Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

And aye best commentary in the league imo.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Only possible because we have the best tech support in the league imo. Otherwise it would just be me and Chris having a chat with nobody able to listen in.

Get a room.

Only joking, despite the football being shite, the efforts of both of you are much appreciated by all of us. The club would be worse off without your work. 

58 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Aye uts really unfortunate. I reckon we could have had 5000 purchases, at least for our stream. £50k (25k when monies are split roughly after costs etc). Are we going to make more than that with the BBC? Maybe someone more in the know can tell us. I'm looking at @Skyline Drifter here

Found  this article from 2017 which suggested a payment of £32,500 to each club.

Clicky

So still might be a nice windfall.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

5 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Question would we have made more money from ppv than bbc if Aberdeen fans signed up 

Not so sure, they're a tight bunch! My pal that's a Dons fan was refusing to pay for it and he's loaded, the cheap p***k!

Edited by FifeSons

Hard to tell how the finance will look on this one. We’d normally be delighted to be live on the tv, Saturday lunchtime over the Easter weekend but that would normally come with a sell-out crowd and all the usual hospitality benefits from a big cup game at home. Less costs you’d still be looking at a good payday.

I reckon we’ll ultimately lose out slightly on that front but it’s still a big boost to the club coffers and hopefully that releases some funds for Duffy over the coming weeks. Can only hope.

1 hour ago, Jordo1872 said:

Hard to tell how the finance will look on this one. We’d normally be delighted to be live on the tv, Saturday lunchtime over the Easter weekend but that would normally come with a sell-out crowd and all the usual hospitality benefits from a big cup game at home. Less costs you’d still be looking at a good payday.

I reckon we’ll ultimately lose out slightly on that front but it’s still a big boost to the club coffers and hopefully that releases some funds for Duffy over the coming weeks. Can only hope.

He only has until the end of the month to make signings, does he not? 

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He only has until the end of the month to make signings, does he not? 

March 31st. So by ‘couple of weeks’ I mean this week and a bit of next!!. Not long but if, and that’s a big if given recent performance, Duffy had done his homework he’ll have a few top talents lined up and hat waiting on the nod from the board.....

I couldn't watch the game last night. This isn't any indication of my confidence, just availability - I had some work to do and had the radio on in the background. Derek Ferguson's updates were, I think spot on and he highlighted something thus: "Dumbarton have struggled to score many goals and watching this it's easy to see why. Carswell and Wedderburn want to take another touch and too much time instead of just looking for the pass". He said this at 1-0.

I was reminded of a stat I heard this week that 75% of all goals from open play are scored within 10 seconds of gaining possession. 

Amazing what a decent result can do for confidence. Let's hope it carries forward to Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I couldn't watch the game last night. This isn't any indication of my confidence, just availability - I had some work to do and had the radio on in the background. Derek Ferguson's updates were, I think spot on and he highlighted something thus: "Dumbarton have struggled to score many goals and watching this it's easy to see why. Carswell and Wedderburn want to take another touch and too much time instead of just looking for the pass". He said this at 1-0.

I was reminded of a stat I heard this week that 75% of all goals from open play are scored within 10 seconds of gaining possession. 

Amazing what a decent result can do for confidence. Let's hope it carries forward to Saturday.

I wouldn't get too carried away Wilf, Huntly were definitely not Brora, and Peterhead will provide a much sterner test on Saturday.  However, your post is a good one and Derek Ferguson's observation is very interesting; if last night showed anything it is that getting the ball into the box and we can expect Wilson especially to be fully involved.

And that has been a huge problem,  For most of this season he and the other strikers have chased balls flying aimlessly over their heads - last night we actually witnessed some passing moves.  That's right, passing moves

I saw a wee bit from Duthie when he came on to suggest that we may now have someone who can actually run at defences.  And when Rico is restored let's see what Brindley can do in his natural position.  Jim Duffy really needs to consider all options. 

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

It’s the Hutton and Carswell problem again. I think they would be fine as the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 where the the onus for attacking intent is on the four players in front of them. As component parts in a midfield three, or as I eventually settled on thinking last night the central pair in an old-fashioned lop-sided 4-4-2 (left mid more attacking, right mid tucked in), neither offer enough attacking intent. Carsy has occasionally shown he can play more of a box-to-box role, but more often than not under both Aitken and Duffy we’ve played with two 6s in central midfield and that just isn’t going to cut it.

Edit: honestly I still can’t decide if we were meant to be playing a 4-3-3 or not, Crossan was definitely much deeper than Frizzell but that may or may not have been intentional.

Edited by GordyBrow

Duffy's Dumbarton are just the recycling bin that Morton click-drag unwanted players into. Although I'm not sure James Wallace even exists, no one has ever seen him.

Just now, GiGi said:

Duffy's Dumbarton are just the recycling bin that Morton click-drag unwanted players into. Although I'm not sure James Wallace even exists, no one has ever seen him.

The new Stevie Ross then. Brilliant. 

Ah well, at least the signing of Omar should make the Clyde games a bit more tasty. 

On 20/03/2021 at 23:04, virginton said:

Perhaps if Duffy wasn't dependant on Morton to source 90 percent of all his transfer targets then these knock-on ripple effects of the giant across the water stirring into life again could have been avoided. 

Yup.