Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Salmond is going to bide his time and then come out swinging for the KO. You just have to look at his appearance on Question Time before the last Scottish Parliament elections. He made absolute mincemeat out of these senior Westminster politicians and was roundly applauded by the English audience in Liverpool. No wonder our Prime Minister David Cameron is shitting his breeks at being called out on a debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGxRcVFpNOQ

First time I've seen that. Alex is a total fucking boss. 8)

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmond is going to bide his time and then come out swinging for the KO. You just have to look at his appearance on Question Time before the last Scottish Parliament elections. He made absolute mincemeat out of these senior Westminster politicians and was roundly applauded by the English audience in Liverpool. No wonder our Prime Minister David Cameron is shitting his breeks at being called out on a debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGxRcVFpNOQ

"England lost control of emigration in 1066..." :lol:

Its a long time ago but I still remember Sean Connery promoting Suntory Japanese whisky abroad damaging Scotlands whisky industry and then trying to tell me to vote SNP .He even had the cheek to ban the ads in the UK to cover his arse.Still puts me off SNP even now.

Its a long time ago but I still remember Sean Connery promoting Suntory Japanese whisky abroad damaging Scotlands whisky industry and then trying to tell me to vote SNP .He even had the cheek to ban the ads in the UK to cover his arse.Still puts me off SNP even now.

Well its a good job the referendum is not about the SNP then!

Davidson and Sarwar were bright enough to realise they were never going to be able compete with Galloway or Farage, not poor old Angus he was sucked in and blown out in bubbles, it was a car crash for him, but the SNP will know in future that good old Angus should only put up for photo ops. and not serious debate, Salmond next time will send out the Rottweiler (Sturgeon) least she may have held her own, anyway the look on Robertson face when Dimbleby gave him into trouble, priceless

Alex Salmond will not appear on Question Time as he thinks its beneath him, he does like a cosy one-to-one from his front garden

Unless you have not noticed I am a NO voter

that was a complete surprise to me.

No, because splitting up a 306 year old country, one that we are all accustomed to, is an extremely big thing.

Yes, because it will mean that the people Scotland vote for will get in power every time.

Yes, because we not be getting involved in ridiculous, bank-breaking, illegal wars.

Yes, because we will not be spending tax money upholding an undemocratic House of Lords and monarchy.

Yes, because it may force rUK into nuclear disarmament.

Head says yes. Heart says no, however.

rUK won't disarm, this is a forlorn hope. Scotland will, that is a certainty.

No Dimbleby said they not take account of bi-elections, and on the split there was at least a couple of the audience said they were undecided

Dmbleby was wrong, they certainly do take account of the elections they care about, like Corby and Eastleigh. The audience was supposed to be split 50 - 50, undecideds didn't get any recognition as far as I know.

rUK won't disarm, this is a forlorn hope. Scotland will, that is a certainty.

Scottish independence would likely force rUK to disarm because there is nowhere to rebase, or if they did it would be exhorbitantly expensive. Either that, or they will just annexe the Clyde... I can't see the latter happening, mind.

1. They already are.

2. After independence, do you really think the SNP will get in? No chance is Alex Salmond getting in once the referendum is done. He might get a transitional government for the first years, but come the first election, he's gone!

Wow, who do you think will get in?

As a fellow sci-fi film fan I can only applaud the FM for his knowledge on the subject 8)

I would trust Alex Salmond with my life. Only sniveling bairns and arseholes don't admire his aura of awesomeness. 8)

2. After independence, do you really think the SNP will get in? No chance is Alex Salmond getting in once the referendum is done. He might get a transitional government for the first years, but come the first election, he's gone!

In drink?

If the vote is Yes, Salmond will have played a blinder and I'd fully expect him to lead either a majority SNP govt or a coalition effort. He and the SNP will be returned probably in huge numbers in 2016. People will play off the momentum of a Yes vote (if it happens) and think we might as well give him 4 years to see what he can do.

Long way to go before that all happens.

As a fellow sci-fi film fan I can only applaud the FM for his knowledge on the subject 8)

I tell you what, one of the great things about Salmond is that you could imagine yourself having a sit-down and a natter with him. All you Libertarians and Reynards, can you imagine sitting down with that crown arsehole Farage and having a chat that wasn't about how the poles and the EU are ruining the economy? Nut. The man's a one-note-samba.

I'll tell you what, one of the things that make me certain of a yes vote come 2014 is that not one of the cretins on here opposed to a Yes vote has even half the idea of a positive reason for staying in the union. Look at these idiots - Reynard, DeeGas, Ecto. Not one of them has a positive thing to say about the current Union. I know in my head and in my heart we'll win because the Union has nothing attractive that any sane human being would consider a good reason for sticking with the status quo. All we need is for the truth to come out.

Archived