Sons' sorrow

Can't say I'm at all confident for next week's game, which will be an extremely difficult one. I think there's been some pretty worrying early warning-signs in the last few games; mainly, the complete absence of pace at the back. Don't fancy the back four up against Russell, Baird and co. By no means is there need to panic after one game, but we seriously need to buck up our ideas if we're going to take anything from next Saturday.

Oh, and let's get rid of this possession based style. The sooner, the better.

Edited by FifeSons

I actually thought our play was pretty decent in the first half yesterday. Didn't mind the tactics at all at half time.

Some of the play in the first half was ok, but our overall tempo was far too slow. We don't have the players to make that style work.

With a lack of width our full backs were horribly exposed. When Raith decided to start playing in the second half and exploit it we crumbled.

We were far too narrow and it explains the likes of Megginson looking rotten our last 2 games. Gilhaney who was our best performer against Brechin was dropped to accomodate a horribly narrow looking approach. This may be an attempt to stop leaking so many goals but I'm getting heart palps just thinking about Van Zanten being left that unprotected against the likes of Templeton.

Go back to what we're good at because our first 3 competitive games prove the new style doesn't suit us.

As I've said on the match thread, I feel shoe-horning Kirkpatrick, Megginson, Agnew and Turner into an extremely narrow midfield back 4 won't work for two reasons: one being that it doesn't suit any of the 4 midfielders to play that way and two because we don't have both full-backs giving us the width that we need. In that type of formation, Linton and DVZ have to basically play as wing backs, with CT dropping in to cover them when they go forward but we didn't want to do that. We played everything through the centre or high up to Nish and it's predictable and easy to deal with.

We have wingers, good ones at that, lets use them and get back to playing the good, attacking football that's jkept us in this league for the last two years.

I do wonder whether these new crazy tactical decisions are the influence of our new backroom staff. Too many cooks spoiling our lovely, lovely broth, perhaps.

I really want to know what Boozy writes on that clipboard, I reckon he's just standing there drawing some cats or something.

Ticket information out fir our trip to the dungeon that is Ibrox. As much as giving them near twenty quid sticks in the thought I don't think I could forgive myself for not going if we took something from them.

Hi there chaps! Just wondering how many season tickets you guys shifted and do you have to be on a database to buy tickets?

I don't believe that being on the Sex Offender's Register will preclude your purchasing a ticket. They usually don't ask, which is a relief.