NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Saints sack their defensive coordinator. No real surprise. It's actually horrible watching them trying to stop anything

giphy.gif

Conceding 4TDs to Kirk Cousins is a sackable offence IMO. They have spent a fair bit on free agents and draft picks trying to fix it but they haven't made any difference

I do think Sean Payton is starting to pass his sell by date after the Bounty Scandal and doesn't justify the salary he is on atm.

The NFL announce Payton manning "battling" plantar fascitis. Usually the sort of word reserved for cancer or Parkinson's, not a sore foot.

My missus has had that, and although it's painful and a bit of an inconvenience, "battling" is definitely a bit OTT.

Saints sack their defensive coordinator. No real surprise. It's actually horrible watching them trying to stop anything

Rob Ryan has been a terrible defensive co-ordinator for YEARS. Literally wherever he has been, the defense has been bad. If ever a coach was getting jobs based on name value alone, it's him.

Nick foles is getting benched for Keenum. Fisher knows he's on the hot seat

We'd be aswell just giving up with a quarterback and letting Gurley run every time, so this could be a smart move.

Without checking the stats, Keenum certainly seemed to hand the ball to Foster & Blue a higher proportion of the time than Schaub, Fitzpatrick or Mallett did. i do actually think he's better than Mallett though. Out of all those mentioned, I would have kept Fitzpatrick.

:lol: madness

You haven't watched Foles much. He looked great against Seattle in Week1 and I thought we were onto a winner. Since then though it's been all downhill. Sunday was just horrible. Benching him really was the only option. Won't save our season and it'll be another 7-9 for us.