Sons' sorrow

Discussions underway with all of the squad, does that mean everyone is being offered a contract?

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1353

I'd like to think not. Interview with him on the DT and he said he hopes to hold on to most of the squad and add a couple. If you look at our team from last year, if we got ourselves a keeper, centre half and a striker added to that then we'd be in very good shape. Of course, it's likely we'll lose a couple of players (McGinn and Megginson looking most likely) so if they go we may need another couple of bodies in.

Can see Miller returning next year too.

Discussions underway with all of the squad, does that mean everyone is being offered a contract?

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1353

Is Scott Smith is offered another contract I'm starting a 'Murray Out' campaign!

That link says he'll get a chance now to speak to everyone and let the squad know who is staying. It's simply a case of them not having formally released anyone bar Phinn and Ronald yet.

I confident Smith will be away.

Agreed. Looked a genuine player when he came from Hibs last year. Shored up up problem left back position straight away and looked comfortable enough when playing in the middle too. This year he just looked a couple of stone overweight.

I wonder if Dundee will keep Peter MacDonald, he'd be a cracking signing.

Yeah, for anyone in this league. Think he'll easily have full-time offers.

Agree with Jordo, a lot of part time players will fancy playing for us next year and I've no doubt Murray will be looking at the best talent below us but at the same time waiting to see what the Premiership teams release like he did with Mitch Megginson.

Edited by The Moonster

Absolutely delighted. Going to sleep last night I'd convinced myself he was off to St. Mirren. Well done to Gilbert Lawrie and the Board of Directors.

Murray's eye for a player has been excellent so far. Excited about who he may re-sign plus the fresh talent he has identified.

The two year deal may even convince the likes of McGinn & Megginson to sign on again, knowing that we won't stand in their way should a decent offer come in.

It may also persuade Celtic & St. Johnstone to trust us with the further development of Mikey Miller and Chris Kane.

^^^^^^^^

Heartily agree...

Yeah, for anyone in this league. Think he'll easily have full-time offers.

Agree with Jordo, a lot of part time players will fancy playing for us next year and I've no doubt Murray will be looking at the best talent below us but at the same time waiting to see what the Premiership teams release like he did with Mitch Megginson.

Possibly, but there would certainly be no harm in going in for him if he's released. Who knows, he may even fancy going part-time and taking on a coaching role like Nish did.

Murray will get it right with the signings, I've no doubt about that.

With the suggestion/website glitch that showed cat A and cat B games, I'd expect a £20-£30 increase on the cost of a season ticket to reflect the 2 home games v Hearts and Rangers. No early bird is a shame as it was a decent encouragement for fans to sign up early and give the club a decent financial boost before the start of the season.

Hopefully it won't be more than that.