Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

I enjoyed the playoffs home and away against Airdrie. I hated the away leg against Arbroath mind you.

Yep, those were the only good ones. The Airdrie games were right up there with the best times supporting Sons. Fortunately, I was sitting a uni exam at the time of the Arbroath away game, so didn't have to suffer it.

Every other playoffs has been torture.

Just now, FifeSons said:

Yep, those were the only good ones. The Airdrie games were right up there with the best times supporting Sons. Fortunately, I was sitting a uni exam at the time of the Arbroath away game, so didn't have to suffer it.

I ended up standing with my back to the 2nd half at gayfield. Like the fella at boghead in A Shot At Glory.

7 hours ago, OKsons2020 said:

Start of the season we played teams off the park with,  one touch and passing along the deck . 

I can't help but feel this is rewriting history a bit. The only team I'd say we've played off the park this season was Clyde in the cup. 

On 08/04/2023 at 23:30, FifeSons said:

Does anyone else feel a bit exhausted with playoffs? Third season in a row and 4th in the last 6. I haven't enjoyed a single one so far. Granted, this is the first one in that time where its promotion rather than relegation on the line, but we're in just as miserable a place after the last few weeks.

I have very little enthusiasm for and expectation of the play-offs.  And I fear that in terms of current team form and player availability we will be the worst-prepared for any we have played in.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Last year's playoff second leg was the angriest I think I've been watching a game. Just such a lack of effort considering we needed to go all out.

I had made my peace with being relegated some weeks before but it was more the manner of how it actually happened 

3 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Last year's playoff second leg was the angriest I think I've been watching a game. Just such a lack of effort considering we needed to go all out.

I had made my peace with being relegated some weeks before but it was more the manner of how it actually happened 

It was like we were a goal up from the first leg and playing for a draw. Infuriating.

3 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

100% I remember having words with Orsi mum as I dared to shout at her boy. She said something along the lines about fans should stick by the team through thick and thin. Then the 3rd or 4th went in and she left. 

On 08/04/2023 at 20:48, OKsons2020 said:

Hee haw to do with Sevco , take your blinkers off. We have no owners or structure to take us into the present   . We're sharing a pitch purely based on revenue which we need. We need to be looking into progressing towards 4G . Less desirable and I get that but its going to keep games playable and revenue streaming in 7 days a week  . Either that we get a facility of our own and lease it out and generate income . 

Which is a millioniles away from happening 

Blinkers? Wtf are you talking about?

9 minutes ago, Victor mcdade said:

Granted, he would know a fishy smell, being around his mothers drawers

Screenshot_20230411-204859_Twitter.jpg

I love the fact he's always going on about how incompetent the club are. Yet someone thinks that they could pull off this elaborate ploy no fewer than four times in one season without being found out.

The guy is wired to the moon. Blocking him on Facebook has improved my life immeasurably :lol:

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I love the fact he's always going on about how incompetent the club are. Yet someone thinks that they could pull off this elaborate ploy no fewer than four times in one season without being found out.

The guy is wired to the moon. Blocking him on Facebook has improved my life immeasurably :lol:

He blocked me; imagine how bad I must be!

Edited by FifeSons

17 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Rangers B do not have a home game until the 25th. Could've spent some time looking that up rather than make up some odd conspiracy theory about us controlling the weather.

milhouse-looking-glass.gif.8e02fe1c3b6b321a8715adaf3708208e.gif

A rain shower? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely above Dumbarton Football Club?

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

19 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

He blocked me; imagine how bad I must be!

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

A rain shower? At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely above Dumbarton Football Club?

I only discovered he had blocked me when BBPF posted it on here. I genuinely can't even remember posting on that group.

Guy's a moon howler whose next winch will be his first.

6 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I only discovered he had blocked me when BBPF posted it on here. I genuinely can't even remember posting on that group.

Guy's a moon howler whose next winch will be his first.

There’s a strange, wee Stirling fan on Twitter who might rival him. He’s having an absolute meltdown tonight, which has been really enjoyable to watch from the shadows.