortly after he signed with them and remember being amazed that we had him on trial beforehand! Didn't look out of place in the championship (English). Unless things have gone tragically wrong then I reckon he could definitely do a job in our championship.

Edited by squeezebox-son

After that Cappielow debacle last night I'm really hoping that things are going on in the background re Ian Murray's contractual situation and assessing team-building for next season. Whilst Murray's teams have achieved much over the last two seasons I feel that there has to be recognition of just how difficult this divsion will be next term and also how much we rely on astute loan signings, as of course do other clubs.

Painful as it may be for certain players and their fan clubs within the DFC support, it's probably now time for some of them to move on to pastures new. Forward planning with regard to both playing pool budget and personnel should be starting right now, beginning with the spine of the team.

I'm not worried about being in the play-off spot, I don't believe Alloa and Cowden will amass enough points to catch us, but I am concerned that we stumble into next season making panic signings in the final days. Now, DFC Board, if you could kindly leave your new stadium plans for 10 minutes.....

Players I'd be happy to let go come the end of the season:

Ewings (keep Grindlay as backup but doubt he'd want to stay)

Smith

Shug Murray

McDougall

Agnew (unless he's happy to stay on as backup)

McLaughlin (again would be happy to keep as backup)

Prunty (his best is behind him, does f**k all when he's brought on these days)

Plus all your other nonsense such as Phinn, Ronald etc.