NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25205548

Are the Seahawks in danger of becoming as boring as the "wha's like us" superfans from pittsburgh?

I hate the whole thing about measuring volume of crowd etc and all the fans wearing the number 12!

Yeah you have a full stadium well done, doesn't make you any better a fan than the half a crowd that still goes to see a shit Jacksonville team!

It happens in soccer too people look down on sides small crowds or brag about how there team fills their stadium or takes x amount I away fans! Bores the life out me!

I'm hoping the Seahawks win out at home and win enough games to grab the number one seed. It's nothing against them, but I'll be backing against them at home the first chance I get in the playoffs and want as big a price as possible.

That will come from the misconception that has quickly come about that they can't be beaten at home. Their home record is excellent, yes. However, as the season has progressed it's gone from congratulating them on that and recognising that going to Qwest in the playoffs will be a tough prospect to numerous pundits saying they are unbeatable up there. Nonsense.

As for the continual world record thing, it's stupid. If it were to happen organically in reaction to something on the field or a pre-match tradition or something then fair enough. To have everyone just scream at a certain point however, is utterly meritless.

I'm hoping the Seahawks win out at home and win enough games to grab the number one seed. It's nothing against them, but I'll be backing against them at home the first chance I get in the playoffs and want as big a price as possible.

That will come from the misconception that has quickly come about that they can't be beaten at home. Their home record is excellent, yes. However, as the season has progressed it's gone from congratulating them on that and recognising that going to Qwest in the playoffs will be a tough prospect to numerous pundits saying they are unbeatable up there. Nonsense.

As for the continual world record thing, it's stupid. If it were to happen organically in reaction to something on the field or a pre-match tradition or something then fair enough. To have everyone just scream at a certain point however, is utterly meritless.

They can be beaten, but will they? Probably not.

They can be beaten, but will they? Probably not.

It would be hyperbole to call the post season a different game but for me everything is reset in January and you need to prove it all over again.

I'm happy to take on Seattle, particularly as I anticipate getting a nice price about them losing. They're young in the positions that really matter, they've a head coach who hasn't much playoff success to boast about. they're a franchise not used to winning. I think for these experts to consider them unbeatable is incredible and lazy.

It's something we've seen time and again. The Falcons had an incredible home field advantage over a number over years when they got the number one seed a couple years back. Papped out right away. Second year Jacksonville famously went into Mile High, possibly the greatest home field advantage ever and papped out Denver.

It can just take things not to go your way that afternoon and your finished, even if you are a better team than your opponent. I'm sure no one really thinks Baltimore were the best team in the league last season but they're the Champs.

I say this as someone who really likes their roster, their coach and their city. They have the ingredients you need in the post season - the Quarterback and big play ability on defense (the highest turnover differential in the league) - and I'd like to see them do well, I just feel they're set up for a fall. I think the 49ers will ultimately beat them up there and repeat as NFC Champions. We'll see though.

The Seahawk D will probably all fail drug tests and Pete Carroll will get sectioned for one of his 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Preyton manning will choke due to not being in a superbowl QB duel with Rex Grossman

Edited by Sloop John B

The Seahawk D will probably all fail drug tests and Pete Carroll will get sectioned for one of his 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Preyton manning will choke due to not being in a superbowl QB duel with Rex Grossman

Don't be daft the Seahawks don't have a problem, Pete says they are dealing with it! It's only something like 7 players since he took over.