Sons' sorrow

14 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Are you familiar with Stevie Farrell’s work?

Not this season but your form hasn't been too bad over the last quarter. Seems like you rested a few players yesterday as well which will help for Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

I have zero idea who will prevail over two legs.  We are horribly erratic. 

You could probably describe us as consistently erratic over Farrell’s tenure. We are either consistently picking up results or being consistently pish. The difference this season is that we seem to haved bucked the trend of the pishness occuring the entire second half of the season, although that did look a real possibility up until 2 months ago. This will be the first time under him that we are going into the playoffs in decent form.

8 hours ago, Silverton End said:

A new artificial pitch at The Rock is planned for the 2025/26 season then.

🤔

Think that’s been the case since December/January….

19 minutes ago, Elrow said:

Think that’s been the case since December/January….

I only read about it in the SonsTrust AGM minutes document, kindly sent out by DB over the weekend.

There has been plenty of discussion & ideas posted in this thread, but nothing confirmed by our Chairman/Board regarding a new playing surface, nothing on the official DFC website either, which has every news article available, going back to the beginning of this season.

9 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I only read about it in the SonsTrust AGM minutes document, kindly sent out by DB over the weekend.

There has been plenty of discussion & ideas posted in this thread, but nothing confirmed by our Chairman/Board regarding a new playing surface, nothing on the official DFC website either, which has every news article available, going back to the beginning of this season.

It’s something we are still working on. There is a couple of different things that we need in place before we can move on it and will need a close season to get the work done.

As soon as there is more concrete information we will update 😊 

3 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

It’s something we are still working on. There is a couple of different things that we need in place before we can move on it and will need a close season to get the work done.

As soon as there is more concrete information we will update 😊 

Thanks 👍

Posted (edited)
On 03/05/2024 at 20:09, microdave said:

I'm sure there were highlights but I can't find them. That would've been when @GoTeamGaz was doing them. I think they've sadly disappeared.

I was thinking about that the other day - all the files were stored on the site but presumably on an old laptop or hard drive I must have about 150 final rendered files. I stuck the ones that were not technically copyright of the SFL on to YouTube at some point. 

edit: I’m pretty sure the ones on YouTube include me asking Gareth Southgate what Sons players caught his eye. 🤣

Edited by GoTeamGaz

Any chance the club could sell a small part of the carpark to a mobile company to build a phone tower to improve the WiFi signal at Rock? It's non existent the moment.

Plus that would help pay for the astro pitch. 😂 

Just due to all the build up to the playoffs starting I managed to miss that the club have got Murdo Macleod doing a Q&A ahead of the Scotland v Germany game. 

"Who's you favourite Scotland player?" 

0_IMG_4124.jpg.7b5d09ab3c079e1ebc91761c63901e5a.jpg