Sons' sorrow

Not trying to start anything here but I'm genuinely interested in what you guys think he would learn differently at another full-time club? Or is it just playing with different players?

That comment was more to do with Radford being afraid that he's sharing opinions with me, tbh.

And its to do with the coaching to me, we need to challenge Kane and having him train with us isn't really that great for that, I'd rather he had new coaches working on different parts of his game and new players giving him advice. He'll get it as you lot, certainly, but the rest of the week he'll be at us, and frankly we'll probably neglect him a bit due to him not technically being our player.

Fair enough. I just feel that if the rumours that Kane wanted to come back here are true then this is only going to work well for both teams. He should learn plenty from our squad, it's very experienced this year.

Yeah Im not wanting to insult you lot, as he clearly got on well with your squad and was playing regularly, and that will benefit him more than any perceived difference in coaching at a full time side. Just though we maybe would've tried to get a full time side instead.

Its six months anyway, and it'll be interesting to see what happens in January.

Surely it's about finding a balance. Realistically what full time club would Kane be guaranteed the same game time as he would at Dumbo (Morton and the Pars aside as that's a step backwards).

Falkirk, Livi, Raith and Queens. There's cases for all of them to leave him out. Game time is the malt important thing for a lad at his age and he will be playing against some very good players this season. Experience he would never get at youth level. He will get some new coaching for the Dumbo guys while retaining the core training with his parent club who will not neglect him as they obviously see him an asset. They could get £500k+ for him if he develops like May so why they definitely won't neglect him.

Yeah Im not wanting to insult you lot, as he clearly got on well with your squad and was playing regularly, and that will benefit him more than any perceived difference in coaching at a full time side. Just though we maybe would've tried to get a full time side instead.

Its six months anyway, and it'll be interesting to see what happens in January.

I remember the first time he came to us, there was a chance for him to go to Dundee and one or two others. Part of the reason he came to us was game time, but the other reason was because Wright wanted him training with your team. That way they can see his development and know he is training well. Whereas, if he was training completely with another side you couldn't see where he was at.

Surely it's about finding a balance. Realistically what full time club would Kane be guaranteed the same game time as he would at Dumbo (Morton and the Pars aside as that's a step backwards).

Falkirk, Livi, Raith and Queens. There's cases for all of them to leave him out. Game time is the malt important thing for a lad at his age and he will be playing against some very good players this season. Experience he would never get at youth level. He will get some new coaching for the Dumbo guys while retaining the core training with his parent club who will not neglect him as they obviously see him an asset. They could get £500k+ for him if he develops like May so why they definitely won't neglect him.

Yeah Dumarton are probably, by far, the best option. As he'll start the season as first choice, while other clubs in the division may not. I'm not meaning we'd shun him completely, but I feel like there might be less focus on him due to the fact he can't actually play in games for us, if that makes sense at all.

I remember the first time he came to us, there was a chance for him to go to Dundee and one or two others. Part of the reason he came to us was game time, but the other reason was because Wright wanted him training with your team. That way they can see his development and know he is training well. Whereas, if he was training completely with another side you couldn't see where he was at.

Yeah theres obviously positives, and I've admitted I might be wrong, but it would maybe have benefited him to be somewhere else, and be away from us for a while, simply so he can get away from being the "rookie" and build his ego being a key part of team for a year or six months, instead he'll be back at us a few days every week and back into this "rookie" mindset. May got around this by being massively self assured, I'm not sure Kane has the same arrogance yet.

Obviously you guys see him more than me, but I've never understood the Dumbo love in surrounding Prunty. I've always found him to be a particularly average performer against us and been pleased to see him line up against us as I don't see him as much of a threat. That said he does have a half decent goal return.

Strange no league 1 team (Airdrie) wanted him.

All knowing.