Sons' sorrow

Lawrence Shankland Aberdeen 29

Eamonn Brophy Hamilton 23

Ryan Hardie Rangers 19

Lewis Allan Hibernian 13

Cammy Smith Aberdeen 13

Dom Thomas Motherwell 12

James Thomas Dunfermline

Last season development league top goal scorers! Should Jst sigh Brophy tomorrow (if he's still there) and that sorts a striker out

"The Sons are busy today, with two in already this morning (see below) and another in talks over a player-coach role. Former Falkirk fan favourite Pedro Moutinho was at Stenhousemuir last season and Stevie Aitken wants him as cover up front and to coach Dumbarton's youth side. "Pedro was on a coaching course recently with my assistant manager Stephen Farrell and that led to a discussion about coming here as a player. There is also a vacancy at the club for a manager to take the club's Under-20 side and it could well be that Pedro would see that as a good first step in his own coaching and management career."

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-6017030?_sm_au_=iVVZSnqs1H12fQ65

Any truth in the rumour that Aiken signed routledge because he is the only player he could find who is smaller than him. Never mind though Craig Britton was tiny but always gave 100 per cent and routledge looks like a pocket Dynamo. As for calm waters I once saw a film of the same name. However if the boy is anywhere as good as big Findlay he should be an excellent signing. Problem now is a to find a 20 goal striker. We got Chris turner from Irish football so is there no chance of raiding Ireland again to find a top class striker or even the Icelandic league which has some useful players.

Really hard not to be impressed with the calibre of player Dumbarton are bringing in at the moment. Dare I say it but could this squad push for a play-off place? This looks like one of the strongest part-time squads I can remember in some time.

Turner had already moved to Glasgow, we never raided Ireland and it says on wiki that routledge is 6ft lol. Maybe once the scout comes back from Iceland he could go to south America n see if anyone fancy a trip to Dumbarton

With the exception of Pedro Moutinho, whose signing as a coach I have no objection to, but who as a player I believe would not be good enough, I can't see any real weaknesses, on paper at least, with this season's squad so far. It's only early days yet, of course, but the signs so far are all very positive.

Really hard not to be impressed with the calibre of player Dumbarton are bringing in at the moment. Dare I say it but could this squad push for a play-off place? This looks like one of the strongest part-time squads I can remember in some time.

I don't think we can get carried away here. Aitken seems to have built a good squad but how good depends on how they work together. Having said that, looking at the other squads currently there is not much that scares me.

I don't think we can get carried away here. Aitken seems to have built a good squad but how good depends on how they work together. Having said that, looking at the other squads currently there is not much that scares me.

To be honest right now Dumbarton are looking better than we are, going by my limited knowledge of this Division and players. We still have some key positions to fill but Aitken has bought well.

Of our first 3 games I am most concerned about playing you guys.

The squad looks like it's taking shape and very strong, in comparison to last year's. The problems I can see are 1. As previously mentioned we are lacking a quality striker. 2. Such a high turnaround in players can result in taking a time to gel, let's hope they click from the off. 3. Our 1st 3 league games are very tricky and could potentially have us on 0 points and playing catch up from an early stage. (Not that this has bothered us in the past as the notorious slowest starters in world football) a couple people stating that we could be potential play off contenders, here's hoping however if we finish 8th......I'll be delighted!

8th still has to be the aim. No point in getting carried away with talk of promotion play offs.

The current economic climate in football certainly suits a part time side like us.

I see Linton has gone to Clyde. They must be racking up a fair number of our ex players.