Sons' sorrow

54 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Duffy can take Cameron Blues and Robbie Muirhead for his next trick then he'll get a stand named after him..

Would take them TBF.

Is Omar an attacking midfielder or more defensive? And I take it Wallace is a striker?

19 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Would take them TBF.

Is Omar an attacking midfielder or more defensive? And I take it Wallace is a striker?

Omar never got out of the 'gubbins sand-dancer' role for us. Wallace was theoretically signed a centre forward/'who could play wide as well', which was the certain guarantee from the start that he would be garbage and never actually score goals. 

That Kalvín Orsi and a bunch of other non-scoring, League Two standard forwards have got the nod this season while Wallace disappeared from the scene entirely suggests that he's beyond woeful though.

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, virginton said:

If Duffy can take Cameron Blues and Robbie Muirhead for his next trick then he'll get a stand named after him..

I’m baffled Blues is still in the professional game. I imagine his next step will bypass league 1 straight to league 2 before a career in the lowland league,

Omar might be decent for you, but he's not a right back or holding midfielder.

Wallace is a strange one. Got good reviews from people who had seen him play before he signed for us, but I genuinely forgot he was even in our squad. Couldn't tell you if he will be a success or not.

Think they will both be decent signings tbh and nowhere near Ramsbottom levels of failure.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Omar never got out of the 'gubbins sand-dancer' role for us. Wallace was theoretically signed a centre forward/'who could play wide as well', which was the certain guarantee from the start that he would be garbage and never actually score goals. 

That Kalvín Orsi and a bunch of other non-scoring, League Two standard forwards have got the nod this season while Wallace disappeared from the scene entirely suggests that he's beyond woeful though.

Sorry bud...i need a translation

50 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Just realised we have a Sat-Tue-Thur-Sat scheduled run of fixtures. 2 full time sides in amongst that aswell. That's brutal for anyone never mind part time sides.

It’s actually Sat-Tue-Thur-Sat-Tue-Thurs-Sat. Seven games in fourteen days, a game every second day. Absolutely ridiculous tbh, I just can’t see how we will be able to get through that with the squad we have.

Edited to add - to make matters worse we’re playing on Thursday night then have an early kick off against Aberdeen on Saturday. Even a full-time squad would struggle with that.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s actually Sat-Tue-Thur-Sat-Tue-Thurs-Sat. Seven games in fourteen days, a game every second day. Absolutely ridiculous tbh, I just can’t see how we will be able to get through that with the squad we have.

Edited to add - to make matters worse we’re playing on Thursday night then have an early kick off against Aberdeen on Saturday. Even a full-time squad would struggle with that.

Aye, you need to laugh at the likes of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer bleating on recently about fixture scheduling.  As you say, it's utter madness but I'm guessing that DFC along with the other clubs agreed to it.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, you need to laugh at the likes of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer bleating on recently about fixture scheduling.  As you say, it's utter madness but I'm guessing that DFC along with the other clubs agreed to it.

They didn't just agree to it, the clubs PROPOSED it rather than accepting the more logical lighter schedule afforded by an 18 game finish.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Edited to add - to make matters worse we’re playing on Thursday night then have an early kick off against Aberdeen on Saturday. Even a full-time squad would struggle with that

I did think this was the case but didn't actually look at it to double check. It is ridiculous, we will finish the Thursday night game at about 945pm then be expected to kick off against Aberdeen at 1215pm on the Saturday? Madness! I get that the game is chosen for TV and we are bound by their scheduling etc. But playing on Saturday evening or at least 3pm would be fair. 

Considering we can only sign loans until Wednesday night. If we don't bring in another 2 bodies at least, I'd be amazed if we got through these 7 games in 14 days! 

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's an utter sickener by the way. I feel sorry for the players. 

We'll need to rotate as much as we possibly can which will be tough.