Sons' sorrow

I think we should be parting with Duffy and saying thanks for the job done but it's just not been good enough.  Poor signings and lack of invention on the park. Every performance is uninspired. 

Edited by the snudge

I’m not convinced Duffy will even be gone in the summer. I’ve always got the impression the chairman is a bit in awe of him, just based on previous comments and the way we let him take as long as he wanted before signing a new deal etc. No doubt our board have the clubs best interests at heart but I’m not convinced they are ruthless enough to not offer Duffy a new deal. In terms of him walking - he had the easiest job in Scottish football. A lot of our fans bizzarely worship him and the board appear to love him. Why would he leave that?

I think the only way we will get rid of Duffy is if he walks away at the end of the season. I don't think the board are ruthless enough to give him the boot and I think they will take the easy route and offer him a new contract regardless of how the season ends. I get the feeling the board can't be bothered with the hassle of looking for a new manager.

I’d expect at the end of the season there will be a mutual parting of ways, whatever position we’re left in. What’s clear though is that the direction of travel right now is not the way anyone wants and the issue there is bigger than who’s picking the first team on a Saturday. Sooner or later we need shot of Brabco.

On 19/03/2021 at 19:52, Jan Vojáček said:

At the moment though the squad is clearly screaming out for someone to add a bit of quality in attack.  I'm praying that Duffy will add players to replace Johnstone and Reilly who - whilst ineffective for the most part - were at least options.

Turns out that you were in for Duffy's nephew Gary Oliver and were 'close' to getting him, until Gus McPherson came in and put the kibosh on it, as explained in his post-match interview with our club TV today.

Perhaps if Duffy wasn't dependant on Morton to source 90 percent of all his transfer targets then these knock-on ripple effects of the giant across the water stirring into life again could have been avoided. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Perhaps if Duffy wasn't dependant on Morton to source 90 percent of all his transfer targets then these knock-on effects of the giant across the water stirring into life again could have been avoided. 

St Mirren?

43 minutes ago, virginton said:

Turns out that you were in for Duffy's nephew Gary Oliver and were 'close' to getting him, until Gus McPherson came in and put the kibosh on it, as explained in his post-match interview with our club TV today.

Perhaps if Duffy wasn't dependant on Morton to source 90 percent of all his transfer targets then these knock-on effects of the giant across the water stirring into life again could have been avoided. 

In a way that's somewhat reassuring that Duffy was at least trying to get in a player like Oliver who would instantly be one of our best players. Frustrating it didn't come off mind you as he'd have made a big difference to our squad.

Morton being better would actually suit us. A better Morton first team means better Morton rejects for us to pick up every window. 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

In a way that's somewhat reassuring that Duffy was at least trying to get in a player like Oliver who would instantly be one of our best players. Frustrating it didn't come off mind you as he'd have made a big difference to our squad.

Oliver would certainly have been an excellent addition, even though he isn't really consistent enough for the second tier. None of our other forward options have any quality between them though, so McPherson's decision was justified and certainly paid off today. 

Morton being better would actually suit us. A better Morton first team means better Morton rejects for us to pick up every window. 

Given that the club is a total bin fire behind the scenes, I'd be divesting your strategy sharpish instead. 

Edited by vikingTON