Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Four goals no shots against . Hopefully a confidence boost. For me crossan Forbes were best 

Ross deserves a lot of credit for the work he has done to get back in shape. He must have lost at least a stone and the sprint to get up and get the fourth was just reward.   

7 minutes ago, Always the Sons said:

Ross deserves a lot of credit for the work he has done to get back in shape. He must have lost at least a stone and the sprint to get up and get the fourth was just reward.   

His delivery was superb all throughout. Jaime Wilson, Frizzell and Wedderburn were all sharp too.  Confidence builder going into the weekend

Duffy hinted that there might be additions before the weekend in his post-match. It's quite unlike him to do that unless there is something in the pipeline - so hopefully we see a new face or two - with a bit of quality - added before Saturday. 

I won't lie though. Falkirk, Airdrie, Aberdeen, Montrose, East Fife and Cove all within 14 days is giving me the fear. We'd have struggled to pick a harder run of games for such a hectic schedule. I wonder if we might see Duffy basically prioritise games (Airdrie and East Fife would be the two I'd focus on for example) and play weaker teams in the matches where we don't expect to get anything.

Duffy hinted that there might be additions before the weekend in his post-match. It's quite unlike him to do that unless there is something in the pipeline - so hopefully we see a new face or two - with a bit of quality - added before Saturday. 
I won't lie though. Falkirk, Airdrie, Aberdeen, Montrose, East Fife and Cove all within 14 days is giving me the fear. We'd have struggled to pick a harder run of games for such a hectic schedule. I wonder if we might see Duffy basically prioritise games (Airdrie and East Fife would be the two I'd focus on for example) and play weaker teams in the matches where we don't expect to get anything.

As far as I’m concerned Duffy can makes as many changes as he likes however the one he can’t make is Robert Jones - having him in ruins every single dynamic of our attacking play. The combination last night looked pretty good, I wouldn’t mind that front 3 with perhaps Duthie coming in for Crossan but again wouldn’t complain if it was the same.

Spent all day considering whether to actually buy the game yesterday and had decided I couldn’t be arsed but at 7:44 last night I had a swift change of mind. Glad I got to see some good attacking play!

On another note I must say I’m very impressed with Jaime Wilson. He should be kept up front as it’s clear his strength are 100% making intelligent runs in behind the defence with his pace and pressing defenders. For me he’s the most important player we need to keep fit to give us a chance of staying up.

Edit: the commentary was brilliant again[emoji119]

10 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

On another note I must say I’m very impressed with Jaime Wilson. He should be kept up front as it’s clear his strength are 100% making intelligent runs in behind the defence with his pace and pressing defenders. For me he’s the most important player we need to keep fit to give us a chance of staying up.

Edit: the commentary was brilliant againemoji119.png

Aye absolutely crazy to think he was in the third tier of Aussie fitba.

What a player.

And aye best commentary in the league imo.

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I think we’ve got to see Wilson starting every game and not getting hooked each time from now on.

I think the nature of Wilsons game means he inevitably needs to be subbed off sometimes, especially if we're playing 4 games a week from now on. The key is to have someone who isn't Robert Jones to come on in his place. 

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Forgetting about that run of games, it is a must win this Saturday first and foremost. Peterhead have just been emptied by Stenny and after our woeful defeat last week we cannot afford another slip up in the league against a bottom 5 team. If we go into that run of fixtures off of two defeats to Forfar and Peterhead we are in big trouble. I sincerely hope we add at least a striker before Saturday. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Yes. Can see why it's been picked. 

Aye uts really unfortunate. I reckon we could have had 5000 purchases, at least for our stream. £50k (25k when monies are split roughly after costs etc). Are we going to make more than that with the BBC? Maybe someone more in the know can tell us. I'm looking at @Skyline Drifter here

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Aye uts really unfortunate. I reckon we could have had 5000 purchases, at least for our stream. £50k (25k when monies are split roughly after costs etc). Are we going to make more than that with the BBC? Maybe someone more in the know can tell us. I'm looking at @Skyline Drifter here

10K actually turned up at Pitodrie for the last game, I reckon you'd be looking at more than that buying a stream. I reckon we're going to lose out on money here. 

2 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Aye absolutely crazy to think he was in the third tier of Aussie fitba.

What a player.

And aye best commentary in the league imo.

Only possible because we have the best tech support in the league imo. Otherwise it would just be me and Chris having a chat with nobody able to listen in.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

10K actually turned up at Pitodrie for the last game, I reckon you'd be looking at more than that buying a stream. I reckon we're going to lose out on money here. 

Just classic DFC that, isn't it? Finally have a big cup tie televised and end up losing cash out of it.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Only possible because we have the best tech support in the league imo. Otherwise it would just be me and Chris having a chat with nobody able to listen in.

Just classic DFC that, isn't it? Finally have a big cup tie televised and end up losing cash out of it.

Shame we can’t have a commentary only stream. Sync that to TV and mute the TV. Our commentary bound to be better than whoever the BBC roll out.

Mad isn't it? We're dissapointed to be shown live on TV. 

Would have been a potential money earner with Glass first game in charge. Plus would have been nice exposure for the quality of the stream and commentary team to a wider audience. 

Edited by PWL