Sons' sorrow

Bryan Prunty is a mate of mines and he never wanted to leave Dumbarton,he tells me the club is run well and has a great team spirit running from top to bottom.

Get him to ask Murray to play him upfront rather than midfield, please.

Bryan Prunty is a mate of mines and he never wanted to leave Dumbarton,he tells me the club is run well and has a great team spirit running from top to bottom.

That speaks volumes...especially from a player who hasn't been a first pick over the past year.

P.S. I love the way Bryan Prunty celebrates with his ballboy son whenever he scores at home.

Say the club added ten quid on a year for the last six years fir a season ticket you wouldn't be moaning and it'd be seen as reasonable. For talks sake they added forty quid on this and dfc fans moan like f**k. Simmer down you're getting a great deal here. Increased fuel prices, the cost of a great management team and committed players isnt cheap. Price going up is justified

Plus I hit a chubby when I seen prunty had signed for another year. He is a class act. Who said theres no loyalty in football anymore? In the day of one year deals and journeyman players jumping from club to club it's a delight to have two cracking servants sign on again!

I like this post. Already knew this, but its nice to hear from a fan of another team. Cheers keithyg

Its also testimony to the great work Alan Jardine and all the others at DFC have done to get Sons in our current position. :thumsup2

I'm pleased to see Gills and Prunts re-sign. I'm thinking that Murray is looking to keep most of the squad together with a few additions rather than any wholesale clear out. Some changes may be forced upon him and I'd agree that McGinn and Megginson look likely in this respect but who knows?

Andy Graham is a huge player for us and I'm not just talking about physical stature. I'll be delighted to hear of him signing. Christ and Kirky are signed. I hope to hear soon that Aggie will sign to complete our midfield.

TBH I'd have expected Garry Fleming to have signed before Prunts but I hope he does stay.

The priority is a goalkeeper if rumours of Grindlay/Ewings* departures are true as well as a centre back** partner for big Andy.

*Flynn of Cowdenbeath looked pretty good last night.....

**Not sure if Marko has another season in him. Maybe Miller is the man?

We all know Nish will re-sign.....

I love big Andy Graham for his commitment and enthusiasm. He's a true captain, very vocal, organising everyone around him.

Unfortunately, he's not blessed with the greatest of pace and he's another year older. He led a defence which leaked goals last year, even with two excellent attacking full backs. Other than the games with Marko he had young, quick partners in central defence.

My point is...who is to blame for our dreadful goals conceded? Would a better goalkeeper solve many of the problems - the defence being better organised and having confidence in the guy behind them.

Assuming Paul McGinn departs is it time for a totally different back four? Should Andy move to right back?

I love big Andy Graham for his commitment and enthusiasm. He's a true captain, very vocal, organising everyone around him.

Unfortunately, he's not blessed with the greatest of pace and he's another year older. He led a defence which leaked goals last year, even with two excellent attacking full backs. Other than the games with Marko he had young, quick partners in central defence.

My point is...who is to blame for our dreadful goals conceded? Would a better goalkeeper solve many of the problems - the defence being better organised and having confidence in the guy behind them.

Assuming Paul McGinn departs is it time for a totally different back four? Should Andy move to right back?

I don't think Andy is to blame for our goals against and he looked pretty good with Marko as he did with Barry. Surely pace is more something we'd look for in a right back than a centre half?

If a full back is beaten for pace you still have two covering centre halves to make amends and get a tackle in or deal with the crossed ball.

When a centre half is out paced the striker has a clear run directly at goal.

When Andy first signed for us he was used as a right back.

Wilf - out of interest, if Andy Graham is blameless for one of the worst goals against column...where do you pin the blame?

Is it the goalkeepers?

Is it the collective back four? Are our full backs so attack minded that their defensive duties suffer?

Are we not defending as a team? Do the midfielders need to do more?

Personally I thought the likes of Gilhaney, Fleming, Turner and Megginson tracked back reasonably well last year.

Wilf - out of interest, if Andy Graham is blameless for one of the worst goals against column...where do you pin the blame?

Is it the goalkeepers?

Is it the collective back four? Are our full backs so attack minded that their defensive duties suffer?

Are we not defending as a team? Do the midfielders need to do more?

Personally I thought the likes of Gilhaney, Fleming, Turner and Megginson tracked back reasonably well last year.

Murray alluded to some of it at the Awards Dance when he said that the attacking philosophy does cost goals. Off the top of my head I can think of three goals when we were in the oppositon box only to immediately concede a goal - Cowden away, Raith home and QoS home. I could also find around 8-10 goals where the keepers were none too clever - two howlers at Cowden away and last day at Dundee for example.

There are also times when the midfield is simply passed thro, so it's a combination of lots of things.

No one is to blame, it's our style of play. Murray even said so himself at our poty bash.

Are you expecting a cb who can outpace strikers? Pace doesn't make a huge difference with guys like Graham as their positional sense and reading of the game compensates.

Long may our style of play continue. If it aint broke don't fix it (Scottish Cup QF & 5th in the Championship)