Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Depends which time it was postponed, you mean. If it was the really late call off (attempt 2) I want to say we were 4 ahead, but with them having a game in hand.

Yeah that was the one I meant, cheers. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen Airdrie in more play-offs than I care to remember and despite going into them in every conceivable position and run of form, we’ve lost them all. I don’t buy into form for play-offs too much anymore and while Dumbarton have been disastrous recently, I hope for your sake things pick up slightly next month as all it needs is turning up in two games and not being awful in the other two and that can be enough. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell talks relentless pish so I’d take that with a pinch of salt. Guys like Bucky, Carswell, Long, McKee, McLean, MacLean, Wallace and Orsi will be on a decent wedge for this level. Not to mention McGeever/Grant depending on what the situation is with their wages. 

Said that on day one when we signed him .......farrel. 

The dressing rooms gone but we need to keep it together for those we want to stick around 

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell talks relentless pish so I’d take that with a pinch of salt. Guys like Bucky, Carswell, Long, McKee, McLean, MacLean, Wallace and Orsi will be on a decent wedge for this level. Not to mention McGeever/Grant depending on what the situation is with their wages. 

You might be right about the budget I have no idea. But if you are we only have that budget because we are renting the pitch to Sevco B. Catch 22

Fair do's to Annan, they were much better than us.

When I heard the line up I couldn't figure out the shape and for most of the first half it wasnt clear either.  What is clear is that Ally Love has no idea how to defend and Greg Wylde wont.

Playing against a mobile passing team we cant carry anyone, but Fazz put us out in the normal shape but with pegs in square holes.

As opposed to clapping the fans at full time today he should have came over at half time, explained that it was damage limitation and that we wouldn't be trying to get back into the game.  

The change of shape to play wing backs was a waste of time and seeing the game out playing 5-4-1 speaks volumes for intent.

Hopefully Wallace is ok and there are no reactions from the 3 back from injury today.

We need a good performance and result soon.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

You might be right about the budget I have no idea. But if you are we only have that budget because we are renting the pitch to Sevco B. Catch 22

Hee haw to do with Sevco , take your blinkers off. We have no owners or structure to take us into the present   . We're sharing a pitch purely based on revenue which we need. We need to be looking into progressing towards 4G . Less desirable and I get that but its going to keep games playable and revenue streaming in 7 days a week  . Either that we get a facility of our own and lease it out and generate income . 

Which is a millioniles away from happening 

We must be the only team second in their league where every possible scenario is currently a lose/lose one.  Somehow go up and we'd be fried in oil whilst watching more anti-football.  Stay down and we could quite possibly skid towards the arse end of the table next season.  In both cases we don't have the money to attract the sort of players we'd like to rebuild the team, never mind the reputation of the pitch being a factor.  It's a mess whatever way you look at it.

18 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Did Farrell give a post-match interview?

He will most certainly have given a post match.  Due to other commitments I was unable to travel to Annan today so there won’t be a DTV interview.  But @Jan Vojáček will no doubt have them in the paper on Tuesday.  

7 minutes ago, SANDYSON said:

He will most certainly have given a post match.  Due to other commitments I was unable to travel to Annan today so there won’t be a DTV interview.  But @Jan Vojáček will no doubt have them in the paper on Tuesday.  

Thanks!

I've bitten the bullet and booked my travel for the playoff semi. Officially conceded the title is over.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Elgin taking a shot in the dark and sacking their management team tonight.

I don't think there's many clubs in Scottish football who have been more generous to managers than us, in my lifetime. Take that whatever way you like!

Spoiler

I know someone might say David Winnie, but he's about the exception. Adamson I wouldn't buy as being harsh, we were well on our way to breaking Fallon's record. Fallon, Martin, McCabe, Aitken, Farrell have all been given longer than they deserved.

Edited by FifeSons

31 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I don't think there's many clubs in Scottish football who have been more generous to managers than us, in my lifetime. Take that whatever way you like!

Hide contents

I know someone might say David Winnie, but he's about the exception. Adamson I wouldn't buy as being harsh, we were well on our way to breaking Fallon's record. Fallon, Martin, McCabe, Aitken, Farrell have all been given longer than they deserved.

I interviewed Adamson for a football magazine just before he was sacked and had to rewrite the article just before it was published. I was against his sacking at the time, but the hiring of Murray and his statements about the poverty of training arrangements at his meet the manager session when he was hired changed my view on the subject. Still love him for what his team did over the period he was in charge though. And he was a thoroughly engaging person to interview.

Edited by Sweet Pete

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I interviewed Adamson for a football magazine just before he was sacked and had to rewrite the article just before it was published. I was against his sacking at the time, but the hiring of Murray and his statements about the poverty of training arrangements at his meet the manager session when he was hired changed my view on the subject. Still love him for what his team did over the period he was in charge though. And he was a thoroughly engaging person to interview.

I think that's a pretty spot on assessment of it. I also thought it was harsh at the time, but it was probably the best decision the club has made in my time. Granted, it could've been a disaster appointing someone with no experience and there was an element of luck involved. Though I've no doubt if AA had stayed, we'd have been last and lucky to make double digits. The period of that season before Murray came in is also definitive proof against the argument made by some oddballs that the success was all down to Jack Ross and not IM.

Edited by FifeSons

Does anyone else feel a bit exhausted with playoffs? Third season in a row and 4th in the last 6. I haven't enjoyed a single one so far. Granted, this is the first one in that time where its promotion rather than relegation on the line, but we're in just as miserable a place after the last few weeks.

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Does anyone else feel a bit exhausted with playoffs? Third season in a row and 4th in the last 6. I haven't enjoyed a single one so far. Granted, this is the first one in that time where its promotion rather than relegation on the line, but we're in just as miserable a place after the last few weeks.

Feels a bit empty , chasing the consolation prize,  however we mite not actually get the reward. 

Either way.  Fraud is staying , he made sure he was ok .

we need to rebuild for next season regardless now where our fate lies....move forward. 

The fans need to rally behind the players and each other . The dressing room may have gone , but together the players can bring it on . If they want it enough.  

Start of the season we played teams off the park with,  one touch and passing along the deck . 

Were now punting the ball into no man's land and all were receiving is a grenade back in the face. 

Edited by OKsons2020

21 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I enjoyed the playoffs home and away against Airdrie. I hated the away leg against Arbroath mind you.

The home playoff against Edinburgh City was the first we allowed fans in after covid and I was sat in the away end due to the regs and we were surprisingly good, despite how shite we had been that season. The home playoff last season against the same opposition we were absolutely shite.