NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Goodell was on Total Access yesterday in the states and came out with his latest moronic plan.

You score a TD - you get 7 points.

You get offered the chance of an extra point similar to a 2 pt conversion. Score and you get an 8th point. Fail and you drop down to 6

Not really moronic. When the conversion rate for extra points is over 99% then why bother? If this was any other part of the game then everyone would be clamouring for change. Imagine if defences stopped offense on 99% of drives or offences scored on 99%. I am not sure about the proposed alternative but I don't think I would be the only one that thinks the extra point is a waste of time.

Goodell was on Total Access yesterday in the states and came out with his latest moronic plan.

You score a TD - you get 7 points.

You get offered the chance of an extra point similar to a 2 pt conversion. Score and you get an 8th point. Fail and you drop down to 6

I really hate that man Edited by lichtie23

Not really moronic. When the conversion rate for extra points is over 99% then why bother? If this was any other part of the game then everyone would be clamouring for change. Imagine if defences stopped offense on 99% of drives or offences scored on 99%. I am not sure about the proposed alternative but I don't think I would be the only one that thinks the extra point is a waste of time.

I don't really disagree with what you are saying but I don't know what benefit there is to the flow of the game or anything else by removing the extra point. Basically what Goodell is proposing is exactly what happens now but without going through the motions of a kick.

If I was to change the extra point I would move it back or reduce the numbers you could have on the lines.

I don't really disagree with what you are saying but I don't know what benefit there is to the flow of the game or anything else by removing the extra point. Basically what Goodell is proposing is exactly what happens now but without going through the motions of a kick.

If I was to change the extra point I would move it back or reduce the numbers you could have on the lines.

I quite like that idea. Make it a 40 yard kick or go for two as it is now. I know 40 is usually fairly routine, but it would certainly give you something to think about. Especially in bad weather.

He should leave the game alone. There is nothing wrong with it

There is plenty wrong with it. The problem is that the areas where the improvements are needed are the areas where he has already made changes. f**k this precious QB nonsense, let them get hit. lets bring back touchdown celebrations and customised facemasks. kick off should be made from the goal line, not the 35 yard line nor the 20 yard line.

The ever increasing number of offensive records being broken is what needs to be fixed with the defence allowed to play.

There is plenty wrong with it. The problem is that the areas where the improvements are needed are the areas where he has already made changes. f**k this precious QB nonsense, let them get hit. lets bring back touchdown celebrations and customised facemasks. kick off should be made from the goal line, not the 35 yard line nor the 20 yard line.

The ever increasing number of offensive records being broken is what needs to be fixed with the defence allowed to play.

He's not going to change those things though.

He's not going to change those things though.

Agreed, still doesn't mean that lichtie23 is correct when saying there is nothing wrong with the game. The first thing I would change is that ALL plays should be able to be challenged by the coach. Don't increase the number of challenges available, just allow them to use them on all plays and allow them to guide the officials on what they deem to be the basis for the challenge rather than just "Indianapolis is challanging the ruling on the field that the player was down by contact".