Sons' sorrow

The separate ends for the fans is ok. So when we leave the ground they use the leven and we use Castle street.

Cannot understand why the cup game is not on tv.

Do you mean straight into the Leven - that would certainly get rid of them never to darken our stadium again.

Why on tv? Because we Dumbarton are the highest ranked team in the draw against Rangers simples.

The other thing that has got annoying is the issue that all old firm fans are low life's. Well for all my life I supported an old firm until three years ago when I bought a season ticket for The Sons. I am now known by all my pals as a Dumbarton fan. I will continue buy a season ticket to support the Sons as long as my health allows it. I have not hid this from anyone who sits near me and I get more a ribbing for being from Clydebank than anything else. (Thirdrockfromtheson)

Just don't tag everyone, as sure as hell you will meet an arse who supports every team in the land. Pro rata you will see more from bigger supported teams.

Only made a few sub appearances but I like him a lot based on that. Looks quick and a strong tackler, did he ever play RB with Clyde? Played there most of the time with us with DVZ getting booked/injured and has looked pretty solid.

Erm. Dont think he eva played RB

Always attacking Left wing back from memory

Great player in defence and even better in attack and provided many assists with the odd goal from a direct free kick aswell

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Erm. Dont think he eva played RB

Always attacking Left wing back from memory

Great player in defence and even better in attack and provided many assists with the odd goal from a direct free kick aswell

Bodes well for playing him in his natural position then!

It was more how you chose to express your haughty contempt. I hope you never have any of them as a customer!

This may astound and baffle you, but I use Pie and Bovril to talk cod shit about football and keep my business life entirely separate. Crazy I know.

Will the club be open on Saturday morning for fans to buy tickets for Hearts? The website says open matchday Saturdays but not clear on whether or not that applies to home games only.

Impossible for me to get in during the week given the opening hours.

Why on tv? Because we Dumbarton are the highest ranked team in the draw against Rangers simples.

The other thing that has got annoying is the issue that all old firm fans are low life's. Well for all my life I supported an old firm until three years ago when I bought a season ticket for The Sons. I am now known by all my pals as a Dumbarton fan. I will continue buy a season ticket to support the Sons as long as my health allows it. I have not hid this from anyone who sits near me and I get more a ribbing for being from Clydebank than anything else. (Thirdrockfromtheson)

Just don't tag everyone, as sure as hell you will meet an arse who supports every team in the land. Pro rata you will see more from bigger supported teams.

I think the expression I use is......"Son of a Bankie B******d", my friend. :-)

Thank goodness you see it for what it is - just a bit of banter.

On a more serious note, we have several Rangers converts and I welcome them as much as I welcome you. Your de-programming as "one of them" was complete some time ago, as was that of the former Rangers fans I speak of.

If people leave all the OF shite behind, they're welcome in my book, no matter what "side" you were.

If a few OF fans start nonsense at the games, they're not welcome and should be turfed out.

Good, going by that I assume we can pick them up before the league game. Wasn't sure if there would be some sort of change to the usual script because of these road closures, like the whole "need to pick up league match tickets before 12" thing.

I see Turner started for the u20's tonight.

Any word on how long Kane is likely to be out?

To put it in Biblical terms, Christ is working on Kane in the same way he did with Lazarus.

Kane will hopefully be restored to full health and fitness by lunchtime Saturday, so that he can come on and get us a last minute winner.

Which Christ will be working on his fitness is the mystery......Jesus Christ or Chris.t.

It's ok, I'll get my coat..................

Looks like tickets won't now be on sale this weekend for the Scottish Cup tie v Rangers as hospitality patrons will be using the supporters suite.

What other club in Scottish football would actively make it more difficult for fans to buy tickets to attend a game? Normal office hours for the club are 9:30 tp 3:30. Most fans are working during those times. Even if some fans can get away from work at lunch time, those of us who work too far away to take advantage of a lunch break are left wondering how exactly we're supposed to buy tickets? Not even a late night opening for season ticket holders to go along after work and buy their cup ticket.

Brilliant.

I was borderline on whether or not to go to this game. With all the hassle of actually getting hold of a match ticket, I think I'll put my ticket money towards something else.