NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

He's actually pretty good. There's not much any QB could do with that lineup and that atmosphere. I could still see him making a go of it in San Francisco if there's a change of GM and head coach, and offensive co-ordinator and defensive co-ordinator.

He's actually pretty good. There's not much any QB could do with that lineup and that atmosphere. I could still see him making a go of it in San Francisco if there's a change of GM and head coach, and offensive co-ordinator and defensive co-ordinator.

Have they not already tried this. It would appear the common factor in their struggles is CK.

Edited by strichener

Have they not already tried this. It would appear the common factor in their struggles is CK.

I really don't like the man. However. I think he would be a great fit for the Rams. Imagine the read-option with Gurley in the backfield. If we could get leads early our D would become unstoppable and Kap would never have to be a pocket passer.

I'm almost desperate enough to want it.

There has been a lot of things that Kaepernick did well in his earlier days, but he has definitely gone backwards this season and last. It hasn't all been down to him, the o-line has gotten progressively worse, and there has been some downright criminal play calling at times. The underuse of Vernon Davis last season was truly baffling, while his refusal to run with the ball this season hasn't helped either, there have been many times that he has had space to move into but has turned down the chance. The flip side is that he has made some errors that even rookies would get stick for, like the play in the link where he fails to read that the Rams have over committed to the run, and that as a result Torrey Smith is wide open and would have one safety to beat to score a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

It helps that Wilson generally looks to pass even if scrambling.

RGIII and Kap don't exactly have much options on their team to reduce the pressure

This. And RGIII didn't help himself by not realising that you can slide feet first and not get hit every time you run with the ball.

Yup.

He took them to the Super Bowl.

And lost in the NFC Championship game the following year, but it's all Kap's fault. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that he was as good as a lot of the hype around him, but he's being made the fall guy after the whole organisation ballsed up both the quality on the roster and the head coach appointment.

And lost in the NFC Championship game the following year, but it's all Kap's fault. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that he was as good as a lot of the hype around him, but he's being made the fall guy after the whole organisation ballsed up both the quality on the roster and the head coach appointment.

Indeed. I actually think he was as good as the hype suggested, but either way, if he's to blame for SF's failings then he was equally as responsible for their successes.

Quarterbacks get savaged after two bad performances. It's clearly completely unfair. That said, he gets compensated more than adequately.