Assistant coach of the year- Demeco Ryan's

Coach - Brian Daboll

Defensive player of the year -Nick Bosa

Defensive rookie - Sauce Gardner

Offensive player - Justin Jefferson

Offensive rookie - Garrett Wilson

Comeback player - Geno Smith

Mahomes wins MVP

Dak Prescott wins the Walter Payton man of the year award.

Hall of fame inductees:

Ronde Barber

Darelle Revis

Joe Thomas

Zack Thomas

DeMarcus Ware

Don Corvell (coach/contributor)

And seniors Chuck Howley, Joe Klecko and Ken Riley.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Defensive rookie - Sauce Gardner

Offensive rookie - Garrett Wilson

Both fully deserved, in my eyes - the Jets finally made some decent choices in the draft (a broken clock is still right twice a day etc.).

Now if only we could turn back time, lose to the Browns in 2020, and pick Trevor Lawrence instead of Zach Wilson...

On 08/02/2023 at 09:06, Nightmare said:

Saints feels like a good fit for Carr. Play in a dome, it’s a soft division and they have a really good defense. It’s pretty much the perfect scenario for him, with the one exception being how they fit him into their messy cap.

I feel like the Saints have been in Cap Hell for a good few years now. Just had another look and they are currently $60 million over as things stand. What contracts were they dishing out 4 or 5 years ago?!

5 hours ago, RiG said:

I feel like the Saints have been in Cap Hell for a good few years now. Just had another look and they are currently $60 million over as things stand. What contracts were they dishing out 4 or 5 years ago?!

The Saints seem to be pretty unique in the way they operate the salary cap, which is to run way over it up until the last minute where they shuffle a bunch of bonuses around and make lots of space again. All they’re really doing is kicking the dead money down the road every year, which theoretically they shouldn’t be able to do forever before the shit really hits the fan - but they’ve been working it this way for a good number of years now as you said.

So their cap always looks terrible around this time of the year, but Loomis always seems to make it work by the time the season comes around. I think they’ll be able to fit Carr in if they really want to.

7 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Time for my annual rant about the greatest return man in history not getting into the Hall of Fame again.

NFL literally changed the rules as he was so explosive.

While I agree he should be in, it's hard to argue that he should be ahead of any of the 5 who did get in this year.

On 10/02/2023 at 04:02, peasy23 said:

Mahomes wins MVP

Dak Prescott wins the Walter Payton man of the year award.

Hall of fame inductees:

Ronde Barber

Darelle Revis

Joe Thomas

Zack Thomas

DeMarcus Ware

Don Corvell (coach/contributor)

And seniors Chuck Howley, Joe Klecko and Ken Riley.

Scandal that Reggie Wayne has been overlooked yet again.

Brady has submitted a letter to the NFL and NFLPA confirming his retirement from 1st February.  Doesn't really mean a great deal but confirms his eligibility for the 2028 hall of fame ballot, where he will be a certainty to be picked in his first year of eligibility. 

On 10/02/2023 at 07:04, Nightmare said:

The Saints seem to be pretty unique in the way they operate the salary cap, which is to run way over it up until the last minute where they shuffle a bunch of bonuses around and make lots of space again. All they’re really doing is kicking the dead money down the road every year, which theoretically they shouldn’t be able to do forever before the shit really hits the fan - but they’ve been working it this way for a good number of years now as you said.

So their cap always looks terrible around this time of the year, but Loomis always seems to make it work by the time the season comes around. I think they’ll be able to fit Carr in if they really want to.

It’s actually a copy cat operation of what the Cowboys did for a number of years. The difference is the Saints won with it.