Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What happened to Unionists saying that OF COURSE Scotland could be successful if we were independent? They're all in a muddle. If I was in the SNP, I'd be attacking furiously.

Ten months out and BT are reduced to repeating themselves in ever more derogatory tones.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to Unionists saying that OF COURSE Scotland could be successful if we were independent? They're all in a muddle. If I was in the SNP, I'd be attacking furiously.

They love reminding everyone how they are "proud" or "patriotic" Scots

Danny Alexander 2010: "The IFS “does not look at the totality of our decisions”, he says, citing the Lib Dems’ flagship policy, the £2.5billion pupil premium. But the IFS says most schoolchildren will actually be worse off as a result of the review. “I just don’t agree with that analysis. They’ve got that wrong.” Schools, he adds, have “got a very, very good settlement”.

Not so respected after all?

I wonder what Alistair Darling thinks of the OBR? You know, the predictions that this IFS relies on?

Speaking to the Financial Times in 2010 Mr Darling, who heads the anti-independence alliance Better Together, claimed the OBR had been politicised.

"Right from the start the Tories used the OBR not just as part of the government but as part of the Conservative Party. They have succeeded in strangling what could have been a good idea at its birth."

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-economy/7737-latest-no-campaign-scare-ridiculed-as-it-emerges-darling-questioned-obr-credibility

But we're now supposed to trust it without question. I wonder if Barrysnotter agrees with 2010 Darling, or 2013 Darling?

The Unionists seem to be genuinely shitting themselves over the publication of the White Paper next week.

Don't think so,they will be keen to address the fantasies put forward by Salmond.Once that is done the SNPcan also wave the white flag.

Imagine the chat in the IFS office.

"OK guys we're going to run some projections on how Scotland's economy might perform if they split from the UK. Anyone got any initial thoughts?"

"We could calculate the debt repayments on an interest rate worse that Bulgaria gets..."

"We could ignore the uplift in GDP from corporation tax and VAT on Scottish spending that's calculated elsewhere..."

"We could use the OBR figures for oil price projections that are the lowest by far of any published projections..."

"We can include demographic projections that assume the population will continue to be jobless and will grow old quicker than the UK..."

"We can compare Scotland to the UK, not Scotland to the rUk when the oil and whisky exports are stripped out..."

"Let me just check Mr Darling's brief.... Yep, that all sounds fine, crack on!"

Better Together have already deleted that picture from their twitter page.

It's a great example at the straw clutching they do.

Have a look at this Twitter chat between journalist Mandy Rhodes and Rob Shorthouse, the Director of Communications at Better Together. Maybe explains why they pulled the graphic.

Archived