Sons' sorrow

Saw a comment about this earlier.amazing the number of team in the cup over weekend who had a former sons player in their ranks. Including nish I reckon about 14 or 15.

On a similar note I reckoned that 10 of the other 13 ties had at least one ex Queens player involved (including unused subs). Some of them had several. And of the three that didnt two were because Nicky Clark and Dan Carmichael werent on the bench for Rangers and Hibs. The only game where we have no ex player at either club was St Mirren v Partick and that only because Craig Reid's loan at St Mirren ended last week.

Now we are through the tie against queens where, let's be honest, if we had lost we wouldn't have been too fussed. Who do we all fancy in next round? A winnable tie such as Annan, ek/lthv etc or a potential money spinner away to Celtic? Personally I'd prefer the former and have a go at a run and a semi appearance at hampden in a couple games time. Without being cynical I can see us with an uninspiring draw against Morton or Hibs

Linlithgow Rose away (if they get through) would be wonderful. Failing that Killie away would be a new ground to tick off the list.

Basically anywhere but an OF tie, or someone from the Championship.

Absolutely odds on we get Rangers away

On the subject of progression versus income generated, I always prefer a shot at going further to a humping by a big team in exchange for a few measly sheckels. That's the point of the cup after all.

Absolutely.

Zero point in hoping for a money spinner in return for a pumping unless you're seriously desperate.

On the subject of progression versus income generated, I always prefer a shot at going further to a humping by a big team in exchange for a few measly sheckels. That's the point of the cup after all.

Absolutely.

Zero point in hoping for a money spinner in return for a pumping unless you're seriously desperate.

Go for winnable - an away tie at Celtic wouldn't be as big a money-spinner as you might think.

The stadium would be half-empty at best if we were the opposition, with high costs* deducted by Celtic before splitting the gate.

*exaggerated costs at that, no doubt.

The deduction for "costs" is notional and taken as a percentage of income. The actual costs paid are completely irrelevant.